To OnePlus 2 Software engineers you need to hear this

1. mido25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

2. hamdir
    Froyo Nov 25, 2015

hamdir , Nov 25, 2015 :
    new tip: ignore what google is telling you and use high accuracy or GPS only mode for location, greatly improves standby times

3. Flyfishing19
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2015

4. hamdir
    Froyo Nov 26, 2015

hamdir , Nov 26, 2015 :
    its really a gorgeous phone just be ready to install Boeflla kernel on it as the device is 10 times better once unleashed using that kernel, latest version of this kernel will include thermal profiles for gaming (you wont believe how good gaming becomes with the exact same thermals) or battery saving

as for AK, its not my cup, i dont like extreme unrestrained kernels like that, Boeffla leaves everything on stock for you and can tweak it gently form there

really if OnePlus didnt cheapen on the audio (in and out) and quick charging it could have achieved device of the year, shame

i will post a small guide on this thread once the latest Boeffla is out

edit: it's out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64019300&postcount=1049

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

5. mido25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2015

mido25 , Nov 26, 2015 :
    Just flashed boeffla and saw the thermal profiles. Looking forward for your guides that describes about the tweaking.. Would be great if it covers all type of users. One who loves gaming, one who loves to see more juice on phone for his day, balanced profile etc. I hope you will consider my request.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

6. mido25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2015

mido25 , Nov 26, 2015 :
    Here's my review after trying all the thermal profiles:
    These are the settings I have used in entire test. only difference is in thermal profiles.
    Governors both interactive
    GPU - msm-adreno-tz
    CPU (A53) hotplug profile 4,4
    A57 hotplug profile 2,4
    I played Fifa 16 as it is the most powerful game I have on my phone. Whenever phone gets heated this game used to give crackling audio and freeze after sometime
    Test -1 with Thermal- Relaxed Profile
    Within 3:20 secs of playing, crackling audio came. After 5 minutes game started freezing and in 7 minutes game became completely unplayable.

Test-2 with Thermal - Stock
    After 10 minutes of playing started audio crackling sound but I could play for 25 minutes w/0 any lags

Test-3 with Thermal- Gaming

After putting this I got a crackling audio in 20 minutes and I forgot to monitor stop watch as the game was butter smooth. Crackling audio issue vanished in a second and I stopped playing after 45 mins when my fingers get warm. :D

What Hamdir said about 10x performance is not overwhelming. It did increase the performance as Fifa 16 was unplayable in stock kernel.

My sincere thanks to Lord @Boeffla for answering our prayers.

If you have such huge CPU eating games in your phone I'd suggest you to post a similar review..

7. Rad1
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2015

Rad1 , Nov 26, 2015 :

All that power to help slow buggy software run fast.

8. mwayner
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2015

mwayner , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Well, it is what it is; every little bit helps. :)

9. NeilNand
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2015

10. hamdir
    Froyo Nov 27, 2015

hamdir , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Yes we spent a week tweaking the gaming profile, so much that's its actually both smoother and cooler than stock config!

It actually cools itself while you are playing by controlled clock drops and lowering the screen brightness, it picks up speed again the more you play

Comparing this to stock profile it's like another phone, its the effort sof i9100g user and I helped him refine it, I would really recommend it to be the all time profile as its cooler and faster than stock but no one would have believed it so why the headache, lets just call it gaming profile :)

mido25 and samuelcamoes like this.
  11. albertocastillo2001
    Eclair Nov 27, 2015

albertocastillo2001 , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Would it be possible to agree to include this kernel as official on the stock ROMs with the OnePlus team?

I think you guys did it great

12. samuelcamoes
    Froyo Nov 27, 2015

samuelcamoes , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Confirm the results with those similar settings I got this performance:
    Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-26-34.png

13. Cuerex
    KitKat Nov 27, 2015

Cuerex , Nov 27, 2015 :
    i found the screen to be extremely neutral to be honest. it is better than my 330€ IPS Monitor at home.

14. mido25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 28, 2015

mido25 , Nov 28, 2015 :
    It worked like charm buddy.. I used the profile for a day and I do not find any issues. Game didn't lag even when the CPU temp hits 50 degree. And yes reducing display helps a lot.. I read all your posts in comments thread and it was amazing work you both did there.. So you said you can now compare the performance of OP2 with your M9 as it just got improved... Am I right?

15. albertocastillo2001
    Eclair Nov 28, 2015

albertocastillo2001 , Nov 28, 2015 :
    Does the laser focus and the fingerprint sensor work with this kernel?. As far as I know OP didn't release the source for that

16. sayso
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2015

sayso , Nov 28, 2015 :
    I run mine as an octacore via the Boeffla kernel, I also downclock the gpu, has pretty much sorted all the problems out I had.
    Once we get voltage control it will be Interesting to see how much it can be lowered and still get performance.
    I have said since I got the phone that a decent kernel and ROM would make this phone a complete bargain and a flagship killer like the opo.

17. hamdir
    Froyo Nov 30, 2015

hamdir , Nov 30, 2015 :
    yes they do as they do on stock, it has nothing to do with kernel, the kernel is almost stock made for Oxygen OS

18. hamdir
    Froyo Nov 30, 2015

hamdir , Nov 30, 2015 :
    true and false, while the kernel "Changes everything" once installed, we still have a big problem on the OP2, audio is simply terrible

the mono speaker is loud but the quality is average and half the time you cover it with your hand, the microphone quality is just terrible and even the earphones suffer from low frequency noise

compared to the M9 audio overall its a joke

19. kostomorof
    Eclair Nov 30, 2015

20. senegalas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2015