Time has come to make a decision

1. Jardani
    KitKat Sep 11, 2015

Jardani , Sep 11, 2015 :
    I finally have a chance to buy OP2. Question is, what do I do...there's been an overwhelming amount of negative feedback from community in regards to phone's quality and performance. Some are even calling it complete failure. I've been around for a while and tried out several OPO phones before going back to Nexus 5 2013. My biggest problem is no chance of returning the phone if I don't like it without going through extreme stress and waste of time with CS here. I can't make up my mind. I am fully aware this is a very similar thread to many others but I can't help but ask for opinion. Don't tell me just to buy it or not to buy it, please take few minutes to elaborate. I am completely split 50-50 on this.

M4ENY, bjallen13, amywu and 2 others like this.
  2. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Sep 11, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Sep 11, 2015 :
    had the same questions, but i choose op2 and didnt had remorse. Rlly like the op2.

What alternatives are you thinking about?

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. Hashss
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2015

4. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2015

NaterTots , Sep 11, 2015 :
    The Nexus us expected on Sept 29. The Motos also look great. Never mind that the G4 is being cut in price constantly.

I ended up backing the Nextbit Robin on Kickstarter. That'll be for the Lady in my life

5. clobberin4
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2015

clobberin4 , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Don't worry - go for it! I don't think the negativity has been overwhelming - there's a lot of moaning here as people want it right now and don't understand the concept of waiting. The phone is great - an absolute steal at this price. It's not a massive leap from the OP1, but it's enough to justify investment at the price. All new phones have niggles - OP have shown previously that they will address/fix these wherever possible and as soon as possible.
    Join the family :):)

Mikito1976 likes this.
  6. Bartnl
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2015

Bartnl , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Buy it, try it, keep it or sell it.
    Not that difficult ;)

7. Jardani
    KitKat Sep 11, 2015

Jardani , Sep 11, 2015 :
    I've been buying/selling phones since 2007, I am so tired of it you have no idea. I have other priorities in life now, I don't have desire or time to sell and buy back and forth.

8. Bartnl
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2015

Bartnl , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Can understand that, but it is a way to get you off your doubt :)
    And make some bucks out of it, as they are selling now for 1,5x the original price.

9. Jardani
    KitKat Sep 11, 2015

Jardani , Sep 11, 2015 :
    To be honest with you, I'm closes to keeping the old Nexus 5 without specified time frame. I was really let down by Nexus 6's size, price and screen issues, I was even more let down by OPO (I tried 7 of them), I don't want Moto X because I'm not Motorola's fan, never was...maybe the new Nexus 5? I don't know...I travel A LOT to Europe, I'm going again next Sunday and the dual sim of OP2 is what is keeping me interested. There are tons of dual sim phones but they are so bad and so cheap that it's gut-wrenching.

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 11, 2015

dsmonteiro , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Please don't see this as a rant, but I honestly don't understand why people ask what should they buy or not.

You not only have the same info we all have (Forum, reviews, internet articles, etc.) but also what you are thinking (what do you look for or not on a phone).

Just make up your mind already! :p

11. mopsert
    KitKat Sep 11, 2015

mopsert , Sep 11, 2015 :
    If you were not satisfied with the OPO, I would suggest not to try the OPT. The OPT is a decent phone, but not an out-of-the-box type of phone. Like the OPO.
    Stick to your Nexus 5 or try the 2015 version. From what I have been reading, you wouldn't be happy with the OPT.

nerdo likes this.
  12. qorris
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2015

qorris , Sep 11, 2015 :
    We spend 2 much time with our phones nowdays is inevitabe, we use them for work , communication, social media , ect ect.
    Get the phone you enjoy more using , get a phone that will cover most or all of your "needs"
    100 or 150 $ more is not a big deal for somthing you use every day for many hours.
    Its up 2 you.
    If :D

13. ButterFlYnez
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2015

ButterFlYnez , Sep 11, 2015 :
    You stated that you've tried OPO's before but were dissatisfied, can you elaborate why? Since the OP2 is similar to the OPO, it might not be for you

14. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 11, 2015

sfomin , Sep 11, 2015 :
    get something other than OP2. Its full of bugs and half baked. you would be better off with any other 2015 phone pretty much

Serbian Overlord and nerdo like this.
  15. edwardkim2000
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2015

16. Christian_yn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2015

17. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2015

geraldcortez , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Well, here in US, ease of payment is a must, and with the launch of Android Pay , just gave me a lot more reason to skip the OP2.

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  18. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2015

aaron.hossain75 , Sep 11, 2015 :
    [​IMG]
    You're not gonna regret like this guy ... , you will face no problem after buying it there a re some bugs in Oxygen OS but those will be fixed in future OTA updates so buy the Op2 and be happy! :)

19. Mikito1976
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2015

Mikito1976 , Sep 11, 2015 :
    Go for it! I've been using my OPO for a year now and I still love this phone. I waited for my invite and as soon I got my invite I went for it. I had same thoughts about getting another phone but I really like what OnePlus is doing regardless of their mistakes and they seems determine to get things right. Every company has there ups and downs, even the big companies aren't perfect. We will always complain about something, if it rains we complain but when it doesn't we still complain, we are never satisfy. Moreover, there will always be a positive and a negative, pros and cons and at the end it will be what fits for each person. But once again I'll go for it!

20. jwlkr
    Froyo Sep 11, 2015

jwlkr , Sep 11, 2015 :
    My advice to you is to wait until the new Nexus comes out. I ordered this phone on Sept 2nd . My credit card was charged right away, but my phone still hasn't shipped. Its not just a question of waiting. My order status changes simply do not make sense (it moved from pending shipment to processing and then back to pending shipment after 8 days). Further, no one from oneplus responds to my support ticket. If you call them up, customer service is completely clueless as to when the phone might ship. I find myself in a situation where I have no idea when my phone might ship.

So, please wait to see how the new Nexus compares against the one plus 2. If the comparison is almost even, I would strongly advise buying another phone. No one should have to pay money and go through all this nonsense.