Top Questions Answered - July Edition

1. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Jul 30, 2020

Tom B. , Jul 30, 2020 :
    test2.png

Hello everyone!

July was an important month and a fresh chapter for OnePlus. Just weeks ago we launched 3 new OnePlus TV variants in India, went back to our roots with OnePlus Nord, and announced a great pair of Buds with lots of battery life.

This was definitely a busy month for all of us at OnePlus Support team – we received a large number of queries from our excited fans and Yes! We are here to share all your top questions with answers.

Before I get to the top lists, let me take a moment to answer an important question some of you had, "with great new products comes heavy responsibilities, how OnePlus Support is planning to provide the same level of customer service?"

We treat all our products equally, from OnePlus phones to OnePlus accessories and gear, we strive to deliver the best experience for all our users in different regions and we will continue the same rigor in assisting our users without any compromises as well as improving our services with you, our community.

It is significantly important for us to continuously monitor each issue reported as it's not only helping our engineers and product teams but also helping us support you faster. And that is exactly why we have a dedicated team listening to your bug reports. If you have any software issues or suggestions, you can submit them via the OnePlus community app. Let's learn how to do it with @Manu J. 's post here

We'd love to hear from you:
    Let us know what you think about this new format, drop us a line in the comments to let us know your feedback or suggestions on how we can further bring value to you through our OnePlus support forum posts.

Thank you and stay safe!

2. deep0611
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020

Tom B. and B1591759390423 like this.
  3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Customer service needs some improvement. If you can solve that kindly look into delivery. People are also having issue with delivery.

4. razzor228
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

razzor228 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for the thread @Tom B. It would be great if the Customer Support can handle the queries in a much better way and not stick to templates when a user asks something. Not all queries are the same, similarly, the replies that the Support team provides shouldn't be generic.

5. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020

pratikjadhav_ and Tom B. like this.
  6. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 30, 2020

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Customer service definitely needs improvement

7. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    @Tom B. thanks for the update! 😊
    And I would really suggest you guys to pull up your socks now, because the number of customers will increase now and with the slightest of issues, they are going to contact to guys. Longer call queue, longer wait, late response, late deliveries,etc etc. you get my point. 😊

8. Sanju0805
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Sanju0805 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 30, 2020 :
    @Tom B I have 3 questions of my 1+ tv 43inch

1. My provider said wall mount was OOS. so I have done table top

2. will data mode or kids mode available in future updates.?
    3. when will typesync feature and other technical glitch on OnePlus connect will be resolved?

thanks 1596113611012.jpg

Ravishankar T likes this.
  10. Siddy96
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Siddy96 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    where is the july update for oneplus7t,please dont focus only on nord try to focus on other devices also.

11. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2020

fragargon , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hi @Tom B.

I quoted some post, they are all related to one request. CS improvements. A matter of fact as a high tech manufacturer.
    A good CS is higly appreciated when trouble begin while still in a waranty period.

All request is not meant to waranties, OnePlus is a WorldWide smartphone sellers and so there are hiccups about deliveries matter. Here is a good storie:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/struggles-with-oneplus-customer-support-a-users-tale.1266520/

Tom B., Karun Deep, B_Wrath and 6 others like this.
  12. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jul 30, 2020 :
    The sales figures are great news for the entire team, now it's your turn for services, Plz make yourself future-ready. Lots of things are started to flow, tint, bend.... Etc etc.
    Wish you all the best.
    & Yes Customer service is the most important part for sustainability.
    Plz take care of yours & your customers.

13. Ashi08
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Ashi08 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I expected software update for OnePlus 7 pro however looks like its been ignored again. can somebody please let us know when it will be available?

Appreciate your response.

AshutoshIngole likes this.
  14. Atharv_des
    Froyo Jul 30, 2020

Atharv_des , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 30, 2020 :
    My question would seem a bit unrelated to this topic but ive been thinking about it and researching about it as well.
    Why can't Oneplus 6 and 6T run Fortnite at 60 fps?
    All its other competitors, Iphone X/XS, Samsung galaxy Note 9/ Note 8, S9/S10 and others with SD845 and Adreno 30 graphics card can run it. If OnePlus 7 can run Fortnite at 60 fps, then i can confirm that after a little bit of tweaking with the software, Oneplus 6T would be able to run Fortnite at 60 fps. This phone is more than capable if running other high graphics games as well such as COD Mobile and PUBG at 60 fps constant.

15. Shubham_Ag.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2020

16. Mohsin_Alam
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

17. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

Lnkz and oneplusmeC3PO like this.
  18. Dharmesh patel 2568
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

19. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

nerdkabir , Jul 30, 2020 :

HERES TO HOPING THAT THESE ISSUES ARE ADDRESSED ASAP AND WITHOUT ANY ‘FURTHER CONFUSIONS’. We all have suffered a great deal already. Wish and pray that all is safe and sound at your end.

How I wish that it was Indeed a good Launch of the most awaited line of phone by OnePlus. They Hype it generated, was immensely well received, all over the globe. I sold my OnePlus 6t a day before the Launch as i was certain that OnePlus was going to knock it out off the park. I bought the AR Launch Invite, bought the Preorder with full enthusiasm. But it all turned out to be a Huge let down. Here are the reasons why, Inspite of 1300+ messages in the “OnePlus Nord: Availability in India” Thread of all the Loyal Customers facing huge concerns: (NONE OF THEM WERE SOLVED OR EVEN ADDRESSED):

1) The Preorders: The word preorder conveyed only one meaning to all of us, that its an advance amount to prebook our OnePlus Nord Phone. The excitement of getting our hands first before others was the exciting part, beside the goodies OnePlus was offering. But all went in the drain as soon as @Joel Jacob announced that preorders doesn’t guarantees that a phone has been reserved for us.

2) Gifts Not Worth 5000inr: @Joel Jacob also wrote “we assure you, the gift box value is worth more than 5000inr”. If that really is the case, please help us understand the Math: if a preorder buyer buys Oneplus Nord, and they opt for GIFT BOX 1: Bluetooth bullets wireless z 1999+ A Nord sandstone case worth 790 and 500rs coupon which can be used only on oneplus.in (and no clarity on the caveat here, like may be 500rs can only be availed if you shop for a certain amount, etc etc), so total amount of gift box 1 is 3289 inr. If the customer choses GIFT BOX 2: Wireless bullet version 1 2999+ a nord sandstone case worth 790, total is 3789. So @Carl @Joel Jacob , please help us 1000’s of Indian Consumers and loyal fans that how does this math work?

3) 499 non-redeemable: @Joel Jacob also mentioned that the Preorder amount is non-redeemable. Now why is that? We Preordered the phone and not the gift boxes, we paid believing that a Oneplus nord is going to be reserved for all the Preorder buyers, as it was a lottery kind of system, it wasn’t an open sale. We waited for ages, set many alarms to buy the preorders. But the amount being not adjusted in the final amount of Nord at the time of purchase is very hurtful andis a huge disappointment.

4) First Gift Box: it has got an Invite Card with a message on it: “Hey, theres a OnePlus Nord with your name on it”, if this message doesn’t mean that a phone has been reserved for you, then We are stupid and really fools to even believe in OnePlus in the first place, to be loyal for years. We thought we all will get a window or an invite code on our ID’s as we were the few (1000’s) lucky ones to have placed the ‘OnePlus Nord Preorders” as it got sold out within a few minutes. But we were treated just like everyone out there, who didn’t purchase a preorder. Than what was the difference? Why ? Also note: When I successfully purchased the Preorder and I happened to read the T&C there, was clearly meantioned that the surprise gift box will contain “headphones wireless bullets z version” and a nord sandstone case, which was conveniently later changed to “wireless headpones bullet verion 1”, Still, the math is incorrect, how is it worth 5000 Rupees? Please help us understand that.

5) Your Customer care support is terrible. Have shot several emails and tried to connect to chat support, every medium failed. Not a single acknowledgement or reply I received from OnePlus support. Never could get through. This was unbelievable. I understand that these are Pandemic times and worksforce is affected, but no response for 2 weeks? How do you explain that? Imagine someone whose livelihood depends on this phone and your customer care takes ages to even respond, forget servicing their phones. Painful.

I so so wanted to buy the Nord but the experience of not just me but thousands out there, has been terribe, I’m being really kind here when i say ‘terrible’. The faith in OnePlus now has been Broken. And you can’t replace it like you do for your Phones.

Just hope that this message is being read by the right people and they really understand that this has been a terrible experience when it comes to “PREORDER”. The AR Launch was amazing and was something i will cherish. Just out of words now, have said enough. Peace out ✌🏻.

( Note: Some people also asked me to add a point of “AR Launch Invite guaranting Amazon gift card upto 1000rs”. I think that is too much to ask and also unethical. Cauz everyone got a chance at “Spin and Win” and got a chance to win cashback of 200,500,750,1000 as cashback, and other few bumper prizes. I understand the Caveat of “only applicable on buying Nord” may be a catch not everyone liked. But than to OnePlus’s point, what ever cashback you gonna get “after purchasing OnePlus Nord” is going to be in the form of Gift Card itself. So i would say the devil is in the details. Hence didn’t put it up there in the above issues. Else the above mentioned points are a clear breach of Trust of Loyal OnePlus customers).

nerdkabir
    TechTalks

Venkata Anil, TI8, SujayBK and 9 others like this.