'Three UK' wideband audio (a.k.a. 'HD calling') on OP3T

1. Woody3001 Froyo Nov 2, 2018

Woody3001, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Can't give anything definitive for the OP6 or any OP phone, but I currently have a Samsung phone, bought direct from Samsung, and I have the option to enable VoLTE calls on 3 in the menu there. I'm assuming HD Calling is working too, but since most of my calls are done over (poor) Bluetooth in a noisy truck I'd probably not notice anyway. Considering getting an OP6T but if call quality is nasty it doesn't sound promising. I have only noticed the call logs saying VoLTE call when in certain areas though, so maybe its a geographic thing with 3?

2. samprocat Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

3. samprocat Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

samprocat, Nov 5, 2018 :
    Voice and speaker quality are best that I have come across from all phones I have so far
    One+ 6T will not disappoint you..
    I'm on 6T

4. samprocat Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

samprocat, Nov 5, 2018 :
    View attachment 902658
    check this settings and on Android settings...

5. __AK__ Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

__AK__, Nov 5, 2018 :
    It's provisioned on my phone and was working fine before the update. So don't think any issues on the carrier side. I've tried to disable and enable it again but it doesn't work anymore.

6. samprocat Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

samprocat, Nov 5, 2018 :

__AK__

It's provisioned on my phone and was working fine before the update. So don't think any issues on the carrier side. I've tried to disable and enable it again but it doesn't work anymore.​

Then try to call them and make provisioning again for the SIM.....I had similar issue and once they provisioned phone problem was fixed.
    My is One+ 6T from One+

7. __AK__ Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

__AK__, Nov 5, 2018 :
    I've spoken to three Atleast 5 times about this issue and they've wasted over an hour each time and said everything is fine there end and then in the end they'd say to get Volte you need to purchase your phone direct from 3 or it won't work. And for WiFi calling I should download the three in touch app.

8. __AK__ Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

__AK__, Nov 5, 2018 :
    Three have had enough of me contacting them about this issue that the last time I spoke to them they said since you've called us many times about this issue and we can't resolve it, we can offer you a PAC and you can switch to any network without charge. I said no thanks, I'll stick around. No one does unlimited data and at this price.

9. samprocat Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

samprocat, Nov 5, 2018 :
    Unless you are really sensitive to some noise I would not really care for HD or HD+ Codec protocol.
    This only make carrier more happy because they can move your call over internet if possible.

10. __AK__ Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

__AK__, Nov 5, 2018 :
    I was more concerned that the WiFi calling wasn't working as many places that I work in don't have 3 coverage but have WiFi. The app is absolutely rubbish. But since the WiFi calling works now with the instructions I posted in the thread I'm happy. Even though the method began working after I took out a second sim with o2, pending cancellation when the contract ends.

11. CPlater1 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

CPlater1, Nov 8, 2018 :
    I can confirm that HD Calling and WIFI calling both work for me on 3 with my 6T having followed the instructions on this thread. I've had no indication of VoLTE working, but that's not really a major issue for me

12. samprocat Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2018

samprocat, Nov 9, 2018 :
    One+ 6T is capable doing new codec standard HD+
    At least here in US when I was on vacation with US TMobile SIM

13. Woody3001 Froyo Nov 9, 2018

Woody3001, Nov 9, 2018 :
    Where do you find if WiFi calling is working?

14. CPlater1 Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

CPlater1, Nov 9, 2018 :
    When on a call with Wifi calling, there is a little icon appears in the notification area. I can test it fully later when I go somewhere that I don't get phone signal, but will be on WiFi

Woody3001 likes this.