Throwback Thursday: OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition

1. isty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2019

isty , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Oct 4, 2019 :
    What impressed me about this adition was the packaging and box content. Oneplus was always carefull when it came to finishing touches, but this time it overdone himself. The limited booklet, the little speed mark, were iconic.

Supersonic and dsmonteiro like this.
  2. ankitgondalia
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 4, 2019

3. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2019

4. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 4, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Are you sure that the battery on the 6T lasts that long?

5. femiuex
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2019

6. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2019

jaivaghela , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Loved my McLaren Edition 6T, I think it's the nicest looking OnePlus I've owned so far because of those Carbon fibre accents and orange strip at the bottom. I've given that phone for my dad to use and I'm using the 7 Pro at the moment but will be selling the 7 pro to buy h
    the 7T Pro McLaren Edition as soon as it's out ;)

Supersonic likes this.
  7. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 4, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Oct 4, 2019 :
    While I got to use this for some time, I no longer have it. It felt so good to use it and aesthetically amazing! Infact I'm beaten by the package

I had to say... I wish dbrand could help me get that look on other devices - 3T, 5, 6, 7Pro

Sadly this is the only pic I have!
    IMG_20190528_132349__01__01.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019

Supersonic likes this.
  8. abdo_t1234
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2019

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019

9. devang bucha
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

10. F_Ken_Lin_AEIu
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2019

Supersonic and joshdigit like this.

Supersonic and Impersonal like this.

13. MasterSkills29
    Froyo Oct 5, 2019

MasterSkills29 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    What I liked about theOnePlus 6T McLaren Edition was:

- Design: The 6T McLaren Edition has a stunning design change for a special edition and is for me the best looking Phone of all the OnePlus Special Edition phones
    - 10GB RAM and Warp Charge 30: The OnePlus 6/6T where already one of the fastest phones of 2018 but the 6T McLaren Edition even upgraded on that with that10GB RAM and even faster Warp Charge 30 which is pretty sick becuase 8GB RAM en Dash Charge were already the top RAM and fastest charges on the market.
    - The extra features over the regular OnePlus 6T: The 6T ME is not just a Special Edition with a different design like all other SEs of OnePlus, it is an upgrade with special features to the OnePlus 6T and that what really makes it special.

Supersonic likes this.
  14. I1555830143659
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2019

15. TibiTibi
    Nougat Oct 5, 2019

Supersonic and Impersonal like this.
  16. Impersonal , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Oct 5, 2019 :
    it's a awesome piece of technology , a fairly new one, less than a year old, but as I said, I'm guessing this thread ain't that random... so keep your eyes out for a new colab....

ps: mi-a plăcut comentariul tău, scurt si la obiect, un om care e nu doar mulțumit de produsul ales, dar care e sincer entuziast, mă refer la faptul că, din păcate, odată ce avem ceva ceea ce ne dorim, încetăm să-l mai dorim... dar tu dai dovadă de responsabilitate si maturitate, si cu toți trebuie sa încercăm sa fim (mai) așa! Numa Bine!

Dinu Constantin and Supersonic like this.
  17. N1544753223263
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2019

N1544753223263 , Oct 6, 2019 :
    still to the day I want the 6T McLean edition I will give up my 7 pro fro that that great looking phone with everything in it.

18. Supersonic
    Froyo Oct 6, 2019

Supersonic , Oct 6, 2019 :
    The OnePlus 6T McLaren Speed Orange Edition is just stunning!

The success of the collaboration between OnePlus and McLaren shows how far OnePlus have moved to as a Company since their beginning. Creating a partnership with a premium brand like McLaren is amazing! This also greatly benefits McLaren too now with an opportunity to playing in the premium consumer tech space.

Hopefully it's going to be a long-term partnership between OnePlus & McLaren and we will see the release of a OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren Edition this week. I think this thread could be telling and I'm excited! I will definitely be inline to buy!

In my opinion, the OnePlus 6t McLaren Edition remains stunning and an awesome piece of tech 1 year later in 2019.

Here are a few points of the things I love about it...
    • The OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition tweaked McLaren design with the gorgeous shiny black back with carbon fibre underlay with really attractive McLaren signature Papaya Orange racing stripe under the phone that fades away as it rises up the edges to the top
    • OnePlus emblazoned the McLaren logo on the back of the handset looks cool
    • It just looks great giving it a racing feel that all car/F1 fans will love it but it’s definitely more attractive than the standard OnePlus 6T too
    • Boosted specs with first 10GB of RAM, which is an upgrade from the maximum 8GB on the OnePlus 6T. The extra fast storage helps with the use of all lots of apps and content at once. I just wish more apps were optimised to use the RAM.
    • Back in 2018, OnePlus was one of the only Companies offering a phone with 10GB, this still is a huge amount of RAM in Q4 2019.
    • Everything feels slick, fast and premium
    • Another exciting feature was Warp Charge 30, I got a day’s charge in 20 minutes! I worked out that only 10 minutes faster than the standard OnePlus 6T, but it’s a blisteringly quick charge-up that is so good to use on the fly
    • Cool the Warp Charge 30 has the Papaya Orange braided cable line too
    • I just like the McLaren Edition takes all the best bits of the OnePlus 6T – like its smooth software and great camera – and adds some nice extra bonuses too
    Compared to 2 smartphones I previously used before buying the 6T McLaren, the iPhone XS Max was definitely not worth double the price. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro was also great until I experienced the green hulk screen of death (common on early versions with a panel lottery) showing Huawei rushed out the 20 Pro to market without enough device testing.

I finally definitely need to mention the 6T McLaren Edition special presentation box and McLaren-branded goodies inside! Open the lid and the first thing you’ll see is a clever McLaren “Salute to Speed” book, which goes into a lot of depth about the racing firm's history and notable successes.
    The book also includes excellent AR functionality. When setting up the phone, you can point the rear camera at the pages and reveal supplementary video diaries and even a detailed 3D image of a Formula 1 race car. It’s cool, fun and especially interesting if you’re a keen racing enthusiast like me! The 6T McLaren smartphone itself can also be found inside the book - that's just super cool and really innovative way of presenting a limited edition smartphone.

Below the book is the McLaren-branded carbon fibre look phone case, as well as the phone’s colour matching charger and USB-C to 3.5mm headphone adapter. Lastly, there’s also cool piece of actual carbon fibre in the form of the McLaren logo, which is constructed from the McLaren racing team’s MCL33 Formula 1 race car (extra info: which was driven by Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne) and encased in glass for display on a shelf. This is easily the best, innovative and coolest smartphone presentation I have seen.

Overall verdict, the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition is an easy 10/10 win from me! Salute to Speed!

dsmonteiro likes this.
  19. V1556014134796
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2019

20. devang bucha
    Froyo Oct 7, 2019