Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbamrox
    Gingerbread May 5, 2015

tbamrox , May 5, 2015 :
    Update 2:
    been around 3-4 weeks now.
    no problems registered so far.
    in pocket,in sunlight,fast typing markers on same axis.all working fine till now.
    even on the latest 17L update.
    so m kinda hoping now that my prob was maybe software related which vanished on its own after cm12s update.

Do note that i have installed SGS touch screen booster app(as suggested by other members)
    also enabled FORCE GPU RENDERING in developer option(also suggested by others)
    P.S it didnt help at first but after cm12s update and these two things running,m not experiencing any touch issues,for now.:)

BTW m using a local 2.5$ tempered glass on my opo.

tbc1085 likes this.
  2. sandOnePlus
    Eclair May 5, 2015

sandOnePlus , May 5, 2015 :
    Ran some errands around town today (outside temp ~72F) while playing music and the phone would randomly pause the songs every few seconds, maybe due to the lockscreen play/pause features. Wasn't sure if it was the headphones until I discovered this thread, among others.

Just went for a walk a few mins ago, temperatures dropped to ~45F and had no problem.

OPO team, I finally got CM12 and was genuinely happy with how modern this phone became. This touch problem turned this "Flagship killer" into a seasonal piece of garbage. If the problem is really weather related then I am definitely not looking forward to being out of a phone all summer. Please fix this issue instead of screwing around with Drones and your other nonsense. This is quite a big deal and its obviously affecting a lot of your customers.

wrezanoor likes this.
  3. rictay22
    Cupcake May 5, 2015

rictay22 , May 5, 2015 :
    Hello I just change to cm12 And start having issued woth the phone... Havent issues before

4. Wahoux
    Lollipop May 5, 2015

Wahoux , May 5, 2015 :
    It's possible that a software can affect an hardware part of the phone?
    Sorry for my bad english :s

5. mramirkhan
    Honeycomb May 5, 2015

mramirkhan , May 5, 2015 :
    Yes because the software drives (controls) the hardware

6. rigo
    Eclair May 5, 2015

rigo , May 5, 2015 :
    It is definitly heat related. My phone overheated once and all problems began since then. They stop I I'm in the cold. As soon as I'm in the sun, the touchscreen problems start. Man I'm pissed, I believed in the product, but it's just another Chinese crap phone. I think every phone will brake after awhile, so RMA doesn't make sense. Opo is too inexperienced look at the guy who opened up the phone and fixed the issue, Opo banned him from the forum. Good old chinese censor procedures.

ronron428, denisk and breidi like this.
  7. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 5, 2015

rarog , May 5, 2015 :
    Just my 2 cents. I believe, that this is jus heat related and not on all devices. My OPO (bought in July 2014) didn't have this issue so far. And this isn't directly related to COS12 update.
    1) In the northern hemisphere summer begins and temperatures are rising.
    2) After the update to COS12 ART cache is regenerated, which takes its time to generate and uses CPU, so during this procedure your OPO might become hot - other factors like sunlight on it or warm isolating bag around it can make this worse.

8. Pizzatroll
    Froyo May 5, 2015

Pizzatroll , May 5, 2015 :
    Okay, The technical support just replied sending me a "NEW and UPDATED software patch we have prepared which will fix your issue automatically"..... Thats the second batch file they send me. Did someone tried that patch ?

9. Mono_
    Froyo May 5, 2015

aaanonymous likes this.
  10. breidi
    Froyo May 5, 2015

breidi , May 5, 2015 :
    sadly they started with a good idea but their customer support breaks it. they will conceal everything behind software. it took them a year to fix the problem by the way. i got the phone built after 8 months from when the issue was common and still they didn't resolve it.

11. DriesDh
    Donut May 5, 2015

DriesDh , May 5, 2015 :
    They sent it to me as well, I haven't tried it yet though. Curious if it works!

12. cmarche
    Cupcake May 5, 2015

cmarche , May 5, 2015 :
    Hi,

I got the same yesterday. Tested it but no changes so far.
    However, I may be naive, but as it is still pretty new it may worth the shot to try it on your device - but don't put too much hopes in it :)

good luck !

13. DriesDh
    Donut May 5, 2015

DriesDh , May 5, 2015 :
    They sent it to me as well, I haven't tried it yet though. Curious if it works!

14. Amysthys
    Honeycomb May 5, 2015

Amysthys , May 5, 2015 :
    Every digitizer are made by the same manufacter or OnePlus use differents manufacters? Cause even in hot weather, i don't have any issues

15. mendozavaz
    Froyo May 5, 2015

mendozavaz , May 5, 2015 :
    After sending them videos, pictures, tried two fixes they have sent, etc. their next email is this:

Is this a joke? Is "Kian" laughting at me?

Fleder-Maus likes this.
  16. Ricksey
    Froyo May 5, 2015

Ricksey , May 5, 2015 :
    I have had the ghost issue and submitted a ticket with this video and their response was:

"Good day and thanks for reaching out!
    I feel sad to hear that you are experiencing problem with your One.
    Could you please at least provide a clear video showing the problem. "

It's not the best video but surely it demonstrates the ghost touches on the D key? I've even taken it in slow motion.

17. rigo
    Eclair May 5, 2015

rigo , May 5, 2015 :
    So the best countermeasure is to open a RMA ticket guys? How long did it take for those who got a new phone? And why some people get new phones and some only get some funky software patch?

Because if I have to make videos too, that's a joke they already know that the issue exists. Regretting buying it.

Thanks in advance!

18. Pizzatroll
    Froyo May 5, 2015

Okay I will try it later but it looks like it is the same as the first batch file but with a different Name...

19. Pizzatroll
    Froyo May 5, 2015

Okay I will try it later but it looks like it is the same as the first batch file but with a different Name...

20. BLNKN
    Froyo May 5, 2015

BLNKN , May 5, 2015 :
    This thread was started in november. Believe me when I say it has nothing to do with the CM12 update.

DinkoDes and masgum like this.