Tips for new user of OnePlus 7t via OnePlus 7T

1. F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2020

F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Hi guys, just bought OnePlus 7t frosted silver today as i find it more vfm compared to OnePlus 8 and OnePlus isnt letting people buy OnePlus 8 pro by keeping it out of stock. Just wanted tips from experienced OnePlus 7t users who have been using the phone wrt how to use my ohome most optimally. I don't have much, i would consider myself medium user but my wifi, bluetooth,data amd location are always on.lookinfg for your guidance. Regards 1594146220772.jpg

2. Abhilash.Sabat
    Donut Jul 8, 2020

Abhilash.Sabat , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Congratulations on getting this awesome device. I have been using it for a long time and i must say I'm loving it. I enjoy three things the most in this phone... The camera (especially the macro photography.. it's god level), Dolby Atmos for both speakers & headphones for media consumption and the entire experience which includes gaming.
    Have fun exploring your device :)

shoghi07 and BeingIncog like this.
  3. F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2020

F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I just noticed in storage that system is using around 26 gb , that seems really large. My model is frosted solver with 128 gb storage amd 8xgb ram

4. Abhilash.Sabat
    Donut Jul 8, 2020

5. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 8, 2020

BeingIncog , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Coz of new dynamic partition style.

6. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Battery life is effectively based on your continuous usage and Application running is background so look out for apps that consumes battery in background and stop them if they ever start draining it.

If you're using wifi in your home, I'd suggest to keep the frequency of it to 2.4Ghz as 5Ghz would cause battery drain when signal gets low.

Keep your alert slider dust free or after a month or two you'll find it hard to switch.

With Amoled panel, display brightness if kept full with a static background ( could be your wallpaper or an app running for longer periods of time) may result in Amoled burn so watch out for that.

7. F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2020

F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Hi , can you please recommend great quality tempered. And xase that cover camera bump as i found OnePlus cases to.be quite expensive and people's general opinion is that they are good for looks.

8. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I personally use a local tempered glass as when device launched, it was pretty expensive and I haven't changed it since then. It is matte finish so doesn't retain scratch.

About case, I am still using default tpu as that covers corners, so if accidentally dropped, at least it would not fall flat. Otherwise I'd recommend to use a rugged case, that will add extra weight in pocket and device would feel heavy when tried to use with one hand for longer period but you get the security of not breaking any of the glass.

9. F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Also for battery, i charednto 100 first time yesterday, should i let it discharge or like what's the optimum options for a new OnePlus 7t when it comes to charging

10. DEVGHOST10
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2020

11. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Oh there's no need to do a full battery drain cycle. You can charge whenever you want, I prefer to charge once the battery hits 15% and I usually get about 5.5 to 6 hrs of SOT and that's not bad considering I play about an hour and then social media, music and YouTube is running all day until it hits the mark. Plus network strength also plays a huge role as if you try to use cellular data and your tower isn't near, your device will drastically loose battery in order to get internet. So, it is always variable - the hours written on website is of controlled environment where everything is working well, in real life even using device while travelling would drain 10% without doing anything with it because we keep loosing network in between.

14. F_Kartik_Rustagi_kOOR , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 9, 2020 :
    I mean the two things i noticed when opening this phone up, nearly no bezel compared to my poco f1 and charging is insane as i charge my ohone from usually 15 to 86 and it tookxjust 34 minutes.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  15. humzagr8
    Eclair Jul 12, 2020

humzagr8 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    100 to 80 % after using 1 hr normally like what's app only is it ok usually from 100 to 10% i get SOT is 4.2 to 4.5 hrs

16. prajwal_.6
    Donut Jul 12, 2020

prajwal_.6 , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Bro really ! My 7t gets heats up very quickly even in normal useage ! It feels so hot I don't know wt to do! I need help or fix ! Because this is my new phone!!!!!

prajwal_.6 likes this.