Touch screen issues on the OnePlus One, and how OnePlus is failing its users

?

Variations occur between devices, what issue(s) do you have with the One's touch screen, if any?

1. Unresponsive/glitchy typing

48.1%
  2. Sections of the touch screen not responding (This includes issues when scrolling around on apps/web)

23.4%
  3. Multitouch issues, the multitouch does not work correctly (This includes issues with pinch to zoom)

39.7%
  4. No issues at all, it is as responsive as any other device I have owned.

30.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2014

oscarvanl , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Newest franco kernel doesn't resolve this for me. The new OTA update will use the same touch firmware as the latest franco kernel. Despite this I still have to wait before RMAing.

superchinook likes this.
  2. uygar
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2014

uygar , Oct 8, 2014 :
    r38 doesn't solve the issue .. putting my device in my pocket I left the house, While trying to use it again I experienced unresponsive /weird behavior of the touchscreen (only dt2w enabled - gestures disabled)

superchinook and oscarvanl like this.
  3. Witger
    Eclair Oct 21, 2014

Witger , Oct 21, 2014 :
    Just try installing a custom ROM, worked fine for me... I had gliches with only 2 touches but now it does 10 fingers.

4. CoBfan1987
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2014

5. keljei
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2014

keljei , Nov 20, 2014 :
    Flashed to the latest 44s build and the phone is still causing me issues. I can stand not being able to type too fast or correctly (Google keyboard s autocorrect helps a great deal) but having an unresponsive screen after putting the device in the pocket is really grinding my gears. I had great faith with this phone and its hardware is superb, safe for the digitizer.... anyone else also experiencing unresponsive touch and/or uncaptive scolling/swiping even after the latest update?

iamcpizzle and reazonunknown like this.
  6. agoodnow
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2014

agoodnow , Nov 20, 2014 :
    My screen is unresponsive more than it responds. It types slow, the home, back, and menu buttons (not the on screen ones) don't respond, can't pull down the notifications menu, can't swipe to unlock the screen, etc. I have had the phone for 2 weeks now and I'm on the 44s build. I have seriously considered returning it but I'm sure the backlog for returns is crazy.

hilalhmuhammed likes this.
  7. Rbjork
    Froyo Nov 20, 2014

Rbjork , Nov 20, 2014 :
    I live in MN and with the temps going down into the freezing temps, the touch screen becomes unresponsive outside in the cold, not good....

8. keljei
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2014

keljei , Nov 20, 2014 :
    Looks like we have identifies the main culprit of the screen response issue. Temperature and humidity. The firm ware for the screen needs a serious shake down if it only works in a narrower temperature and atmospheric humidity band than the rest of the phones in the market...

hilalhmuhammed likes this.
  9. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Nov 20, 2014

10. reazonunknown
    Froyo Nov 25, 2014

reazonunknown , Nov 25, 2014 :
    I'm having the same problem after 44s ,selling mine can't deal with it

11. banubash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 3, 2015

banubash , Feb 3, 2015 :
    Heyy, I have thr same issue. I have been using on OPO with tempered glass on for like 3 month Untill yesterday, it was working fine. It becomes unresponsive if I walk around with the phone in my pocket. Not 100% unresponsive. But after a restart, everything is back to normal. Any help guys? This is soo annoying now

Wadesauce and ULTIMATE2015 like this.
  12. ULTIMATE2015
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2015

ULTIMATE2015 , Feb 15, 2015 :
    AFTER latest update.. DOUBLE tap to wake up doesnt work. SCREEN sensitivity is also AFFECTED now!!! NOT REAL HAPPY!!

hilalhmuhammed and oscarvanl like this.
  13. ULTIMATE2015
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2015

hilalhmuhammed and tyler539 like this.
  14. hilalhmuhammed
    Froyo Feb 27, 2015

hilalhmuhammed , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Exactly same case here... The pocket stuff and reboot fix, everything. Please let me know if you found a fix.

15. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Mar 1, 2015

oscarvanl , Mar 1, 2015 :
    RMA it asap.

16. Thylacine
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2015

Thylacine , Mar 2, 2015 :
    How do I RMA when they wont even respond to my ticket? I don't want to type something new in the ticket and bump it back to the bottom of the queue...

Exact same touchscreen issues, and I found heat appeared to make a difference too, which is difficult to avoid in Australian summer.

17. Ta2272
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

Ta2272 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Any updates on this issue, it's painful, just reset my phone and that didn't help. I've got the latest update

18. Tr1p
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

Tr1p , Apr 7, 2015 :
    One Plus One Ghost touch Ghost Swipe and Slow scr…:
    Having problems to its slow and annoying

19. Wadesauce
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

Wadesauce , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Hey,

I have the same issues on my OPO, as does my mom. Reboot fixes it, for a while. Seemed to happen after I filled the phone with a bunch of music (around 20gb).

Hopefully 5.0.2 fixes it

20. banubash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2015