Touch Screen Issues - We're Listening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hgontier
    Eclair Apr 24, 2015

hgontier , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Had this since beginning. California. 30C and higher and my phone was not responsive. Putting it in my pocket when it was 25-30C outside was doing the same. So much energy and time spent with OP supports. Took me 2 months to have them accept an RMA. To be refunded ? NO, only after 15 days, sorry ! RMA procedure is terrible. 2-3 weeks once the phone ships back to HK. Mine left my home 3 days ago and is not yet in the plane to HK. A week lost. Thank you TNT and OP Cust service. They have a warehouse in California to ship phones to customers but RMA goes via HK, analysis and if everything goes well a replacement. When I told them that they have a LOOONNNNGGG way to go to kill the flagship with its insalenly good cust service and that I could not be without a phone for 3 weeks they wrote me this incredible thing:
    "Please turn to your beloved family members/friends for help during the absence of a working OPO, appreciate your understanding."... This obviously shows the immaturity of the Customer Service at OP. I love OP but do regret everyday to have bought this phone simply because it never worked in 2 months... When I see the popularity of the Touchscreen issue on this blog I feel that OP is not admitting what they know.... A big big batch was procuded with a major flaw.... They should replace those phones asap to turn sadness and anger into evangelism and pride. They prefer to do a great brand movie instead of helping customers with love. Disappointing.

Rolodex likes this.
  2. willxhunting
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

willxhunting , Apr 24, 2015 :
    I tried to RMA mine after living through it insufferably and now they're telling me my warranty is not valid because I don't have a sticker on one of the screws. I've never opened the phone or tried to replace or fix anything and I can't believe I have a dud. I'm pretty sure my phone was never new to begin with and I probably got a refurbished model. @Cat H if you are really interested in helping out, please try to resolve this for me. I'm pissed off and angry of being accused of doing something I didn't when the sticker was never there in the first place and it seems like OnePlus is just trying to back out of their warranty. I'm not the only person that this has happened to. I'm finding more and more posts about CUSTOMERS who are called LIARS by OnePlus. How is that service? How is this even ethical business wise? You guys have got to come through on this or we might as well call you guys out on this #neversettle mantra of yours.

3. Jumpman23
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

4. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2015

5. Patricilia
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

Patricilia , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Hm interesting. However i am experiencing problems to wake my phone with the double tap. I think this happened sometime after the 2nd update. It doesnt respond at all. Its only worked about 3-4 times in total. :( I've checked the setting as well and reactivated it but no change. The latest update did no change.

6. stevoen
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2015

stevoen , Apr 24, 2015 :
    When is it called 'touchscreen issues?' A few times a day the touchscreen is reacting 50%, but when I lock and unlock my device everything is OK.

7. MylesMor
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

MylesMor , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Really hope it's not all the TPK panels as mine shows up as 2, but have had no issues as of yet. Getting kind of worried now though...

8. matthias.v
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

matthias.v , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Yup i got number 2, touchscreen problems started 2 weeks ago. mailing with oneplus now.

9. Madhawk1995
    Eclair Apr 24, 2015

Madhawk1995 , Apr 24, 2015 :
    I have number 2 as well. Thats the TPK. Touchscreen issues started to show up about 3 days ago.

10. laky_boss
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

laky_boss , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I have number 1 and I have had issues since I got the phone in december.

They are not very severe, but pretty annoying.

11. HairyMilkshakes
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

HairyMilkshakes , Apr 25, 2015 :
    One thing's for sure - the touch never settles and jumps all over the place.

marhensa and MaximCRO like this.
  12. voltvegas
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

voltvegas , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Could a grounded digitizer cause an issue involving the display? I've got these weird vertical lines that popped up about 9 hours into my first day owning the phone. They kind of gradually do a ten second fade-in when I turn my screen on.

upload_2015-4-24_22-46-25.png

On the bright side, my touch screen works fine.

Edit: Also, I've had no yellow tint since I got it.

Attached Files:

13. Kefkaticfanatic
    Eclair Apr 25, 2015

Kefkaticfanatic , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I've had issues since I bought the device last fall, just ran the cat line and got "2" for the TPK panel.

14. JakeSpleen
    Froyo Apr 25, 2015

JakeSpleen , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Seems 90% of people with issues have tpk, with some wintek. Source a reddit post i made, not very scientific but heres the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/33r5pj/if_you_have_touch_issues_please_post_your_touch/

Wonder if this explains why the grounding fix only works for some people and not others. Maybe it fixes wintek and not tpk, or vice versa?

15. JakeSpleen
    Froyo Apr 25, 2015

JakeSpleen , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Any chance of an actual recent update?

16. Vivera
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

Vivera , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Just did the test. Also got a tpk. Problems started yesterday and wont get better

17. effgee
    Froyo Apr 25, 2015

effgee , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Mine is TPK #2, purchased in November. I have big time touchscreen problems. 100% reproducible.

18. mrapoc
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

mrapoc , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I have an open ticket going nowhere too. 100% reproducible here. Quite unusable at times.

Tried diff ROM, stock ROM, removed and broke my screen protector. Phone has been protected since day one so is mint.

Flashed back to factory using the reset tool. No better. Heat makes it worse...in Egypt on hols it started clicking all over the place and calling contacts turning torch on and off!

So yeh the test revealed screen code 2. I wonder if running a stress test making the phone hot will demonstrate the problem getting worse

Charlie3 likes this.
  19. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

RideBike , Apr 25, 2015 :
    https://oneplus.net/uk/privacy-and-legal
    in that case i misread it!
    "OnePlus phones purchased on oneplus.net come with a limited warranty of 1 year, and a second year is covered by EU consumer laws, starting from the date of delivery"

20. medvednic
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

medvednic , Apr 25, 2015 :
    TPK (2) Screen - touch issues started about a month ago, phone was purchased on October 2014.