To all our fans trying to buy a OnePlus Nord.

1. Joe C.
    Member of digital team Staff Member Sep 9, 2020

Joe C. , Sep 9, 2020 :
    We built OnePlus Nord from the ground up to be pretty much everything you could ask for. But we know it’s pretty much impossible to buy at the moment. So, we wanted to take the time to explain what’s going on with OnePlus Nord’s availability, or lack thereof.

We know a lot of you wanted a more affordable OnePlus phone, but we had no idea Nord would be this popular. To put it simply – there are way more of you that want Nord than there are devices at the moment. We wish that wasn’t the case – we’re overwhelmed by the amount of you that are proud to use Nord as your smartphone of choice, and it’s our top priority to get more devices to those of you that want one.

Just know that we’re working our hardest to ensure the model you want is available as soon as possible. And don’t worry, when we have more OnePlus Nord availability updates, we’ll share them with you on our Instagram account.

In the meantime, make sure to hit the ‘notify me’ button on the Nord variant you want on the OnePlus Store – we’ll send you an email the moment it’s back in stock so you can place your order.

And if you’re in India, our next sale will be on September 14 at 2pm IST. Naturally, we’ll remind you the moment it’s back on sale on Instagram @oneplus.nord.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020

2. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 9, 2020

3. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2020

4. SRD.
    KitKat Sep 9, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 9, 2020 :
    Absolutely.
    Why not here ??? Is the Community dead ???
    I believe lots of people switched because of unavailability
    The same is the case with Gray & blue buds.

5. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 9, 2020

6. Cakepips

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Sep 9, 2020 :
    Yeah.... 🤔
    Could even do the community notification, like you did the the AMA for Hope the other day... 🤷🏻‍♀️

7. J4t1np4r3kh

J4t1np4r3kh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 9, 2020 :
    It seems this is the question everyone is asking. When will the gray buds be back in stock!

8. Batman360

9. shahnawaz24
    Donut Sep 9, 2020

shahnawaz24 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 9, 2020 :
    really disappointed with OnePlus Nord... this mobile failed to have some basic features like 1.call recording... call recording option is here, but not working.
    2.notifications for blocked calls...if I want to check who has called me among the blocked numbers this phone does not support this feature..
    3. this phone don't have IR feature that is infrared feature... IR function supports remote control like we control remote for AC, TV, setup box and other gadgets at home... this is one of the basic functions that every smartphone should have.
    4. power on off button does not supports .if I want to switch off I have to go from the settings find out switch off or reboot function then only I am able to either reboot or switch of my mobile.
    5. apps lock...if I want to only lock a particular app then also I have to go for the complete phone lock system.. that particular app cannot be locked without locking the entire phone..I believe this is one of the very basic features.

10. Sathiya Kumar , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Sep 9, 2020 :
    One Plus Nord will be a great successful smart phone and the minor bugs apart, the super cool and sleeky response and the smoother Oxygen OS made this phone more demand.

1. 90HZ Amoled Display
    2. 30T Warp Charger within the Box.
    3. 5G Ready
    4. Camera Quality
    5. Oxygen OS
    6. SD 765G Processor
    7. 8/12 GB RAM , 128/256GB ROM

What else needed inthis price range? Definitely we will get 2 years of OS update and 3 years of Security Patch Update. Happy to be a Nordian 😆😆

11. ecstaticumang
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2020

12. Rajnish_Dhull

Rajnish_Dhull , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Sep 9, 2020 :
    One tip for people who want to buy it-

Start refreshing the Amazon App 30 minutes prior to launch, because almost every time this phone was available 30 minutes prior to sale time.

I ordered mine on 5th at 11.30 PM.

13. diablo0090

zarrwahid and Rajnish_Dhull like this.
  14. DenizDz
    Eclair Sep 9, 2020

DenizDz , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 9, 2020 :
    First off, the Nord is an amazing phone, but it does have issues that need to be addressed. That's the only way it can be the Best phone among the completion and I'm here to try to help achieve just that.

Issues that need to be Fixed:
    • Access To display in Full screen Mode. Only one or few apps are shown to be in full screen mode. Apps like Netflix or Amazon prime or countless others are not being changed to full screen. It takes away from the Immersive experience.
    • Dark Mode Toggle Button. There is no option to Toggle on Dark mode In the Notification panel. It makes a big difference in convenience.
    • The Tint Effect. This is something I don't really notice so it's not a big deal.
    • PUBG at Ultra Frame Rate and/or HDR Graphics. Gaming is a big factor of the current generation especially during the time of Quarentine.
    • Messaging in floating bar. The ability to message in a floating bar is good but the way the keyboard is setup is uncomfortable. But that's not the most pressing problem. The problem is once I reply to someone in the floating bar, when I try to check the rest of the chats by pressing the back button, the entire apps goes into Full screen mode.
    •Gaming Mode. There should be Smart Sidebar available so that I can open up A chat or messages or any other app in floating window while gaming. It's something that's been in almost all phones, Xiaomi has the Game Turbo, Realme has the Smart Sidebar. and something similar should be integrated into the Gaming mode. It's a necessity for Gamers everywhere.

~ I kindly hope OnePlus finds this Threads and brings in the changes or required corrections. OnePlus has always been a company which focuses on the user experience and Making sure their phones are top of the line. I Hope, @OnePlus brings in these changes as soon as possible because these are not just my needs, but they are the needs or requirements of the Masses. Looking forward to how OnePlus responds.

15. DenizDz
    Eclair Sep 9, 2020

DenizDz , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 9, 2020 :
    As for the First three, I have no solutions. but for issue no.4
    If you press and hold the power button you can shut down or restart the phone without having to go into settings.
    Issue no.5. If locking apps are that important I would suggest that you go to settings and lock the app OR lock the app in the app drawer by hiding the app. On your app drawer simply swipe right to add apps into hidden mode where you can lock the app or go into settings and completely lock the app with AppLock

16. pratiknagar
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2020

pratiknagar , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 9, 2020 :
    please don't buy this model. specially business purposes. this model have not auto call recording. if you select recording option manual, it speaks "your call is recording" bull shit. I bought it and not impressed with this hand set. nothing I found extra ordinary in this except one plus brand. find some else phone don't go with this.

17. diablo0090

diablo0090 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 9, 2020 :
    For sure some positivity here finally. Getting tired of user's asking for auto blah blah blah and screen tints and numbnuts 🤣🤣

18. Sathiya Kumar , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Sep 9, 2020 :
    Valid point. But we shall have a third party dialer app which has auto recording option. Just my opinion.

DenizDz, Ramyachan, Aman351 and 3 others like this.
  19. Yash Pratap Singh.

Afnas123 likes this.
  20. palc001

palc001 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 9, 2020 :
    1. Why is call recording not working for you?
    2. It's Google's problem, not OnePlus's.
    3. As if you didn't know that this phone doesn't have IR blaster before you bought it. Have they advertised about IR blaster anywhere? No.
    4. You have the option.
    Settings > Buttons and Gestures > Press and hold the Power button
    It was presented as an option to chose while setting up the phone. It's your fault if you didn't pay attention or if you didn't try searching settings.
    5. Again there's an option.
    Settings > Utilities > App locker
    I agree app lock doesn't reenable once you unlock it till you lock your phone totally, but it makes sense. It becomes irritating to unlock the app each and everytime you want to use it esp when you switch an app and then come back to your locked app. It's frustrating.

There are a lot of reasons to criticize Nord. eg. Screen, Cameras, Price but the ones you noted here are not something you criticize the phone for.