[Tool] JOxygenOS Installer - Flawlessly clean install OxygenOS & COS12

1. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

Jamesst20 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    It is :)

Hi,

make sure you did install drivers (Troubleshooting guide on first post) and reboot your phone in fastboot mode :

1. Disconnect phone (important)
    2. Hold Power 10 sec
    3. Hold Volume UP (first) + Power for about 5 seconds
    4. Device should display fastboot mode.
    5. Try the tool again

ReRunRod likes this.
  2. soriful
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

soriful , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Ya Exodus is doing great

3. Dewen
    Eclair Apr 9, 2015

Dewen , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Actually i figured it out now ,Thank You . I will definitely leave my feedback after installation .This will make people more confident about using the tool . :p :)

Jamesst20 likes this.
  4. ReRunRod
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

Jamesst20 likes this.
  5. matrixmarz
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2015

6. OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

OBiW4NSHiNOBi , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Hi,

I'm struggling to get this to work on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.2).

First time I tried it, it seemed to work without a hitch & in no time at all it had rebooted but presented me with a fresh install of CM!?

Second time I tried it, I seemed to get stuck in a loop with the TWRP appearing at every boot.

Now, it reboots into TWRP and prompts me to do the "side load". When I do the final "swipe to side load" all appears to be ok for a few seconds but then the bar at the bottom stops animating, the time & battery percentage / CPU temp stop updating and nothing happens.

On the phone screen I'm just left with;

ADB Sideload
    Usage: adb sideload filename.zip

E:Mount: Unable to find partition for path '/sdcard'
    E:UnMount: Unable to find partition for path '/sdcard'
    E:Mount: Unable to find partition for path '/sdcard'

Updating partition details...
    ...done
    MTP Enabled
    Starting ADB sideload feature...
    Installing '/sideload/package.zip'

On my Mac, the JOxygenOSInstaller v1.2 window shows;

"Failed to sideload OxygenOS. Please reboot your phone in fast boot mode and restart the tool. If it still fails, please check your drivers."

So, if it's a driver issue, where do I need to put the relevant files on a Mac?

Thanks

7. daenex
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2015

8. deckwithmatter
    Donut Apr 9, 2015

9. @chri_al
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

Jamesst20 likes this.
  10. nikhilmohan23
    Donut Apr 9, 2015

nikhilmohan23 , Apr 9, 2015 :

Thanks for the tool. Just installed oxygen os.

Just wanted to know if I can flash exodus ROM also with the same application?

Jamesst20 likes this.
  11. kanoubi
    Donut Apr 9, 2015

Jamesst20 likes this.
  12. dywacas
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2015

dywacas , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Hi, could actually use some help here. I already know your answer, since i've read all thread, but didnt find my answer. So it stucks on Bootint TWRP (it boots on phone but the tool gets stuck). Yes i've tried reinstalling the drivers like 10 times. also tried every single solution that was suggested. still same. Could you either be more specific on how actually most of us on Win are not able to install the drivers? because since you're saying that is the issue, that probably means we're too noobish to simply press install

13. OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

OBiW4NSHiNOBi , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Hi,

I'm on Mac, rather than PC but I've been stuck with everything pointing to driver issues HOWEVER, I seem to have just resolved my own issue by swapping the USB lead for a different one.

Make sure you're using a decent quality USB lead, and that it's connected directly into your PC and not powered USB hub or anything. I was using a generic Amazon £2 USB lead, but as soon as I switched it for my Xbox One charging lead it worked immediately.

Hope this helps someone.

Ps. It's a beautiful looking update once you get there.

Good luck to anyone else having issues.

Jamesst20 likes this.
  14. dywacas
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2015

dywacas , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Using an original one plus cable so that cant be the issue here

15. tony1208
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2015

16. dywacas
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2015

dywacas , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Just a heads up, managed to install it on gf's PC, running win7. Automatically updated drivers, so problem solved itself. F you win 8.1 -_-

Jamesst20 likes this.
  17. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Apr 9, 2015

Jamesst20 likes this.
  18. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

Thanks for your huge feedback! I couldn't find any reason why it would fail on Mac OS since the drivers are properly installed by default.

Thanks for the hints on the cable, I will know what to answer next time ! :)

19. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

As long as it is a flashable zip, yes. Just keep in mind that if you need to install gapps aswell, you will need to repeat the process but with the gapps zip

20. joeleodabomb
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

joeleodabomb , Apr 9, 2015 :
    This is an awesome tool!! Thanks a bunch! Yes, I did have issues, but I got help from James right away. I would definitely recommend it.

Jamesst20 likes this.