Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. 4thBAN Donut Aug 6, 2014

4thBAN, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Give a try with colorOS, wondering nobody from china encounter same issue...

2. 4thBAN Donut Aug 6, 2014

4thBAN, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Wondering what's staff explanation after 39 pages of thread on the issue... Did they ever post anything in it?

3. Joonas Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Joonas, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Some answers via private messages but nothing else yet

4thBAN likes this.
  4. lanxinger Froyo Aug 6, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Nil. A "we are aware of the issues being reported and are working on a fix, ..... " would have been appreciated.

4thBAN and meplusthree1 like this.
  5. xchris Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

xchris, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Admitting an (obvious) hardware problem is not so simple... As they should give back money. They won't.

Maybe they will fix it with a special designed backcover , i don't know... But i really hope for you. (I did in time and cancelled my order)

The yellowish display is bad but is almost acceptable.. A malfunctioning touch display is unusable. It's garbage.

6. 4thBAN Donut Aug 6, 2014

4thBAN, Aug 6, 2014 :
    But answering like :
    Thanks for the info! We have indeed been able to reproduce the problem, and it becomes resolved by plugging in headphones as well. Unfortunately, this seems to be reproducible on all OnePlus One devices.
    And seeing users who said they have no problem to whom should you believe ?

7. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

deuse, Aug 6, 2014 :
    Just heard back and

"
    Andy Zhang (OnePlus)
    Aug 07 02:04
    Hi Deuse,
    We've recently realized that all OnePlus One devices have this problem, and we're actively working on a solution to fix this. As a temporary workaround, if your phone is plugged in via USB or the headphone jack is plugged, earthing is no issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    - Andy "

You couldn't make that up. I'm so mad about all this.

8. 98ss Eclair Aug 6, 2014

98ss, Aug 6, 2014 :
    [Qdon't E="cedalone, post: 3792101, member: 51464"]I really think this phone is "in development" at this stage. We all are testers as first owners. I understand those who are disappointed but i think people should really think of that, considering opo is not Samsung or Apple or any big company before buying this device....and taking issues with calm.
    BTW, the good thing is even with all issues i had since i got it, i still like my One and i would not exchange it for an other phone. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't mind paying to become beta-tester for hot girls, not a damn cell phone.

Corvus, 4thBAN and xchris like this.
  9. Giulio1995 Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Giulio1995, Aug 6, 2014 :
    @BadCluster, maybe you can suggest them to make an alternative back cover that solve the issue and to send it for free to the users experiencing the problem. It would be less expensive than replacing every single phone.

orestis likes this.
  10. hongphooey Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

hongphooey, Aug 6, 2014 :
    I have 2 OPOs and I started an RMA on one of them.. but if they can figure out a fix then they can prevent me from RMAing that one I guess. I wont be happy till things get fixed

11. Maxximuscool Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Maxximuscool, Aug 7, 2014 :
    My guess is probably related to the antenna? or the NFC. Can someone take the battery cover off and try this on a table.

12. Airbus Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Airbus, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I have the same typing issue as sometimes the word is total garbage compared to what I have entered. It's not even close sometimes.

My other issue the phones screen is totally unresponsive to any touch. I have had it on the lock screen requiring my pass code and nothing. It will not register a touch. If it does it is like a 9 instead of a 3 or something else.

Tried reboot and nothing.

Thanks op for the post and will follow this thread.

I have opened an RMA but not holding much hope.

13. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I've do it!

14. Maxximuscool Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Maxximuscool, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Post your fix here. We need it :D
    My theory is to put copper tape around the edge of the phone or on the back cover

15. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 7, 2014 :
    wait, maybe this is a misunderstanstandin, I've suggest to OPO to do a revisited backcover for fix the problem!

16. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

smauri likes this.
  17. Maxximuscool Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

18. 4thBAN Donut Aug 7, 2014

4thBAN, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Have u taken out the back cover and try if same issue happen? If not can u please try and let us know?

lje likes this.
  19. Ag_andrea Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

20. bobby2005 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

bobby2005, Aug 7, 2014 :
    All, but most users didn't notice it