When your phone is in TWRP, try going to Mount --> Disable MTP

2. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

TeamValor91 likes this.
  3. thomasskovlund
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

thomasskovlund , Apr 25, 2015 :
    @Jamesst20

So, after around a week I got tired of OxygenOS (which installed perfectly using your tool) and wanted to install CM12S instead. I downloaded the OS zip-file using your link, connected my phone in fastboot mode, dragged and dropped the flashable zip-file and followed on-screen instructions. I started sideloading mode and when it had finished, I didn't reboot, I pressed return and started sideloading once more. Then, the phone restarted, but got stuck on the 1+ boot screen.

I have tried it several times now, and I have even entered recovery mode and manually wiped before trying once again. Every time it gets stuck on the boot screen. I'm using a Mac with Mavericks.

Please help me - I'm stuck.

Jamesst20 likes this.
  4. landbergje
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

5. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

Jamesst20 , Apr 25, 2015 :
    What mode ?

Hmm that's weird indeed. It does succeed to install ? Let me try the updated zip I have provided and I will report back in few minutes

Edit : Tool is sideloading, please wait

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

6. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

Mine is stuck too. Use this in the mean time, I will try to figure out why https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934554873

Edit 2 : It's the system.img. I should have unpacked it to ext4 but I just took the original fastboot image instead and it makes it not mountable. Wait for a few minutes I am uploading a new version of the latest zip

thomasskovlund likes this.
  7. manic
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

manic , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Hi Jamesst20

My opo is running CM11 not CM11S. Is it possible to flash to CM12S from CM11 with your tool?

Thanks

8. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

Yes but please, wait about 30 minutes. I am reuploading a new version of the CM12OS zip I have provided because it seems to be broken

Edit : CM12OS : http://tinyurl.com/nq2n7sy

9. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

I am very sorry again. Download the brand new CM12OS zip and everything will be fine. Thanks for letting me know all the informations you gave me

thomasskovlund likes this.
  10. jackwins
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

jackwins , Apr 25, 2015 :
    @Jamesst20 Can I use your tool to flash to Exodus? This updated version of CM12OS is buggy and the battery life of OxygenOS is terrible. I really want to try Exodus.

11. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

It would work but it is not really built for it. You would need to run the tool twice. 1. Drag & drop ROM, 2. Drag & drop Gapps

jackwins likes this.
  12. mistas
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

mistas , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Just got my OPO yesterday, installed Oxygen before I did anything else. Everything went without a hitch. Last week I updated my Galaxy S5 to Lollipop, and had battery drain issues immediately. I found an app called Gservicefix. Don't know what it does, but it has worked for me. Galaxy is back to KK battery life. I installed it for Oxygen as well. So far so good. Screen eats up vast majority of battery life %, not android services.

I like Oxygen. Simple and effective. I use ADW for tinkering, works perfect on lollipop.

13. jackwins
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

jackwins , Apr 25, 2015 :
    @Jamesst20 Im going to try it tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

Jamesst20 likes this.
  14. joeleodabomb
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2015

joeleodabomb , Apr 25, 2015 :
    The tool worked well for installing Oxygen OS, but because of the issues with Google Play Services draining my battery, I decided I would try to install CyanogenMod 12S to use privacy guard to solve the problem. I tried using the tool multiple times to install, but every time I get stuck at the boot screen. I am using the latest version of the installer, I used the right CM 12S zip and all of my drivers are installed. Anyone suggestions on how to get this to work?

15. ALexWyDee
    Froyo Apr 25, 2015

ALexWyDee , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Can someone make a video using this tool.... id find that way easier to follow

16. esantiago098
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

esantiago098 , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Dude, how do I update to the new update (hahah duh) I used your tool and custom COS12 to upgrade from 11S, then I unlocked the bootloader and installed custom recovery with TWRP, theeen I downloaded and installed SuperSU from TWRP.

Now when I hit upgrade it goes into TWRP and goes to the changelog, but it goes way too fast that I can't see the error it gets, do you know how to fix this mate?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

larrylip likes this.
  17. esantiago098
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

It's already way to easy, don't be afraid just follow the steps and the tool will help you through it, it's very user friendly and it guides you step by step

Jamesst20 likes this.
  18. esantiago098
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

Check out @gnarlytuga method, I was in the same spot, you have to disable MTP from TWRP to move through the boot screen.

@gnarlytuga:
    "Hey everyone

I'm on a Windows 8 Machine and everything was going well until the installer stopped on this step:
    View attachment 293356

Even though TWRP was working fine. Followed all the steps, installed everything again a few times. Then I started to screw around with recovery and found the reason why this wasn't working for me :). For some reason MTP(Media Device Connection) mode was enabled in the mount menu. After disabling this option the tool recognized my phone and continued the process.

Got to the last step and the message was that Oxygen OS installed. I rebooted the phone and...... CM11s again. I'm on windows 8 and tried again on windows 7 again and still with CM11S. After a bit a troubleshooting I found out that ADB sideload isn't working for some reason.

Tried this with CM12 file that you you provided and this worked flawlessy and quickly. Now I'm going to use CM12, but I'll try again in the future with Oxygen OS when I have more time.

Great tool and Thanks!"

Jamesst20 likes this.
  19. Esenbek
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2015

20. teckboy30
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2015