Network/Connectivity Tile Pro Connectivity Issue

1. dointime1
    Donut Jan 2, 2019

dointime1 , Jan 2, 2019 :
    Just wanted to add another thread to the list. I also have Tile pro and have now unfortunately discovered that they don't connect. Add this to the list of the many shortcomings of the One Plus 6t.

Patrick_Willig_42 likes this.
  2. xnutzii
    Lollipop Jan 2, 2019

xnutzii , Jan 2, 2019 :
    Third-party apps aren't related to OnePlus themselves. If they don't work, blame the app developer, as they haven't optimized the app for the phone yet. Contact them via play store (there's an email link).

3. SiliconAddiction
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2019

SiliconAddiction , Jan 2, 2019 :

That is my suspicion as when you look at the logs it can't connect to the device even though it can be see by Bluetooth. Nonetheless, Tile is claiming its a known issue by OnePlus. And frankly it COULD be related to OnePlus. Just because an app is having problems doesn't mean there isn't an issue that is OnePlus specific. I've had Bluetooth issues on my former Samsung that went away after getting a OnePlus. Just because its a third party app doesn't mean there isn't something at the OS level that isn't functional. (Considering they are certified with the Pixel and Samsung line it would suggest it is something OnePlus specific.

So they are playing the blame game as far back as OP 6. OnePlus 5 isn't having these issues. (Or so I've been told.) I'd be curious now that OP5t has the Pie update if they can can connect with a Tile. If yes that its more likely something at the hardware level. If no it's more likely its something having to do with Android Pie. In either case until OnePlus 6 and 6t shows up on this list

https://support.thetileapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/200424778-Is-my-device-compatible-with-Tile-

I'd stay away from them. Chipolo Plus seems to be the only real Tile alternative.

garyomahony and xnutzii like this.
  4. xnutzii
    Lollipop Jan 2, 2019

xnutzii , Jan 2, 2019 :
    Nice detailed in-depth analysis.

5. S1547245666612
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

S1547245666612 , Jan 11, 2019 :
    I'm also burnt that my tiles won't work with my oneplus6t..........and got the same answer from tile, they say it's a software issue on one plus's side and say it's the only phone it won't work with

G1542501336283 likes this.
  6. gooduckmike2004
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

gooduckmike2004 , Jan 12, 2019 :
    I've also been told after calling into Tile that my Tile is not compatible with OnePlus 6T. I came from a Pixel 2, where it was working great - so this is a bit of a let down.

Could a representative from OnePlus speak regarding whether this issue is in the works of being fixed?

It doesn't matter which side needs updating, Tile and/or OnePlus, collaborate, communicate, and resolve the issue, please - so we can all use our Tiles again.

Thanks.

G1542501336283 likes this.
  7. tehdeejus
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2019

8. noogaz
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2019

9. dointime1
    Donut Jan 31, 2019

dointime1 , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Damn. Now do I want to go to beta...... I think I'll wait for the standard release.