Top 10 Mate 30 Pro Features ( Unlocked Bootloader)

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2019

malidan , Sep 19, 2019 :
    The Mate 30 Pro has launched with no US fanfare, so let's take a look at the top 10 features.
    Just like the Mate 20 Pro, it's looking way ahead of the game.

Njoy:D Or Not:rolleyes:

2. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2019

G_plusone and malidan like this.
  3. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2019

malidan , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Yeah AA just said that.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  4. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2019

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019

malidan likes this.
  5. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2019

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2019

malidan , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Nice nice, no need for Gcam on this one then.:rolleyes:

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  7. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019

G_plusone and malidan like this.
  8. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 20, 2019

youbi , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Thats always easy (as long as google doesn't decide to make things harder and make them stop working on non certified devices). :sweatsmile:

But for the "average Joe" installing gaps is going further than they are used to do, and when you have other options on the table that came with it out of the box it becomes mostly a no brainer to go for those instead.

One can only hope that the trade deal between China and the US gets solved soon and that Huawei is allowed to do what most buyers expect that is bringing google apps back, otherwise only the really Huawei core fans will risk buying this phone.

Loveit likes this.
  9. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Loveit , Sep 20, 2019 :
    For me not having Google Apps installed might make me want to buy another Huawei.

It would have unlocked bootloader and wouldn't have any dodgy Carrier Deals in place in UK hopefully. Faster updates hooray.

malidan likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 21, 2019

malidan , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I always thought the Joe Bloggs was quite good at installing APK's. He has been doing it for years on Amazon products and the likes.

They will not touch anything as making it harder to get on the device would also effect the custom rom scene and we can't have that can we.:D

The game is one is the start of the end for Android?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019

11. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 21, 2019

malidan , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Apart from YouTube I can do without all the rest. Cutting edge hardware from Huawei once again.

12. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2019

13. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2019

14. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 23, 2019

youbi , Sep 23, 2019 :
    But thats not the normal situation. :p The truth is that most expect those apps to be there, and when they see all this news about not having google apps they get just to scared to risk it. :sweatsmile:

On the carrier part that should be truth. :p But curious to see how much the google absence would affect the update speeds. I guess not having the google certification process could speed up things a bit. But if we look to how things happen with the Chinese versions of the phones (that never had those), we will probably see that it won't change that much.

The truth is that not all feel confident about doing that. And the average user doesn't even know they can do it. :sweatsmile:

The truth is that the dark cloud hovering above the phones about Google really locking the installed gaps from working those devices will always be there if the US embargo persists, so probably many users will think twice on risking it and just go for a different phone.

If the Harmony OS was used right from launch on this device and if it could show that it was much better than Android that could be truth, but for now I guess they saw that it wasn't ready yet to risk it. :sweatsmile:

Loveit likes this.
  15. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2019

16. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 23, 2019

malidan , Sep 23, 2019 :