Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 6, 2014 :
    If the table is conductive there isn't any problem.
    Put in a table of glass or an eco-pelle (eco-skin in English????) sofa, and you'd able to reproduce the problem.
    Don't touch only, try to do a zoom in-out

2. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Nop :D

3. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Nice! ..soon I'll receive the phone and try to "play" with back cover with copper adhesive tape to see if it can be solved easily..

BadCluster likes this.
  4. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 6, 2014

rarog, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Ok, im not sure if plastic or wood (actually laminated pressed wood) is conductive enough or not to observe this. I'll have to look for a horizontal glass area to test on it.

5. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

deuse, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Well support just got back to me but think it's a keyboard problem :mad:
    I have written back with more links to this multi touch problem.
    How can they get the two problems confused?

6. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I think you must explically write: GHOST TOUCH and give them a link from wikipedia XD

7. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

deuse, Aug 6, 2014 :

But I haven't got ghost touch. There is a app to try for it. They already have links to videos.
    I'm coming to the conclusion they are just dumb.

4thBAN likes this.
  8. lanxinger Froyo Aug 6, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 6, 2014 :
    no it can't. Installed PA and having the same issue right after a clean flash. :(

9. Maxximuscool Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

Maxximuscool, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Awesome bro. Was worrying about this too.
    But great that they responded to you and now I guess we all will be receiving a replacement back cover which has more copper printed on the inside.

Thanks bro.

Say hello to copper tape. Going to need to pop it the back cover open and stick the tape on the inside of the back cover. Very good solution.

saucy likes this.
  10. cedalone Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

cedalone, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Ok but PA is not an official ROM from opo. I think nobody knows for the moment if total loose of touch comes from software but i think it is because it is OK after a reboot... this is just m'y opinion.

11. lanxinger Froyo Aug 6, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I tried CM11 nightly as well and SlimKat. same issues still persist. I highly doubt its fixable with a software update. Something is seriously wrong with the device.

12. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 6, 2014

rarog, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Probably same kernel with same drivers is used independent of the ROM, so if a bug is fixed in the software in kernel, it will be fixed once. And don't forget that many hardware issues were later fixed by software. Even today hardware firmware is fixing issues with microcodes. And hey, does anyone remember Intel's FDIV bug?

13. hongphooey Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

hongphooey, Aug 6, 2014 :
    It definitely affects my daily use. During lunch time I like to put my phone on the table to read stuff, catch up on social networks and the like. The grounding issue affects the simple scrolling of pages. I'll accidentally double tap when I'm scrolling or tap into a profile that, again, I was just scrolling.

14. Ashkael Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Ashkael, Aug 6, 2014 :
    i feel sorry for Us, so much trouble for this phone...first the yellow band that we must deal with it, then no stereo speaker, now touch issues.....I hope this is all, cause problems starts to surface once time pass by

orestis likes this.
  15. Ashkael Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Ashkael, Aug 6, 2014 :
    My phone can read 4-5 fingers on a pillow..i dont have problems with zoom

16. cedalone Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

cedalone, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Totaly agree with you. Actualy nobody can confirm were comes from the issue "no touch on screen "witch it s diffrent from the "grounding" issue imo.

17. lanxinger Froyo Aug 6, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 6, 2014 :
    you are probably right. At least I hope you are. There was a guy on XDA that compiled a kernel with the standard driver. I tried it and it still didn't solve my issues however.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/kernel-ghost-swipes-tentative-fix-t2839378

I am hoping too that a software fix might fix it but I am not betting my horses on it ....

The CM team is definitely working on it:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/69852/

what is weird though is that the issue didn't start happening until after one month of daily usage. I have a feeling that the product hardware and software wasn't properly tested before pushing it out to the customers. I get it that they are a new company but this is a show stopper bug.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

deuse likes this.
  18. namit_shah Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

namit_shah, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing your view. Actually I do not have that scroll problem my OPO works well ..That's why I write it.

19. xchris Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

xchris, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I don't own a One but i think that grounding depends on local humidity conditions so everyone has a different experience also in different times..

Maybe it works better in wet air than dry...
    Just an idea... Try it in different conditions
    Bye

20. disellusional Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

disellusional, Aug 6, 2014 :
    So they want to keep your money while you have defective phones with a sometime down the road they'll fix it