[Tool] JOxygenOS Installer - Flawlessly clean install OxygenOS & COS12

1. chipples
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2015

chipples , Apr 8, 2015 :
    This seems like a good tool. However, this is probably going to be controversial, but I personally think people should flash their phones manually. The flashing process is really not very complicated, and it helps you learn about what is actually going on with your phone, which makes it easier to fix any issues you may run into. If you don't have enough technical understanding to flash your phone manually, you probably shouldn't be messing with custom ROMS. I believe the OPO devs have expressed a similar opinion to this as well.

I also think it is a little bit dangerous to say "Probably can install other ROMs aswell" if you haven't actually tested this.

2. Tuftex
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

Tuftex , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Wow thanks for this! Worked flawlessly first time, no problems!

Using windows 8.1 64-bit

Jamesst20 likes this.
  3. sam_muniz83
    Froyo Apr 8, 2015

sam_muniz83 , Apr 8, 2015 :
    OK. I think my big problem has been installing the PdaNet drivers. whenever I run the installation tool for PdaNet, this is what happens:

1. License Agreement - I accept, click Next
    2. Tells me PdaNet minimum system requirements - I click Next
    3. Dialogue box pops up: "Process adb.exe is detected. This process is installed by other software to communicate with your Android phone through USB connection. It may cause a conflict with PdaNet. Do you want to terminate this adb.exe process to prevent potential problem?

I click Yes

4. New dialogue box pops up: "Fail to terminate adb process. Select OK to continue anyway.

I click OK

5. New dialogue box pops up: "An existing Android USB driver is found on your computer. You can reinstall it if it has problems. Please select Yes to reinstall or No to keep the driver.

Whether I click "Yes" or "No", it still gives me the same issue. While installing, the tool gets stuck on "Updating PdaNet on your phone". I've had it connected for up to 20 minutes with nothing happening. I end up having to disconnect the phone.

4. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

Jamesst20 , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Hi,

Please close JOxygenOS Installer before running PDANet installer. This way it's going to close adb process.

5. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

Hi,

Please make sure your drivers are correctly installed. I feel like Fastboot didn't format Userdata and Cache properly and this is caused by the drivers. Otherwise if you want an easier alternative than taking 5 minutes to read the instructions on first post to install drivers, just use the tool under Mac OS

6. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

You can drop CM12 in the installer. However, since it is not officially supported by my tool, it won't prompt you to install gapps. What you can do is run the tool a second time and drop gapps

7. sam_muniz83
    Froyo Apr 8, 2015

sam_muniz83 , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I did that, but I think something else is running adb.exe in my computer but I can't figure out what it is.

8. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

You could try rebooting your computer

9. sathish1_it
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

sathish1_it , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Got stuck in TWRP. I have installed the drivers even PDAnet says device is connected. but tool is still in Booting TWRP. Any thing i have to do

10. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2015

sergioreja , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Nice!

11. zielu
    Froyo Apr 8, 2015

zielu , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Works great, thank you for creating this !
    I could flash manually but as a programmer I'm lazy ;)

Jamesst20 likes this.
  12. sathish1_it
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

can anyone please help me it is still in booting TWRP . Any thing i have to do.
    I have rebooted the machine and while installing the drivers tool get stuck on "Updating PdaNet on your phone".

13. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

If you got this screen, you can uninstall PDANet as the drivers are installed now.

[​IMG]

14. kennyranking
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

15. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

16. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

The worst is that it is written in the Troubleshooting guide on first post and the answer is right before your post.

17. paleswar
    Donut Apr 8, 2015

Jamesst20 likes this.
  18. KDurantula
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

KDurantula , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Hey, I just used your tool to install OxygenOS, process was smooth and quick. Thank you for this.

Jamesst20 likes this.
  19. sathish1_it
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

yes i got this screen and i have uninstalled.
    then i wipe my device in TWRP booted in to bootloader then open the tool and Drag and drop the file. but after then again it is getting stuck on TWRP.

20. SalineCircle
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

SalineCircle , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I am running the install per the OPO team instructions. So far the phone will not run the .zip from recovery because it is not signed. I love the part where we are told to "go to install". I'll try this tool if the adb sideload fails. Thanks.