Top Questions Answered - July Edition

1. tirthak_modi
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

NordAK likes this.
  2. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020

nerdkabir , Aug 1, 2020 :
    when does this happen mostly? If you can point would be great. Also, try clearing “caches” of all apps and uninstall any theme/launcher you have.

Would be good if you backup all your data and do a factory reset. I know its lengthy process but a fresh setup is always good for phones life.

3. Jeffembenann
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

Jeffembenann , Aug 1, 2020 :
    this unfortunately happens different times of the day when opening an app. the last one was text message app. this morning was when opening OnePlus community

what's the process for clearing the cache please

4. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020

Going to settings, Applications and then going to each apps and do “clear cache”. You’ll easily figure out when you go to application manager in the settings. Clear cache of all the apps, speciallu system apps as well (select all apps in the menu of applications). And them restart your phone. Hope this helps

Jeffembenann likes this.
  5. Prestigyy
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

6. Frenstar
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

Frenstar , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Problems in oneplus 8 pro

* Black crush issue in hole punch camera
    * Color optimisation need to be done like oppo find x2 pro
    * After finishing a call sometimes screen brightness is at low level unless u increase the brightness or lock and again unlock the phone (sensor issue)
    * Sometimes hang issue in chrome app

Main problem that to be immediately addressed is Black crush issue and display color calibration. It's a flagship device these kind of problems should not come. Pls solve this issue soon. Its my first oneplus device so pls don't make me feel why I have switched to oneplus device.

tirthak_modi likes this.
  7. a_nurag
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

8. adarshgopinathan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Camera 8pro loss of sharpness towards the corners of the frame is the most obvious, back camera with some ghosting on moving subjects, aliasing, and moiré on high-frequency patterns, flare in strongly backlit images, and geometric distortion errors also observed. Although it occurs infrequently, flare in backlit images is often very obvious, with large light streaks running across the image. As previously mentioned, the long exposure times often results in strong blurring or ghosting on moving subjects in indoor or low-light shots, too.

9. Lnkz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2020

Lnkz , Aug 1, 2020 :
    No offence, but do you see the amount of thread about screen problem?
    And do you see one single word from OP?

If you buy OP8 you'll get a "screen with nuances" with a 99% chance. Look - even the new Nord has those screen features xD.

The only thing is how noticeble they will be.

dhaval_1995 likes this.
  10. rajatkapoorrk
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

rajatkapoorrk , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Good part is people ask the questions here unlike some brands which only list FAQs according to their convenience.

11. Lnkz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2020

Lnkz , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Bad part - nobody answers.

chat_n_ya likes this.
  12. TheMani
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

TheMani , Aug 1, 2020 :
    i am hoping for them to give a word on this atleast and tell us what will they do regarding future phones , and i want to know if oneplus 8t pro is coming this october or not ?

13. Lnkz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2020

Lnkz , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I'm starting to think, that after several month of silence there won't be anything said about "old" phones.

Rumors appear more often, I believe 8T will be released soon.
    Hope they use the same displays :D

14. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020

Try installing gcam mod/apk . Way better utilisation of the camera hardware. Gcam pictures mostly comes out much better than Oneplus stock camera pictures.

adarshgopinathan likes this.
  15. Quasselpest
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

16. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020

Call your network operator/carrier to activate those services. Tell them to help you troubleshoot the issue. They’ll ask you your phone model and other details. This should help you.

17. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020

Yup! Atleast there is a forum where we can help each other out (or atleast expect to get help, later if not sooner). Or get some officials to look into it. Atleast there is some percentage of hope for help/solution here. That’s it

18. Prestigyy
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Prestigyy , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I did dear they said that the problem from the phone and need to solve this issue by the next OTA update

19. pmmenon
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

20. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020