0
Time taken to reach 100% charge.

  1. AKG_17
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2018

    AKG_17 , Mar 22, 2018 :
    Hi, I have a query. I bought my One Plus 5T on Jan 26th. I want to know how much time it takes to reach 100% charge. I have gone through few forums, websites and they said it would take Max of 77 minutes to reach 100%. But my mobile is taking 87 minutes to reach 100%. Is it normal?

    In the first one hour, the phone is reaching 93% charge without fail. The rest 7% usually takes 20-25 minutes. But few people are saying that their mobile is reaching 100% in just 37 minutes..!!! This is scaring me like hell :(

    Initially (for 2-3 days) I used to turn on "Battery saving mode" continuously after unplugging my charger. Later came to know that it is not advisable to keep under that mode continuously.

    Is it necessary/good to charge the device till 100% every time? I usually charge my mobile when it reaches 15% and charge it till 100%.

    I have updated my mobile with latest OS version 5.0.4. now. Just want to know whether is there any problem with my device or nothing to worry about?
     

    #1
  2. DannyM93
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 22, 2018

    DannyM93 , Mar 22, 2018 :
    A difference of 10 minutes is pretty negligible, I think.
    0-93%, like you said, is going to be faster than 93-100%, as the dash charger actually decreases its current at about that time.
    I wouldn't worry about it. It seems to be functioning OK.
    Besides, it's best to not charge to 100%, it keeps your battery healthy longer.
     

    #2
    AKG_17 likes this.
  3. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Mar 22, 2018

    TheRealGamer , Mar 22, 2018 :
    it depends on which app running while charging like WhatsApp, Facebook or etc.

    for me it take like 1 Hour 29 to 35 min approx.

    so it still charges faster than other device
     

    #3
  4. AKG_17
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2018

    AKG_17 , Mar 22, 2018 :
    I never use my mobile while charging it. But still it takes longer time. o_O
     

    #4
  5. VIKAS_RAIZADA
    Froyo Mar 22, 2018

    VIKAS_RAIZADA , Mar 22, 2018 :
    Thats pretty normal. But DO NOT charge till 100% every time as it decreases the battery life drastically, best is to charge when battery reaches 45% & charge till 65% to keep the battery healthy. Only charge till 100% once in a while like in 15-20 days.
     

    #5
    AKG_17 likes this.
  6. DannyM93
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 22, 2018

    DannyM93 , Mar 22, 2018 :
    I don't know about drastically... but it does have an effect.
    Ideally, yes, you're right. 45-65% is really easy on the battery, but really cumbersome and annoying in practice.
    I do 15-90%. It's not nearly as healthy, but it's still way better than 100% and it's very doable for me.
     

    #6
    AKG_17 likes this.
  7. VIKAS_RAIZADA
    Froyo Mar 22, 2018

    VIKAS_RAIZADA , Mar 22, 2018 :


    DannyM93

    I don't know about drastically... but it does have an effect.
    Ideally, yes, you're right. 45-65% is really easy on the battery, but really cumbersome and annoying in practice.
    I do 15-90%. It's not nearly as healthy, but it's still way better than 100% and it's very doable for me.​


    Yes you are right that for most of the people it is not practical to keep plugging in the charger every time it reaches 45% but i said this just to give everyone an idea that only short bursts of charge is needed to keep the battery healthy. And charging only once in a while to 100% keeps the battery stats calibrated.
     

    #7
    DannyM93 likes this.