Throw away phone's via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

Jerry_S1S , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 23, 2020 :
    I can't seem to get anyone to help me with my 7 PRO w/cracked screen. Not One +, not here, not anywhere. I guess we are expected to just purchase a new one and just throw the one you already have with it's cracked screen that is bought and payed for w/damage coverage in the garbage, which is were I'm starting to think it belongs anyways. It's sad, because it was a purty good handset for about 6 months. Now it's worthless.

2. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 23, 2020

StopItRawr , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Who have you contacted (Where are you for a start?)

If you have damage coverage you should be able to get the screen replaced after all.

I'll report this so a mod picks this up for further support as this is a user to user forum.

3. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

4. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 23, 2020

StopItRawr , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Well, if you have coverage, the least should be that you get the phone fixed, right?

After that you have a working phone you can do whatever with!

5. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

One would think that it would be that simple. Im not going to like switching back to Pixel because the 4 is... well, you know. And GOD forbid I go back to Samsung or even worse the iPhone.

6. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 23, 2020

superplus , Jan 23, 2020 :
    If you have contacted CS, can you please send me your ticket support number in PM (using a (mobile) browser: https://forums.oneplus.com/conversations/add?to=superplus) with a brief timeline of when you contacted them about what and what responses you've received, if any. I can see if I can escalate the case for you.

7. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

I will Searchy E-mail
    I will search my E-mail but it's way down deep in my inbox because it's been quite awhile. There's actually two support tickets because I never even received the Carbon case that was purchased and paid for at the original purchase date. I'm going to have to find it because at this point I don't even remember when that was, I just had completely forgotten about it. That's purty messed up.

8. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

JmcRepair33 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Exactly what coverage did you purchase for Physical Damage? Cracked screen is not covered under warranty, Unless you purchased Oneplus care and or insurance through like example square trade

superplus and Jerry_S1S like this.
  9. superplus

@Jerry_S1S I've just checked for you, and regardless of where you have purchased your device (be it in India, Northern America or Europe (both for UK and the rest of Europe)), it is possible to buy extra protection for screen damage against accidental falls etc. by choosing the "Screen Protection Plan" during the checkout (currently for OP7T listed as ₹1,399/$65.00/£49.00/€70,00 - so you might be able to check this against your purchase records).

Please note that in UK/EU, even though it lists the prices during the checkout process, it also mentions the following:
    In India/Northern America it is possible to select it during checkout, but it also mentions the following:

If you did purchase this plan, and it has been activated, you should be able to use the following method for availing yourself of this screen damage protection plan regardless of where you purchased it from:
    - By using the OnePlus Care app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=oneplus.consumer.android

Or otherwise, depending on where you purchased it from:
    - For EU/UK: By using the OnePlus Aftersales page: https://aftersales.oneplus.com/login
    - For NA: By using the OnePlus Servify page: https://oneplus.servify.tech/ or by emailing them at us_support@servify.tech

Please note that India Servify's Terms & Conditions do state you need to have activated within 30 days of purchase and any claims reported within 48 hours of the damage having occurred. (See: https://oneplussupport.s3.amazonaws.com/Servify/OnePlus7T/IN/Coverage Summary_OnePlus Screen Damage Protection Plan for OP7T.pdf)

SoniaB and Cheetosdust like this.
  10. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

the device was financed and purchased directly from OnePlus I think affirm. I'm trying to find that information it's been awhile. I'm not sure it does got the care package I think it just has coverage for theft or lost.

I'm thinking that's probably the issue so I guess I'm purty much screwed. Still never received the case.

11. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

12. superplus

If you purchased only directly from OnePlus and are outside of North America or India, then the screen damage would most likely not be covered under a protection plan indeed, in which case repairs would be processed as "out of warranty" as per the costs listed on the Support page, excluding tax and labour: https://www.oneplus.com/support/repair-pricing/details?code=11

As for the case, if you are referring to this thread, it seems moderator @SoniaB was waiting to receive further information from you on this:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...h-my-new-oneplus-7-pro.1091298/#post-20659458

I'm not sure much can be done now, considering we are at least some five months after the fact.

13. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

Yeah, I'm sure nothing can be down at this s point. I get a new phone every year anyways. I see that the 7 PRO is $499 but out of stock.

I didn't bother looking at that other thread I just kind of gave up on the whole thing after a while, it was very very frustrating. I guess it's back to Pixel XL or Dare I say it, Samsung.

14. jasemanONE
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2020

jasemanONE , Jan 24, 2020 :
    GO to any forum for any phone on the planet and you will find someone who says this exact thing! Quit crying because you damaged the phone yourself and go through the proper methods to get it repaired or throw it in the trash...it's your money!

JmcRepair33 and Jerry_S1S like this.
  15. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

Jerry_S1S , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I'm not
    I did
    I will
    It is

Thank you Tough Guy keyboard Worrier!

16. jasemanONE
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2020

jasemanONE , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Learn to spell.

Jerry_S1S and JmcRepair33 like this.
  17. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

18. Jerry_S1S
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

19. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2020

JmcRepair33 , Jan 25, 2020 :
    being a firefighter is not going to give you magical power to have physical damage (cracked screen regardless how it happened) covered on your phone, only way to get this issue fixed WITH ANY PHONE OEM DOESN'T MATTER WHICH ONE IT is would be buying accidental coverage and or have insurance on the phone.....j/s!