To Oneplus team - How to improve camera app. via OnePlus 8T

1. Mongolicious
    Eclair Dec 29, 2020

Mongolicious , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Dear Oneplus!

I've owned OP5 since launch and now I have upgraded to a OP8T. I am very hapy with both phones except for the camera app. Been reading a lot of post about the cameras and think I have found a solution to your camera problems. Make a default camera calibration and let users be able to calibrate post processing with things like sharpness, saturation, contrast/hdr, denoising etc. Tbh I rather have a little grainy photo with less saturation and less contrast, I can work it out in a image editor. Your postprocessing setting make me lose a lot of detail and color information.

The ability to calibrate the post processing settings in wide camera and main camera would probably make everyone more happy with the photos from your devices.

Cheers

sbc355 likes this.
  2. Xcommunicad0
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Best Answer

Mongolicious likes this.
  3. fonefreek
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

fonefreek , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Please do this. The camera is terrible compared to my old OnePlus 7 Pro.

The photos are overly processed and soft. My banking app cannot even use the camera because it won't focus properly.

The only reason I switched from the 7 Pro is because of that terrible curved screen.

Mongolicious likes this.
  4. psygarden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2021

5. SunilDShet
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

6. Mongolicious
    Eclair Jan 16, 2021

Mongolicious , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 16, 2021 :
    When you want to take a picture of your child or a pet you usually don't have enough time to shoot in pro mode. I want a automode that doesn't ruin the photos for quick shooting. And i don't want to have to use the buggy gcam mod. I paid a lot of money for the 8T and the photos are worse than on OP5.

sanjaymishra22 likes this.
  7. Mongolicious
    Eclair Jan 16, 2021

Xcommunicad0 likes this.
  8. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2021

9. psygarden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 17, 2021

psygarden , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 17, 2021 :
    I agree with you.
    I find the Camera to be decent enough. The earlier updates had some White Balance issues for me but now I think it's greatly improved.

10. Mongolicious
    Eclair Jan 17, 2021