To Current Owners of OnePlus...What are some of the steps you took when you received the phone?

1. Nestor Sullivan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2014

2. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2014

netr0pa , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Im gonna be honest with you about this question :)

I actually updated to 38R but I was not really happy with that because (you know already) the calibration and therefore I flashed in 25R again and I was already happy with 25R because it was so stable as it could be - no complains at all.

The 38R has some new features which were pretty nice, like the new look for the lock screen and different profiles like battery saving profiles and stuff but the 25R still had better battery life - no doubt about this.

And if you get problems with 38R, like bugs and stuff then you should make a clean installation once again but to be honest: I have NEVER heard anyone complaining about the bugs on 25R - because bugs didn't exist on 25R. The only thing I heard about 25R was the security issue but if you don't download tacky apps or visit some wierdo websites, there is no risk of getting anything in your phone.

Regarding custom kernels like Franco, etc, I dont have that much experience of that but if I wanted to experiment with my phone, I would probaly go for Mahdi ROM.

I have heard many nice stories about Mahdi because it gives you both amazing battery life and endless customizations. I think if I get bored of 25R one day, I would go for Mahdi and see how it works. I'm already rooted and bootloader is already unlocked so there is nothing that can stop me anymore.

But Im just so satisfied with 25R at the moment and therefore, I don't have the desire to look at other ROMs right now. Why upgrade anything if it's stable and works perfectly? I even flashed in the camera app from 38R (which gives me .RAW pics) and it works perfectly so I have no reason to update anymore :)

3. farangutan
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

farangutan , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Unlocked bootloader and left everything else untouched. Bought screen protector and case . that was first steps

4. signa
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2014

signa , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Again, I'm impressed with the details, and honest feedback. Thank you so much!
    I think I'm already contented with the lockscreen look. Function is more important to me hence, I choose the longer battery life. :D :D :D

netr0pa likes this.
  5. Sillysaur
    Froyo Nov 2, 2014

Sillysaur , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Well, 38R works just fine for me, screen calibration is not needed by me, since you get used to your color scheme, but if you really want to invert the colors of everything, then yeah stay on 25R. 38R also includes the RAW-format for photos, but you need a separate app to view it in either way, but most importantly, FLAC is supported! that means higher quality music from your phone! And yeah, depends on what you use your phone with. My battery lasts longer on 38R than 25R, and that is also one of the big reasons I'm staying with the newest update. And if another update comes along, I'm only one step away! xD

signa likes this.
  6. Boricua
    Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2014

7. Never Subtle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2014

putimach likes this.
  8. tijs190
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2014

9. Adugr8
    Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2014

Adugr8 , Nov 2, 2014 :
    1. Open box.
    2. Turn it on
    3. Sign in to google account.
    4. Enjoy.

10. Jarin
    Eclair Nov 2, 2014

Jarin , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Get it out of the package, turn it on, do the settings, do other settings, download apps, play with my phone.

11. cd7dayz
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2014

cd7dayz , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Had to download a big update that took quite a while but other than that it was just a matter of downloading my previous apps. Fairly straight forward

putimach likes this.
  12. signa
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2014

signa , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Thanks! I recently saw 2 threads that sport their edited raw images and i must say i really want that too. :D there's a lot of nice scenery where i am now, and it will be a waste to leave those shots untaken. Still there are enough negative feedback on 38r that is holding me back from updating. Ah, this is heartbreaking. I think i'l first have to do an extensive research on how to go back to 25r seamlessly in case 38r proved to be shitty in my case. This is the first time i read about FLAC. Thanks again for the info. I'l read more about it as well. It seems i am missing a lot already :D

13. russf
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

russf , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I
    Got the 38r ota as soon as I connected WiFi. Then I followed the steps above, followed by a hard reset as recommended somewhere that I can no longer find.
    Then went into paralysis by analysis for a day or so trying to consider the endless possibilities from there!
    Settled on nova launcher and a busy home screen, then had fun from there!

14. CreatorZ
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2014

putimach likes this.
  15. putimach
    Eclair Nov 5, 2014