Network/Connectivity tmobile wifi calling on unlocked OP7P

1. fondoo
    Froyo Aug 6, 2019

fondoo , Aug 6, 2019 :
    has anyone successfully enabled tmobile wifi calling on their OP7P that was purchased from OP directly?
    The store is giving me mixed feelings.

2. Syaoran
    Froyo Aug 7, 2019

Syaoran , Aug 7, 2019 :
    Yes, and it works okay. In comparison to the T-Mobile firmware, the WiFi Calling seems to be a little less reliable but it does work. The International/US firmware (GM21AA) uses the stock implementation of Android's WiFi Calling, which is what T-Mobile also uses.

fondoo likes this.
  3. fondoo
    Froyo Aug 7, 2019

fondoo , Aug 7, 2019 :
    well, since only one person responded and my friend who just got his OP7P directly from OP popped his TMO sim card in and was able to get VoWIFI. I went down to the TMO store but the guy working there wasnt very confident it would work or not. i bit the bullet and signed up for the $40 simple prepaid 10GB LTE with no contract to test the waters. I was able to get VoWIFI/ WIFI calling working on the unlocked OP7P. If coverage is excellent, I'm jumping ship from ATT because they wont add wifi calling on my unlocked OP7P since it wasnt an ATT phone. They were able to put wifi calling on Google Pixel 3 unlocked. I'm ready to pull out of ATT.

4. fondoo
    Froyo Aug 7, 2019

fondoo , Aug 7, 2019 :
    side note: i need VoWIFI / wifi calling because my office building is all metal and I'm in the server room all day and get zero cell signal. therefore, wifi calling is very important to me since I'm in the office 8-10hrs a day.

5. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    i have the unlocked international version and it works like a charm on WiFi calling for t mobile, it will work on any network that has WiFi calling feature. if its available the company will have all the programming built into the nano sim

fondoo likes this.
  6. Stealth777
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

Stealth777 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    I use TMobile and when I bought my OnePlus 5T , I just put in sim and all was good. I just got my OnePlus 7 Pro pulled out my sim and put in and all is good again. My lady took over my 5t and pulled her sim from iPhone / att and it worked perfect also no problems.

7. Marcstang04
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2019

Marcstang04 , Aug 8, 2019 :
    I use T-Mobile thru Google Fi and can't find how to enable VoWiFi on my OP 7 Pro, anyone else have it enabled?

8. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2019

9. Marcstang04
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2019

Marcstang04 , Aug 8, 2019 :
    Thanks for the tip! Downloaded the app, and apparently VoWiFi isn't supported on the OP 7 Pro thru Google Fi

10. Limeybastard
    Froyo Aug 8, 2019

Limeybastard , Aug 8, 2019 :
    Mine for some reason sticks to TMobile band 66 when band 12 and 2 are stronger at home. My previous devices didn't behave this way.