Top 5 Games to Play with the Remote on OnePlus TV

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 7, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Gaming.png
    Hello Everyone,

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about a Smart TV is the ability to Install Games. But most of the Smart TVs have limited games in the store and most of them aren't even exciting to play. Android TV on the other hand gives access to thousands of games that we are familiar with.

Now when I got the OnePlus TV, I was excited to have my share of gaming. I was hoping that the game store on the OnePlus TV should help me come over the fact that I don't own a PS4/Xbox. The first thing I realized after installing few games is that most of the games need a Gaming Controller for them to work. I was expecting that at least arcade games that have limited actions to play should work with the remote. But seems like the key mapping isn't valid for all the games.

So here in EP-1 of this post, I will focus only on the games that actually work with the TV remote. There might be users who do not want to invest on a gaming controller, so this post is dedicated to them.

Bonus: All the games listed are available for FREE :)

Before moving further, please note that installing games would require free space and if you are falling shortage of the internal storage, check this tutorial on "How to Expand the Storage"

1. Badland
    The motive of the game is to survive through the journey without getting trapped by the obstacles on the way. There's hardly any control except for the tapping to move forward. The aesthetics of the game are amazing and the background music and sounds just elevate the experience.
    maxresdefault.jpg

2. Orbia
    This was the first game I played on the OnePlus TV and this surely refreshes the mind. Each level takes hardly a minute to cross, this could be the best game if you are in for some quick fun. The motive is to slide across the rings without colliding with the creatures. The intensity and powers increase with the levels and makes the Gameplay more interesting.
    Warning: This game can be addicting ;)
    maxresdefault1.jpg

3. Jungle Adventures 2
    This is my favorite game in this lot. Takes me back to the childhood days of gaming. Addu the adventurer needs to bring back the fruits by making sure not to killed by the animals/creatures. The gameplay is little tricky for the remote but once you get a hang of it the fun starts. There are numerous levels and each level takes 5-10 mins to complete. So make sure you have enough time to invest before starting :)
    1fef47e4873803d5498b73dcf7521a8b.png

4. Mouse Bot
    As the names suggests, you will be playing as a Mouse bot that is programmed to collect all the cheese blocks. The obstacles/traps keep changing with each level. The maneuvering is not precise with the remote but does the job. At least this adds a difficulty level to the otherwise easy gameplay :)
    maxresdefault2.jpg

5. Hungry Shark Evolution

This game may not be suitable for everyone as its filled with blood and human crunching sounds :p Be the hungry shark to hunt humans and fishes in the beautiful sea. The graphics aren't the best but the easy gameplay makes up for it. I did face some minor fps drops during this game though.
    hungry-shark-evolution-14245-1.jpg

Do share what's your fav game for the OnePlus TV that you played with the remote.

In the next episode, I will be back with Top 5 games with Controller. Until then, Happy Gaming and a lazy weekend :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020

2. Aarav Sahni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  3. Venky61

Venky61 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    I hope you like these games and also do share which one you liked the most :)

Aarav Sahni likes this.
  4. Aarav Sahni

OP....nightmare and Venky61 like this.
  5. Aarav Sahni

OP....nightmare likes this.
  6. Venky61

Venky61 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    No I haven't... Thanks for the suggestion, will try that out and may be I can add it to the next top 5 games list ;)
    Also do you regularly play games on the TV?

7. Aarav Sahni

Aarav Sahni , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Mar 7, 2020 :
    yeah 4-5 times a week and they are actually fun 🎮🕹️

8. Venky61

Venky61 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    That's some quality time ;)

Aarav Sahni likes this.
  9. Aarav Sahni

OP....nightmare and Venky61 like this.
  10. R1571076746573
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2020

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 9, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 9, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Unfortunately there is no direct way to control the Video Streaming Quality on Amazon Prime Video App as Amazon doesn't provide any such option. I raised the concern to the Amazon team, but it might take a lot of time before it is implemented.

But there's a trick to do it and it isn't the best but only available option right now.
    Follow this procedure to access Amazon Prime video from the Browser on OnePlus TV and you will be able to restrict the video quality.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ream-and-vodafone-play-on-oneplus-tv.1187246/

Will update once I find an alternative method. :)

12. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Mar 9, 2020

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 9, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 9, 2020 :
    Thank you so much... Means a lot :)
    By the way.....Can you share what's your fav game to play on the OnePlus TV ;)

14. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  15. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 29, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 29, 2020 :
    Hey,
    Glad you find this helpful and would want this to be pinned. :)
    Will request the team for the same.

sharadksingh likes this.
  16. Nandesh Mohan
    Froyo Jun 8, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Jun 8, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I have faced problem with real 3 racing game to play in OP TV as the screen goes black when ever I opens and start to play. Is it not possible to play these raising games without game pad? Not even possible to download app data with remote. Any suggestions why it's happening in my tv.

17. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 8, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 8, 2020 :
    Hi,
    The issue is from the App side. It's not opening for me too. And yes, you can't even navigate through most of the games with just remote if gamepad is mentioned as required. You can try some luck with virtual gamepad Apps like CetusPlay but still the experience won't be as good as a regular gamepad.

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  18. Nandesh Mohan
    Froyo Jun 8, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Jun 8, 2020 :
    Thank you very much for your response! What is the use if the app which takes more then 1 gb memory and is not working, so uninstalled! Nothing can be done from our side for the improvement of tv apps as I even noticed about issues with prime video app also!!! These are ruin the tv experience!

Venky61 likes this.
  19. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 8, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 8, 2020 :
    That's true. The focus of the App developers is hardly there for the TV platform due to limited user base and usage constraints. Let's hope the future's brighter ;)

20. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jul 18, 2020