Tomorrow nailed down: What should be the next product category for OnePlus?

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 22, 2021

Cheetosdust , Apr 22, 2021 :
    1589658-866602a138b4c25980413c070fc61276.png

Easy is to expect, to crave something technological. Harder is to infuse the longing for a new product with the motto of a whole company. More often than not, the challenge is to be reasonable and fight the whim.

OnePlus started with a single smartphone split in two memory configurations, the OnePlus One - a device that for many still portrays the epitome of nostalgia and the beginning of a journey.

That phone was announced almost seven years ago. The birth of OnePlus was so targeted that wins and losses were easily spotted. The company's growth naturally meant broadened horizons. At the time this thread is published, it has its foot in:
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories (Wireless Chargers, Power Banks, etc)
    • Audio
    • Wearables
    • Gear
    • Televisions (India)
    Place your mind in the sink or swim headspace: what is, for you, the next segment OnePlus should tackle? For years, we have been reading threads about laptops and tablets, about smart-everything from customers who want the company to rethink all-things with a power button.

Looking in and around the house, there’s a product I would like to suggest: a speaker with three major points: a design that fades into the background, stellar quality, and deep, smart integration with the smartphones, handling the sound from the mobile devices (smartphones and earbuds) to the homebound product.

Imagine personalized commands like alarms and smart detection: to play music or the news when the OnePlus Watch realizes you are awake. To lower the sound when it detects you are falling asleep. As of today, OnePlus has enough pieces in their ecosystem for them to deliver a high quality, affordable, smart speaker; a distinguishable centerpiece shortening bridges between devices.

Now tell me, have you ever imagined a new OnePlus product category to make your life easier? A vacuum or a scale? A OnePlus Fridge or OnePlusTags, taking a page from Apple’s book? Perhaps a OnePlus SmartMug to keep your favorite beverage at the ideal temperature?

Place your mind in the sink or swim headspace: what is, for you, the next segment OnePlus should tackle?

youbi, Myragubben, tshrds and 77 others like this.
  2. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 22, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I just wish a Tablet ( iPad killer ), a speaker ( Premium one) & a true smartwatch. oneplus tags should be a bonus for sure.

3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

4. script
    Moderator Moderator Apr 22, 2021

script , Apr 22, 2021 :
    A bicycle. Thats good for health, and the environment. You need no batteries for it, hence no earth damage is done in mines.

5. AYYAPUSETTY JEEVAN KUMAR
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

6. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Apr 22, 2021

Mr. BG, jkeyner, Immi007 and 9 others like this.
  7. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I don't think laptop zone will be a nice market since there are many leading brands in laptop zone based on performance, gaming,Work based,base Variants ! Brands like Asus,Hp, Apple,Dell,Acer, have become synonymous to name laptops ! There are already laptop as per an individuals need! OnePlus shouldn't focus on laptop market right now I think! It would be cool if OnePlus launches some ipad level Tablet with stylus ! Since tablet Market isn't going to die since apple & Samsung is adding some stuff to tablet each year and users need more options in tablet area!
    And for wearables OnePlus is already going in that way and I hope soon they will match Apple watch level precision and fluidity! And some medical level precision of sensor like HRM,SpO2,Blood pressure monitoring which can help an individual monitor health in real life in upcoming OnePlus watch would be cool! a Device that can save lives!

8. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2021

9. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 22, 2021

10. malidan
    Nougat Apr 22, 2021

malidan , Apr 22, 2021 :
    One should master one's existing portfolio before adding more mediocrity. The N10 & 100 being perfect examples

11. NoviceAide
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

12. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2021

Liehjan , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Over ear headphones to compete with Sony 1000xm4's... Or an actual smart watch:rolleyes:

13. vnithinj
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

14. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2021

15. kira_1996
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh and Gor.V like this.
  16. manojgudi
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

17. Zackboring , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 22, 2021 :
    So I think you guys should do something simple BUT essential, OLED screen's. See you usually see them used for phones and TV's, but what if you guys expand the normal use of OLED? A good example is something I've been looking in and is Table Top gaming for the game/battle mat. See a battle/game mat is a vinal matt that has a grid of squares, and usually you have to draw out the terrain by hand with a marker. SO with the OLED, you can replace the drawing and actually pull up any photo or video from a separate device and it takes the drawing out of the equation.
    Now if you're able to use something as thin, flexible, and portable as OLED; then why not just replace paper or even revolutionize Tablet technology?

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  18. iTarifP6
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  19. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Great minds think alike :cool:

20. ayemei
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2021