Top 5 Games to Play with Controller| OnePlus TV

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 17, 2020

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Gaming2.png

Hi everyone, this is Venky and am back with the Episode#2 of the Gaming on OnePlus TV. Before proceeding further do check the episode#1 if you haven't already, where I discussed about the Top 5 games to play with the remote.

Backstory:
    While I was digging through PlayStore for some good games to play on the large screen, I realized 3 things
    1. The Storage space is very limited on the TV, so installing Large Games would be an issue.
    2. The availability of games is limited unlike the mobile platform. It might be due to the design of games based on Touch Screen compatibility or the under motivated developers with the TV userbase.
    3. The hardware of the TV platforms are not powerful enough like mobiles to run the games buttery smooth.
    Now the first restriction I could overcome fortunately by expanding my Storage to 1TB using a USB HDD. I would suggest you to do the same before installing any of the mentioned games.
    For the other two restrictions, there's no solution than to adjust with the available games. The only alternative is to use an External gaming Console like PS4/Xbox/PC as the screen mirroring is still not seamless to a stage where we can play games from the Phone. In the upcoming episode #3, I will be covering on the gaming from PC; so keep an eye on forums for that :)

Top 5 Games
    Though the games I mentioned in Episode#1 can also be played with a controller, the following are my Top 5 games apart from those that are best enjoyed with a Controller.

Note:
    I am using a Wireless Dongle Controller with the Dongle being connected to the Type C port on the Top using an Adapter as shown below. But, I would recommend to go for a Bluetooth Controller for easy connection and control. If you want recommendations for the controller, do ping me I would be happy to suggest.
    24.jpeg

Watch the Video showing the Gameplay of the 5 games on the OnePlus TV

1. Oddmar
    Though the game is free to download, you are only allowed to play the first 1 chapter for free. It has a total of 6 levels in 1st Chapter but I am sure that the journey in those levels would mesmerize you to buy the full version. You would be playing as a Viking named Oddmar, crossing rivers, jungles in quest of
    redeeming himself. The game is fulled with puzzles, powers, creatures and it's an adventure ride you shouldn't miss. The graphics and music are amazing with minimal hiccups in the gameplay performance on TV. The vibrant colors of this game make it event worthy to play on the big screen.
    Price: 1st Chapter Free and ~360 INR to unlock remaining chapters

maxresdefault.jpg

2. Sky Force Anniversary
    Did it ever happen to you that you play a game and it immediately gives you flashes of your childhood gaming times? The nostalgia hits right with this game. If you have played the classic arcade shooter flight game, this is that game with revamped graphics. Though the gameplay is simple, the levels keep challenging you with increase in the intensity. Complete the levels and prepare yourself to face the enemy. The game runs pretty smooth on the TV.
    Price: Two levels are Free to Play ~ INR 300 to unlock other levels.

sfa_1.jpg

3. Ski Safari 2

This is the cutest game of the lot. You get to perform few stunts while skiing for boosters and also get to ride on Penguins & Yeti... Yes you heard me right a Yeti. The stunts have some cute animations and though the gameplay looks simple it needs some practice to crack the points as its a pretty fast paced game. If you have a friend at home you should challenge them to beat your high score ;) Also once you earn more coins, you can unlock other worlds that would unlock more creatures too.
    Price: Free to Download and Play

screen-4.jpg

4. Dead Trigger 2

Though First Person Shooter games are not my things, this game somehow keeps me glued. May be because of the Protagonist's one liners or the easy aiming or may be because I like Zombie Land :p Jokes apart, this is definitely one of the smoothest FPS game to play on the TV. The graphics aren't high end but the game is interesting and most of all not as scary as the other Zombie/Vampire games. Do keep in mind that you have to map the Controller Keys for each action to play and would suggest to keep the Aiming Sensitivity at 30-35 for easy head shots.

Dead-Trigger.png

5. Asphalt 9- Legends
    The first game that I wanted to play as soon as I got the TV was undoubtedly "Asphalt". Out of the Asphalt Series, the Legends works better on the TV. The graphics are surely a load for the TV so be prepared for hiccups (Frame drops) during the gameplay. Apart from that the game is pretty fun. You get to unlock large collection of cars with every level. The game also have Multiplayer Option where you can play against other online or make your own friends club and play. I did try playing with few friends from the forums and only then I realized how bad I was at the game :D
    PS- Make sure to play with Touch Drive ON. It's a tough world out there :p

asphalt-9-legends-switch-screenshot03.jpg

Honorable mentions -
    Real Racing 3, Beach Buggy Racing, Does Not Commute and Space Marshals 2.

So..... Have you tried any of these games already....what's your favorite game to play on the TV?

Also don't forget to share the screenshots of your highest score here :)
    Enjoy gaming.... Stay Home and Stay Safe.

@sbhmnaik @ginzon @Hugeatom342 @RohitTheDevil @arun047 @Suhaas97 @Guru0277 @suveerupadhyay @RVGabru @mokaeswar

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020

2. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 17, 2020

harshil1903 and Venky61 like this.
  3. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Hey thanks man... Do you have a Android TV or Fire Stick at home?

Batman360 likes this.
  4. Batman360

Venky61 likes this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 17, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 17, 2020 :
    I don't find Asphalt 9 in the play store while searching on TV. Did you sideload it?

6. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Yes True... But, I generally play PC games and the Dongle controller makes more sense for my usage.
    Firestick also has some good games collection, only issue is that the storage extension is not so friendly.

Batman360 likes this.
  7. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Nope... I got it from the playstore. Check once from the web playstore if it shows the TV as compatible ?

B1570371054001 and B_Wrath like this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 17, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 17, 2020 :
    It's not compatible with my Mi TV:sob::sob::sob:

Rambhat, B1570371054001 and Venky61 like this.
  9. Batman360

Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Touché 🤷🏻‍♂️ But then again PC/ PS4 games are always there [e]1f604[/e]

Venky61 likes this.
  10. Venky61

11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 17, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 17, 2020 :
    It's on A9.

12. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    That's surprising...Could it be the GPU compatibility? What the exact model of your TV?

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 17, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 17, 2020 :
    It's Mi 4A Pro.

14. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Apr 17, 2020

devil5614737, B_Wrath and Venky61 like this.
  15. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Time for an Upgrade... :D

16. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    I guess it's the RAM. I read somewhere that the min required is 2GB.

B_Wrath likes this.
  17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 17, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Ah. That figures.

Venky61 likes this.

Venky61 likes this.
  19. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Thanks Bro... Am happy that it's helping you kill time.... :D
    Speaking about Highscores, I already reached almost the end of 2nd Chapter on Oddmar and it's thrilling and story line just became more interesting :)
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 16.51.10.jpeg

Suhaas97 likes this.
  20. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2020

G_plusone and Venky61 like this.