TMobile One Plus 7 pro now running dual sim and international varient

1. Upgradde
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2019

Upgradde , Aug 23, 2019 :
    I've been a Samsung man since the original Galaxy that had the slide out qwert keyboard. No more, I'm in love with One Plus 7 pro. It was made available to me via my service with T-Mobile and the software restrictions placed by them should be criminal

I couldn't let my 7 pro not live to its full potential. I had to unleash the beast. I'm now running it as a rooted international varient with dual sim and it is simply the finest device I've ever had the pleasure of owning. And I've had an S10plus, pixel 3xl, and p30 pro this year.

I had a couple of obstacles along the way and I just wanted to share my journey to possibly spare someone from having to meet these same obstacles.

open to answer any questions and open to learn from any suggestions. #neversettle

2. Upgradde
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2019

Upgradde , Aug 23, 2019 :
    dual 4g functionality easily added an additional 4-7mb per second on download speeds

3. TGardner
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2019

Upgradde likes this.
  4. TGardner
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

Upgradde likes this.
  5. W1581722319965
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

Upgradde likes this.
  6. Ryantek
    Froyo Feb 17, 2020

Ryantek , Feb 17, 2020 :
    I wonder if you are using the Tmobile variant of the OP7- Pro if that is the case, please share the files you used to covert from T-Mobile to international. Seem a few videos online, but not sure about the bootloader. (my phone is paid for already)

Upgradde likes this.
  7. Upgradde
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

Upgradde , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 20, 2020 :
    Yes , both me and the wife's 7 pros were originally Tmo varients. The only I've never cracked is the 5G on sprint, from what I understand it didn't even have an actual bootloader. May be different now, I grabbed the 5G the first day, OnePlus didn't even recognize the IMEI in it at first. As far as showing you how I did it, brother, if your bills are paid is your business, as far as I'm concerned these phones are works of art, and the software restrictions T-Mobile puts on them are like caging a unicorn or phoenix. I will be straight up, there is a bit of luck that comes into play or perhaps persistence is a better way to describe it. Shoot me a message and we can set up a screen share sometime and that goes for anyone reading this , the only way I won't share knowledge is if someone from OnePlus ask me not too. I love and believe in this company. So much that I'm about to shut down a profitable digital agency to try to become a North American distributor, brand ambassador, hell a janitor lol. I just want to be a part of history. Hit me up brother , let's get a time on the calendar and get you where you want to be. #NeverSettle

8. Upgradde
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

It's only the tray that is altered, not the internal components. Call me crazy , but if you look at the single tray plastic side , it's almost appears to have slots in the plastic that a patient individual could clip and smooth. if you know much about die and cast plastic injection moulding (part time job in high school) You'll know it actually cost more to have it made this way opposed to being filled in. Hidden gem for the OnePlus crew? Who knows, but from the company that made and an damn near unbrickable device, modding is not taboo anymore. personal I used my carefully clipped tray for as long as it took Amazon to deliver my real dual tray that got for less than 5 bucks American.

You'll have to get to the the international or Unlocked varients in order for the Dual sim to work software wise (custom ROMs will enable as well) They only thing that I could never lick was both Sims put off the same IMEI, but I've been on At&t, sprint ,Verizon ,and T-Mobile ( usually the same network on both ) and never had an issue.

9. Upgradde
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

Yes , both me and the wife's 7 pros were originally Tmo varients. The only I've never cracked is the 5G on sprint, from what I understand it didn't even have an actual bootloader. May be different now, I grabbed the 5G the first day, OnePlus didn't even recognize the IMEI in it at first. As far as showing you how I did it, brother, if your bills are paid is your business, as far as I'm concerned these phones are works of art, and the software restrictions T-Mobile puts on them are like caging a unicorn or phoenix. I will be straight up, there is a bit of luck that comes into play or perhaps persistence is a better way to describe it. Shoot me a message and we can set up a screen share sometime and that goes for anyone reading this , the only way I won't share knowledge is if someone from OnePlus ask me not too. I love and believe in this company. So much that I'm about to shut down a profitable digital agency to try to become a North American distributor, brand ambassador, hell a janitor lol. I just want to be a part of history. Hit me up brother , let's get a time on the calendar and get you where you want to be. #NeverSettle

10. Upgradde
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

Unlocking the Bootloader three days after getting it from T-Mobile was the probably the roughest part, FYI I did pay both of my devices off , but I wasn't waiting. I needed the power!

11. Upgradde
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

TGardner

That's quite a lineup for just 1 year.....​

Me and the wife take our phones seriously, We run our business off them quite often and , let's face it , they're an extension of one's self. Digital Marketing puts food on our table, Website builds built our house, app development purchased the cars in the garage. Dev freelancing bought the clothes on our back. Everyone I grew up with is dead or in prison, I was blessed to be introduced with html when I was 22 to make a crappy website for a local DJ and make $150 bucks to pay my rent. From their I just kept learning, doors kept opening, and I kept working harder. The internet is the first thing since the six-shooter that made all men (and women) equal. I didn't mean to get into my life story, but I turn 40 tomorrow and it's almost surreal how far we've come looking back. I've been called an expert in my field , but I'll never claim that, it's not true. I'm just a devote student, a digital assassin that you contract when you want your brand , service, or product to dominate online. And the razor sharp tech OnePlus has added to my Arsenal has evolved me and my staff into a new level of effectiveness. Almost 500 apps on my phone not a game one you'll find ( not knocking any who do have) The world is at my fingertips at all times now. My phone holds its own to my workstation. I can literally run over 200 different types of servers, translate Cantonese, text my wife, snap my son. Facebook my mom, make sure accounting formatted the spreadsheets for next week's meeting right this time, and pay my cable bill, and my 7 pro says "please sir, gimme more to do!"..And that was just in line for a cappuccino. #NeverSettle