Torrent download issue.

1. G_Abijith_Viswanath_OFwV
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

2. harshil1903
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Using Torrents to illegally download is prohibited in India. Also most of the mobile networks have banned the websites that support torrents.

That being said, a simple VPN should solve the job of accessing the banned websites.

This has nothing to do with OnePlus device.

3. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2020

4. Kaito_kid
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2020

5. ronnyhawks

6. Kaito_kid

Kaito_kid , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 16, 2020 :
    that's where you are wrong

7. ronnyhawks

ronnyhawks , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jan 16, 2020 :
    actually no kid that's where you are wrong. downloading something illegally is illegal all over the world it doesn't make it okay for one person just because he's Indian or lives in India. you're making a fool of yourself

8. Kaito_kid

Kaito_kid , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 16, 2020 :
    wait what lol boomer it was a joke lol boomers am I right

9. Subrata Dey
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2020

Subrata Dey , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 17, 2020 :
    Don't understand why you guys are dwelling on wrong issue.. He said torrent downloads... Torrent is perfectly legal in India however downloading copyright material isn't. He never said why he uses torrent. Judgemental folks as if you guys never used torrent....

R1576452722144 likes this.
  10. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2020

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 18, 2020 :
    At least check full question before you jump into a word war.
    And he is absolutely right...
    Torrent is perfectly fine to use anywhere as is not being used for piracy. All Linux Operating System ISOs are provided through torrent too... !

11. Kaito_kid
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2020

Kaito_kid , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 18, 2020 :
    who's right here? the guy who's thinking that torrents are always used to download illegal stuff cus he lives under a rock or me?

Cosmos_NT likes this.
  12. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2020

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 18, 2020 :

Kaito_kid

who's right here? the guy who's thinking that torrents are always used to download illegal stuff cus he lives under a rock or me?​

The question is not who is right, it is whether the user who asked help for an issue is resolved or not.

Perhaps insufficient knowledge is indeed the problem over here. I'm not saying he is wrong and you are right.

If he never used torrent before ( like in any manner - for downloading pirated or legal content - and I'm not supporting such illegal content at all, but for an instance...), then chances are he has only seen articles on the internet without getting too deep into them for reality. Or maybe he has used it for pirated content and not for legal ones.

I quoted you because our priority is to provide answer to this very thread and entangling into issues which are meaningless is not good at all.

I quoted him because he didn't had enough knowledge on this topic and that's why I mentioned the Linux based OS to give him an example of such highly used Operating System available through this medium.

Kaito_kid likes this.
  13. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2020

ronnyhawks , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jan 18, 2020 :
    everybody here is wrong. I know exactly what a torrent is. 99% of people are looking to download stuff illegally. the same stuff that we have to pay for. so no, I'm not giving anybody any help on how to download anything for free that me and millions of other people have to pay for. has nothing to do with me not being knowledgeable or me not knowing anything. it all boils down to me not wanting to help somebody download anything illegally or free that I have to pay for. if I have to pay for it you should have to pay for it [e]1f44d[/e]🏻

14. Sumpunk85
    Donut Jan 18, 2020

Sumpunk85 , Jan 18, 2020 :
    In my experience with Android torrenting over the years, the best app is Flud from the PlayStore. My torrents were podcasts which couldn't pay for the bandwidth of hosting the files.

I'm sure it goes without saying, make sure the torrent has enough seeders. This will make the torrent stall.

It is up to the individual wether they want to download legal or illegal torrents. Support the Artists & Creators of whichever you choose. Either way make sure you have a good VPN on when downloading. I use Windscribe if you are looking for a VPN.

ronnyhawks likes this.