Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. CopierColler Froyo Aug 6, 2014

CopierColler, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Wow finally. When did you send them a ticket ?
    The grounding issue is not the worst since we don't usually use 10 fingers at once :D. The worst is when the screen freezes and becomes totally unresponsive and this makes me sick.

In their replies, I don't see where they said ok for your replacement...

Indeed, OnePlus One is the best phone I've ever had and I don't want another phone but a replacement. But this touch screen issue coupled with lack of communication is really disturbing.

bdithug likes this.
  2. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I've submitted the ticket at 2 August, their first reply was 4 August.

I'm sorry but I've not the problem of the "freezing touchscreen" mine two phones are working well, grounding bug a part!

They can't do replacement, because, like the reply said: ALL PHONES have this problem of GROUNDING, I think they must do an hardware revision, for that they ask me to wait!

And If is like I think, for an hardware revision we must wait 2 month (or more).
    For example, LG with LG G2, they do am hardware revision after 4 months.

3. orestis Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

orestis, Aug 6, 2014 :
    The support team it is acually offers support on this problem will see the results in the near future ,I hope

BadCluster likes this.
  4. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

I hope too!!

5. CopierColler Froyo Aug 6, 2014

So... This means people with freezing touch screen will be stuck with their bugging One ? :(
    Then if I ever get an answer, I'll be asking for a full refund...

Too bad, I loved this phone :'(

6. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

I don't know, I've ask about grounding not freezing one.
    Maybe for this problem they can repair it or replace it!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

CopierColler likes this.
  7. CopierColler Froyo Aug 6, 2014

Yeah I know, don't worry :)
    Time will tell us :)

Edit: Do any of you think freezing touch screen can be fixed with another ROM, or is it also a hardware issue ?

8. orestis Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

orestis, Aug 6, 2014 :
    So the problems so far is :

1) touch sensitivity, ghost swipes - software problem fix:http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/kernel-ghost-swipes-tentative-fix-t2839378

2)ghost touches maybe software but we are not sure and maybe the fix for the ghost swipes can help

3)gounding issues hardware problem all opo have it, fix: op working on it hope will see soon

And 4)one part of the touchscreen is not responding at all, aka freezing issue ,we don't now anything at all about that

9. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Orestis, can you explain to me about this problem?
    Can I do some test for see if my phone is affected?

10. orestis Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

orestis, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I don't have the problem but I have watch videos of people having this. I will try to find one and post it in this thread

11. Joonas Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Joonas, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Once my One stopped responding to any touches but started working after locking and unlocking the screen

12. cedalone Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

cedalone, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I think the issue when you completly loose touch comes from software because it woks again when you reboot your phone. I had this issue and i had to force the power off and all was OK after. I had this issue at least once a week (got my One for a month now, but it's a chinese version ) i m pretty sure that it will be fixed in the next ota.
    But it s not the same issue that badcluster has with his One(dead area on his touchscreen), and for that issue, i think the best is refund if you don't want an other One.
    It's sad because i think this phone is really cool when it works (which is most of time for me)
    I think it's just because it is the beginning for opo, and i hope everything will be ok for everybody soon...and i'm still waiting for an invite BTW, from may 19th ;)

13. CopierColler Froyo Aug 6, 2014

I have all those issues on mine.
    The freezing touchscreen happens way too often to me. For no reason, the screen becomes completely unavailable for operations. I have to lock the phone for a few minutes or to reboot in order to have it back. But even after doing this, it sometimes goes crazy and it starts having ghost touches, really annoying.
    But overall, I noticed some loss of sensitivity on the screen since I have the phone.

14. cedalone Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

cedalone, Aug 6, 2014 :
    humm, i first think the total loose of touchscreen could come from heat of my phone, but it's not. I've played game for more than two hours today and touch still ok. I really believe it's software....
    @CopierColler : i did not notice loss of sensitivity, mine just loose touch sometime, but when it works, it seems to be like the first day.....

15. Joonas Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Joonas, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Your signature says you're hoping for a replacement, but in this case it seems that it wouldn't help you at all

16. CopierColler Froyo Aug 6, 2014

@cedalone Yeah, you're right. It seems to happen very randomly. I was playing Ingress during 1 hour under the sun and I got no problem.

@Joonas You're unfortunately right, I'm going to change it.

17. Montalbert Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Montalbert, Aug 6, 2014 :
    i'm hoping for my money back at this stage- it appears hopeless. A Klick/MiKey in the headphones allows 2 finger gestures but i still have the typing issues.

Should have bought a G3. I'll give it a few more days before cutting my losses and selling the OPO on ebay

CopierColler likes this.
  18. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 6, 2014

rarog, Aug 6, 2014 :
    So far I haven't be able to reproduce the touch insensitivity when my OPO lies on a table. I'll try the painting program soon to see, if multitouch is also affected on my device.

19. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

The typing issue could be resolve with an update.
    Why I know that?
    Because in a Zopo phone (zp980) that have the same problem, they have fix it with an update!!!

20. cedalone Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

cedalone, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I really think this phone is "in development" at this stage. We all are testers as first owners. I understand those who are disappointed but i think people should really think of that, considering opo is not Samsung or Apple or any big company before buying this device....and taking issues with calm.
    BTW, the good thing is even with all issues i had since i got it, i still like my One and i would not exchange it for an other phone. :)