[Tool] JOxygenOS Installer - Flawlessly clean install OxygenOS & COS12

1. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2015

Jamesst20 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    CMOS12 ( aka CM12S) : Use this custom zip only ! It will install CM12S flawlessly even if the tool is designed for OxygenOS. It can be installed on top of CM11S, CM11, CM12, CM12S, OxygenOS without any risk of brick ! You can revert to OxygenOS using this tool too. http://tinyurl.com/psjszrt (Updated YNG1TAS17L April 25, 2015. Yes OTA works.)

Currently support : Windows and Mac OS X (tested on Yosemite)

Hi,

After seeing a lot of people running into issues by installing OxygenOS, I took the decision to create this brand new tool. I find this crazy to see OnePlus One team asking their users to install a whole new operating system through Fastboot & Custom Recovery without providing any tool. I think they really messed up this time. Hopefully I will save life of few people :)

A big advantage to any other current toolkit is that this tool is very very user friendly and only does one thing. Also, it is able to detect if whether the device is connected or not, and in what mode.

[​IMG]

Features :
    • Install OxygenOS
    • Install CMOS12
    • Wipe data automatically
    • Detect if bootloader is locked and temporary unlock it if that is the case
    • Reset tamper bit flag
    • Properly detects the device to avoid errors
    • Can install other ROMs. Need to run the tool twice. 2nd time is for GApps.
    Requirements :
    • OnePlus One phone.
    • OnePlus One drivers properly installed.
    • That's it. Doesn't require root, doesn't require unlocked bootloader.

How to use :
    1. Check your drivers (see troubleshooting guide)
    2. Download the tool and OxygenOS at http://oneplus.net/oxygenos or CM12S at http://tinyurl.com/qch4ql4
    3. Extract the zip of the tool and the OxygenOS zip (to get the flashable zip inside)
    4. Connect your phone in Normal (with USB Debugging Enabled) or Fastboot mode.
    5. If the tool isn't reconizing your phone, see Troubleshooting.
    6. Drag & Drop OxygenOS flashable zip.
    7. Happy time.
    Troubleshooting :

- [Windows only] I can't open the tool. Says a DLL is missing such as MSVCR120.dll
    - [Windows only] The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Install the 32 bits version of this : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

- [Windows only] Phone is not reconized or appear as "Disconnected" when it is connected.
    - [Windows only] Tool is stuck at "Booting TWRP".
    - [Windows only] My phone is in sideloading mode and the tool doesn't reconize it.
    - [Windows only] Everything seems to have went fine but OxygenOS wasn't installed after reboot.

In ALL cases it means the drivers are not properly installed. Easiest and best way to install drivers is to follow those simple steps :
    1. Disconnect your phone
    2. Download drivers : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934552643
    3. Extract zip
    4. run Install.cmd
    5. Connect your phone and you're ready !
    6. If you're still suck afterwards on "Booting TWRP", in TWRP go to Mount --> Disable MTP.
    - Tool says booting TWRP and phone stays in Fastboot mode and appear disconnected.
    The tool didn't fail, it is actually the device itself that randomly fails to boot external images. Close the tool, disconnect your phone, put it back in Fastboot mode (reboot) and reopen the tool and try again.

Click here to download Windows version (Please install drivers first (see above)) (v1.2)

Click here to download Mac OS version (Yosemite tested) (v1.2) (No drivers required)

Don't forget to leave feedback !

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

aleep, pikota, Kashmir222 and 300 others like this.
  2. orestis
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2015

3. imrank128
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

imrank128 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Thanks for making this. I don't have any experience with flashing ROMs on android devices so the process of putting oxygen OS on my phone has been confusing. One questions I still have is the following:

How do I make sure all my contacts, apps, system settings, music, random files on my phone that I've downloaded over time, pictures, videos, carry over to the OS upgrade? What exactly is wiped when you flash oxygen OS? What is a simple and straightforward way to back up my files and migrate them to the new OS once its installed?

4. Rahul
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2015

Rahul , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Make sure you test it thoroughly before making it available to public. A typo or couple in script can harm device.. Hope you've taken care of the same :)

PRK.R, macem29, imanc18 and 4 others like this.
  5. zorolfo
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

zorolfo , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Does it work on Macintosh OS? Great job on creating this tool BTW. I'm sure many people I'll find this extremely useful!

6. shivamshah1733
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

7. firewire2035
    KitKat Apr 5, 2015

firewire2035 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    thanks. does this relock the bootloader? i'd rather the tool leaves the tamper bit alone, period.

8. makkasu
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

makkasu , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Save contacts to gmail or exchange, then just back it up from there. Use cloud services like onedrive, google drive, dropbox etc. To backup photos and other files

pbergonzi likes this.
  9. varunesh4u
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

varunesh4u , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Nice update

10. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2015

No Dangerous steps are being taken by this tool no worry about hard bricking :)

Sorry to both of you, it's currently not supported by Mac OS X right now. I might consider later creating a VM for working on it as it is build in C++/Qt which is Cross Platform.

Yes it does. It also resets the tamper bit so the devices doesn't appear to have been ever unlocked.

sarkawt909 and Rahul like this.
  11. mrrains451
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

mrrains451 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Yea I could have used this an hour ago.
    i done f:eek: up. I forgot to unzip the file to get the flash-able file. I had no backup and I wiped data. I had no OS. I had to fastboot and push the file over.
    [​IMG]

12. maxm
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

maxm , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Thanks for this tool. I'll give it a try. Opo team should be grateful for a community like this.

l0pher, tovyy, raaomoka and 4 others like this.
  13. Lovo
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

Lovo , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Thanks for this tool. If I will change to oxygen some day, I will use this tool :)

Jamesst20 likes this.
  14. dualcorebrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

15. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2015

Seems to have as much features as CM12 & CM11 to me :p

16. dualcorebrain

dualcorebrain , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Frank Underwood uses this phone?

17. dualcorebrain

dualcorebrain , Apr 5, 2015 :
    It's plain stock android. Exodus and cm12 have customisable features but this has little to none

Pase and CountryBoyCRO like this.
  18. zaheerj12
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

ayy1892 and Jamesst20 like this.
  19. ashjafm92
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

ashjafm92 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Thanks man, this might be very useful! I'll wait CM and do OxygenOS if CM has bugs or is slow. I prefer a clean rom!

Guys use G Cloud Backup (it's very useful for this purpose)

larrylip likes this.
  20. naman05
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

naman05 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Can some people confirm if the tool is working.... Soo that we are sure it works on a variety of devices.....

laurenzo87 and deckwithmatter like this.