[Answered] Touch latency on the OnePlus 3/3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m.kittok
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

m.kittok , Dec 3, 2016 :
    I have this at time as well, sometimes the screen partially freezes (can type but it doesn't show in the app eg: facebook messenger or google inbox) until I shut off the screen and turn it back on. Did not have this problem prior to beta 7

2. larsbutnotleast
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2016

3. snaker445
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2016

snaker445 , Dec 9, 2016 :
    I remember that also the Oneplus One had this latency issue. It was one of the main reasons that I sold it after only 3 days of usage. Very disappointed to hear about the same issue, after 3 more generations of the phone. I am pretty sure that they will not solve it.

4. renatosf
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2016

renatosf , Dec 10, 2016 :
    Humn, that is something that needs to be fixed asap. We were promised a fix let's see...

5. sinergie
    Eclair Dec 11, 2016

sinergie , Dec 11, 2016 :
    A lot of people here don't understand why this is a major issue for some. From arter97's explanation:

Currently, the “move sensitivity” on the OnePlus 3 is set too big, which results in latency. If you touch the screen and move the finger around very little (like 3~5mm), it won’t be registered as a scroll. This is because the “move sensitivity” is set too big. We are on a 5.5″ screen. I think it’ll be totally fine to reduce the threshold a bit. (If the threshold is set too small, a tap will be registered as a scroll. If it’s set too big, a scroll will be registered as a tap and increase latency.)

The result is that with scrolling (especially with small scrolls which I apparently do a lot) you are far more likely to get frequent unintentional taps. If I'm scrolling through my timeline or just some random website I get unintentional clicks on links all the time which is very frustrating. The strange thing is that I have my OP3 since July and I only started noticing this some time after I removed the default screen protector at the end of October. I also tried putting it back on to see if it would make a difference, but it didn't.

6. stevakos93
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2016

7. suraj464
    Donut Jan 4, 2017

8. SaadAliG
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2017

SaadAliG , Jan 5, 2017 :
    Unfortunately no. People seem to have forgot about the issue and that is a real concern for me, I'm afraid that this issue will not get addressed as everyone has forgotten about it.

I love this phone I love everything about this phone and I'm fine with the camera performance even if it is not up to the standards of the flagship cameras but still it gets the job done but this issue however is getting on my nerves.
    It's really noticeable as I use it alongside my Nexus 6p as my other daily driver so it's very noticeable, makes the phone feel slow and typing on this phone feels very very frustrating.

waitingpatiently likes this.
  9. walk_the_moon
    Eclair Jan 5, 2017

onp3dd likes this.
  10. joeyoh
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2017

joeyoh , Jan 6, 2017 :
    Typing fast is super painful because of latency. Just got the phone and might have to return unless there is a planned update.

11. SaadAliG
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2017

SaadAliG , Jan 6, 2017 :
    Typing is bad on this phone indeed. Compared to my Nexus 6p it doesn't feel good to type on this phone which is a shame as it outperforms my 6p in every other department.

12. t_shock
    Froyo Jan 6, 2017

13. sabbir.3t
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

zdravke and joeyoh like this.
  14. zdravke
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2017

zdravke , Jan 10, 2017 :
    It's been like this since the beginning of the company. They are not competent enough to deal with this issue (or any other compex one for that matter). They have been aware of this since OPO, and were still launching all the devices into the masses. You quickly realize why you pay a premium price for premium device. It's a touch phone you don't really want to touch.

15. zdravke
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2017

zdravke , Jan 10, 2017 :
    Go ahead and return it, take your money back. Only then they will start thinking about it. This has been an issue since they started the company, I would not hold my breath for a fix.

16. dsommer
    Eclair Jan 11, 2017

dsommer , Jan 11, 2017 :
    This lone issue is killing me with this phone. I just got it last week and I'm not far off from deciding to return it. Typing, scrolling, etc. is excruciating with the 3T versus my old Note 5. I know OP said they were going to look at it, but given the responses in this thread, I'm about 80% sure it's going back. Really sucks because I like the phone.

17. BruhToine
    Donut Jan 12, 2017

18. aaziz2
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2017

aaziz2 , Jan 18, 2017 :
    +1

Just got my Oneplus 3t and can confirm.

Hope Oneplus can and will fix this, it's a priority!

19. kev
    Eclair Jan 19, 2017

kev , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I'm on 4.0.2 and its not really that noticeable, but I put my 3t next to a pixel the pixel was smoother

20. onp3dd
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2017