Touch screen issues (OP7PRO_02_BETA_6)

1. abonhote
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2019

abonhote , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Hi all

First time poster here. I love my OP7PRO so far, but my touch screen drives me crazy.

There are basically two things:

1. My device taps on my screen.

I'm not joking. After experiencing weird behaviour in certain apps, I turned on "show taps" in the developer options and watched my screen. And, yes, there are taps that were not initiated by me. I don't have teamviewer or something nasty running, nor is my device pwned. The taps mostly happen in the upper part of the screen, say 1-2cm from the top (where some apps have a back arrow).

2. Sometimes parts of my screen are unresponsible to taps.

Here, too, the first 2 cm of the screen are affected, but here only the right part of it (where some apps have the 3 dots).

My first thought was "hardware problem" - but both problems can be solved with a reboot. After a while they show up again, though.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?

Cheers

André

2. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Dec 4, 2019

Gav_W86 , Dec 4, 2019 :
    as it says in the beta test release post:
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

3. abonhote
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019