[Tool] JOxygenOS Installer - Flawlessly clean install OxygenOS & COS12

1. malidan
    Nougat Apr 6, 2015

malidan , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Good job bro, make sure they pay you.

sirius90black, keithnyc and Jamesst20 like this.
  2. kbabs17
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

kbabs17 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Very cool man. For people who have little to no experience flashing roms, I'm sure you saved many people from a lot of headaches. Nice work.

keithnyc and Jamesst20 like this.
  3. traxtopel
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

traxtopel , Apr 6, 2015 :
    If someone wants to port it to mac/linux easier to know the sequence of events that are included in JOxygenInstaller.exe.

keithnyc likes this.
  4. a_agarwal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

a_agarwal , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Thank you!

keithnyc and Jamesst20 like this.
  5. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

Jamesst20 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Thanks for your big feedback.

You are right it is 'Advanced', it is now corrected in the Source Code, thanks you.

I will try to make the TWRP booting more accurate even though it never fails on my side. Maybe you hard rebooted too fast when the Bootloader got unlocked so it actually didn't unlock it? I will add a check for that. Another factor is maybe the drivers were installing when the tool tried to communicate with the device.

keithnyc likes this.
  6. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

Jamesst20 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    It doesn't need to be ported actually. It just need proper Fastboot/adb files and being recompiled under Mac OS X since it is built in C++ which is Cross Platform

7. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

holger67 and keithnyc like this.
  8. Deadclysm
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

9. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

10. tpinho
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

tpinho , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Thank you very much for this tool! It installed Oxygen OS without any bumps!

I will leave here the steps i made and that worked perfectly for me.

- Make sure you have Developer Options enabled (About phone -> Build Number -> Tap 7 times)

- Activate advanced Reboot Options (Developer Options -> Check the Advanced Reboot box)

- Activate Android Debuging (Developer Options -> Check Android Debuging box)

- Make sure your phone is recognized properly by your computer wit the Android Debuging enabled, if not, download the drivers that are on the first page of this topic, under troubleshooting.

- If everything is good, unplug the usb cable from the phone.

- Start the installer, and after conect the usb cable to the phone again.

- After conecting, on the installer, under "status:" will appear an information on yellow letters, saying that the "Device is unauthorized"

- Drag the "oxygen_1.0.0_flashable into the installer

- It will appear a message saying that is reeboting into the bootlader. (for me it didn't reboot automaticly)

- Press the power button until the menu appears on the phone, and select "reboot" -> Bootloader"

- Now the phone will unlock the bootloader and wipe your phone.

- When it's done you're going to have to just set up the phone again, like when you got it out of the box.

- After setting the phone, just enable the Developer options agains and enable the Android Debuging.

- Now you just have to wait a little, until that on your phone, you're presented with a menu, and on the installer program will ask you to sideload ADB

- To sideload Adb on the menu that is displayed on the phone go to Advanced -> sideload ADB

- After, it will appear a kind of "slide to unlock" slider, like the iphone, just slide it, and you will see the sideloader working. It will take a few moments, so be patient.

- After is done, it well appear a button saying to reboot the phone, DO NOT PRESS IT, instead, just press the back arrow, to go back to the menu, and select "sideload ADB" again.

- When it is done, if i'm not mistaken, the phone will reboot by itself, if not, just press the "Reebot Phone" option.

And, that's it, you will have Oxygen OS installed on your phone.

I think i haven't forgotten anything.

Thanks once again for this really nice and simple tool

11. traxtopel
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

traxtopel , Apr 6, 2015 :
    That's good to know, do you plan to offer binaries for osx and Linux?

12. ifrahim07
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

ifrahim07 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    One I install oxygen of from this app can I get back to stock recovery?
    Can we install CM nightly too from this installer?

13. Hestus
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

Hestus , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Your tool works nice and easy but it stays stuck at booting TWRP... and my mobile screen it shows the twrp screen, when i click on adb sideload manualy it says failed after a while, without any errors.

14. fatfingers
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

fatfingers , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Someone green with envy?

15. fatfingers
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

fatfingers , Apr 6, 2015 :
    What part of "hundred of downloads", do you not understand?

Umbilicalboy likes this.
  16. fatfingers
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

Jamesst20 likes this.
  17. sonjamin
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

sonjamin , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Holy SH*T, you rock!!! Will try out. Fingers crossed for a good Oxygen experience!!! Many thx

Jamesst20 likes this.
  18. Oneplus Fangirl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

Oneplus Fangirl , Apr 6, 2015 :
    What part of "Has anyone used it?" dont you understand?

There can be any number of downloads but not everyone uses it

i would want some feedback before trying it!

19. Jaxsky
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

Jaxsky , Apr 6, 2015 :
    - After setting the phone, just enable the Developer options agains and enable the Android Debuging.

- Now you just have to wait a little, until that on your phone, you're presented with a menu, and on the installer program will ask you to sideload ADB

- To sideload Adb on the menu that is displayed on the phone go to Advanced -> sideload ADB

- After, it will appear a kind of "slide to unlock" slider, like the iphone, just slide it, and you will see the sideloader working. It will take a few moments, so be patient.

- After is done, it well appear a button saying to reboot the phone, DO NOT PRESS IT, instead, just press the back arrow, to go back to the menu, and select "sideload ADB" again.

- When it is done, if i'm not mistaken, the phone will reboot by itself, if not, just press the "Reebot Phone" option.

Hi guys, first post!

I have gotten to the stage at the top of this and I'm stuck, I have gone back into developer options and de-bugging but I cannot get to a ADVANCED-> Sideload ADB option........it's what the installer wants to do as well.

How do I get this option to appear?

Thanks
    Adam

20. tpinho
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

tpinho , Apr 6, 2015 :
    After you enabled the debuging mode again, the phone hasn't rebboted for itself?