Sound Top Speaker Grill cleaning?

1. sjuerges
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2019

sjuerges , Sep 18, 2019 :
    Hey folks,

I have a question regarding the top Speaker Grill on the OP7P, or more precisely:

Does anyone have an idea / way to clean it out? Mine seems almost totally blocked, which makes for very bad phone call quality. I'm not sure what is blocking it. Phone wasn't subjected to any liquids or sticky substances. Only "modification" is a screen protector (glass) on the device, for protection. So the only thing I could think of that might be cause for the blockage is glue residue from the screen protector being pushed in inside the pants pockets.

Thanks for your ideas/suggestions.

Cheers

2. Matt 80
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2019

3. docbabloo
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2019

docbabloo , Sep 18, 2019 :
    I almost have the same problem. Almost quarter of the speaker grill got clogged from the adhesive glue of the screen protector I installed. I was very careful but still somehow got it in the grill. I tried everything but just wont go away. Besides the space of the speaker grill is so tight that barely any tool can reach in their to remove it.

4. patrick.h.day
    Froyo Sep 18, 2019

patrick.h.day , Sep 18, 2019 :
    A soft bristle toothbrush, and rubbing alcohol works well for me. Put some rubbing alcohol on a clean, lint free cloth, lightly go over the grille. Then take your soft bristle tooth brush and again, go lightly over the grille. Take the same lint free cloth and put more rubbing alcohol on it, and lightly go over the grille again. Be sure to not put too much alcohol on the cloth, just dampen it. The added bonus is that the alcohol kills germs in the crud imbedded in your grille. I've been doing this since My Mytouch 4G slide days in 2012.

V1526873739403 likes this.
  5. sjuerges
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

sjuerges , Sep 20, 2019 :
    thanks guys, I'll try the toothbrush and rubbing isopropyl alcohol, and if that doesn't work, maybe some compressed air l, although I can see that making it worse potentially. well , we will see.

6. IamRahul23
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2019