Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

deuse, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I think they will fix this with a new back cover or a plug for the headphone socket.

2. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 7, 2014 :
    True, I don't think they rewrite the kernel :p

P.S. About the grounding issue I don't think they can simple mask it with software. Although it might help a bit

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

3. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 7, 2014 :
    That would be cheap to them than getting tons of RMA's and replacing just the back cover

4. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 7, 2014

rarog, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Yeah, even Apple had Antennagate which led to solution of giving away free bumpers to customers.

5. lanxinger Froyo Aug 7, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I just hope they will come out with an official statement on this matter soon. I really love the One but as for now I had to settle with my good old Nexus 5.

6. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Official recognition of the grounding problem should make many customers happy, don't get me wrong ..I prefer a company that says ..ok we have an issue rather than trying to prove us we're idiots

P.S. I still don't have OPO in my hands but I'm expecting it sometime next week

7. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

deuse, Aug 7, 2014 :

I've already posted one. They say I can send it back if I want to.

kurtmieville likes this.
  8. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 7, 2014 :
    So if someone complains they would refund him? ..that's not the way

They should create a thread regarding this even if they can't currently fix it

EDIT:
    So if we use the 3.5mm audio jack to put speakers, headphones etc the grounding issue is solved(as some said) - hmm I might try this thing:

[​IMG]
    It's a 3.5mm dust cap(stainless steel) it firmly stays in place, it's not a perfect solution but if it solves the issue I'll consider it

P.S. I'll try to use copper adhesive tape first and if it doesn't work I'll try this one (if these work, OnePlus should be able to provide us these ..if they care about us, although it's not perfect - they cost about 1.5E or 2$ but if OP get 10.000 it would cost them 30 cents or less to them)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

shimi269 likes this.
  9. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

deuse, Aug 7, 2014 :

I'm trying to find a 3.5mm Plug Mobile Smart Shortcut Key for Android Phone in the UK.
    But no luck as yet.

10. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I've seen one in the past(don't remember any link) also a kickstarter project about one. I really don't care if oneplus provides a simple metallic dust cap, they can call it a feature ..as long as it solves grounding issues

11. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

deuse, Aug 7, 2014 :

You can buy them in the usa or china but not in the UK :(
    I've asked 1+ to see if they can get them cheap for us the button one that is.

12. lanxinger Froyo Aug 7, 2014

13. Azci Donut Aug 7, 2014

Azci, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Has anybody tried yet to add copper tape or aluminium foil under the back cover to prevent the grounding issue?

14. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Here, they send from Italy: http://www.amazon.it/Hello-Klick-Pr...?ie=UTF8&qid=1407408466&sr=8-1&keywords=mikey

And Here (I don't know from where): http://www.amazon.co.uk/in4dealz-Kl...?ie=UTF8&qid=1407408513&sr=8-2&keywords=klick

Please read few previous pages, and you'll understand all!!!

15. PreRegistracie123 Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

BadCluster likes this.
  16. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

17. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 7, 2014 :
    It is suppose to fix grounding issues (not ghosting issue), when you receive it let us know. Next week when I'll receive the phone I'll work on grounding issue with copper/alu tapes

18. PreRegistracie123 Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

PreRegistracie123, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Thanks. I ordered mine yesterday, but it sometimes takes them more than 15 days to deliver to my country, so maybe you get it first. :)

19. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Have you any idea that how works the official post in italy?
    I really hope to receive it in one month... but I've a lot of doubts!

LOL

It's 2 weeks that I wait a cover that I've buy in amazon with RoyalMail... I really hope to receive it and I hope that they don't have lost my parcel...

20. Ag_andrea Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Ag_andrea, Aug 7, 2014 :
    So whom commented saying not having is just trolling?