Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. BadCluster Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

BadCluster, Aug 7, 2014 :
    They wrong to do the test!!!
    A lot of people in italian forum wrong how to do it.
    After explain to them exactly how to do it: 100% have this problem!

bobby2005 likes this.
  2. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

deuse, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I had a 3.5 jack with 1ft length lead on and it worked [​IMG]
    So I cut off the lead at the jack...doesn't work [​IMG] god knows what 1+ will do.

So based on that I think the smart jack won't work either.

Abhijeet357 and BadCluster like this.
  3. bobby2005 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

bobby2005, Aug 7, 2014 :
    The same in bulgarian forums also here in bg thread. 100% reports for this issue. And nobody manage to get more than 4 touches in one time :(

BadCluster likes this.
  4. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 7, 2014

fengfenglee, Aug 7, 2014 :
    this is definitely a design flaw with the screen laying on top of something that overheats quickly. Why?
    1. problem don't occur when you receive your new phone, most cases happen after 2-4 weeks of usage.
    2. problem starts out infrequently but gradually becomes more and more frequent. On the Chinese forum ppl are not reporting a malfunction of the screen > 50 times a day, basically makes the phone unusable (you can't even answer a call when it comes in because the screen won't swipe, you can certainly forget about playing games because it overheats in less than 10 mins making the whole screen malfunction.
    3. problem doesn't tend to occur when the phone is cool.
    4. there is currently no real way to solve this issue, flashing different ROM/OS does NOT help. Only way you can solve this issue in China is to get a new phone as replacement, but it's highly likely that the problem will occur again after a few weeks.

I am not only talking the grounding issue, but also the "ghost swipes" and "part of the screen go completely dead" and "swiping motion breaks half way" etc.

if you read Chinese you can read it here:
    http://www.oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=448392&extra=page=1&filter=typeid&typeid=33

5. dkoenig Donut Aug 7, 2014

dkoenig, Aug 7, 2014 :
    I am having a similar issue with the screen not responding. I do not *know* it is happening when the phone is hot. It also seems to go away after a bit. I am wondering if there is a process running that is causing the issue, and when it completes, the issue goes away.

6. Ag_andrea Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Ag_andrea, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Thanks for the clarification so for sure have to say that whom doesn't seen the problems is cause they wrong test it...
    Let's see soon how OP will solve and if they admit on this thread..

7. bdithug Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

bdithug, Aug 7, 2014 :
    The grounding issue effects ALL OnePlus phones. OnePlus confirmed it. So anyone who says otherwise either got lucky with a "technically defective device" if you can say that lol.

Ghost swipes OnePlus has stated will be fixed via OTA.

Screen not responding is up in air. OnePlus is aware of it, but probably doesn't know what is causing it.

dkoenig likes this.
  8. foxblur Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

foxblur, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Can you link to where OP confirmed this issue?

9. Ag_andrea Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Ag_andrea, Aug 7, 2014 :
    They didn't ! Someone posted a mail from Andy in this thread few pages back...

foxblur likes this.
  10. lanxinger Froyo Aug 7, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Exactly. A private email reposted by one entity is NOT an official stance by OnePlus.

11. bigbossmaher Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

12. bigbossmaher Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

bigbossmaher, Aug 7, 2014 :
    i have recieved an invitation today .. does that mean that they fix the screen problem, ?

13. BerndR Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

BerndR, Aug 7, 2014 :
    No, it just means they are done with the backlog and can accept new orders.

14. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 7, 2014

rarog, Aug 7, 2014 :
    That's not a logical assumption.

15. eff Froyo Aug 7, 2014

eff, Aug 7, 2014 :
    My ghost/phantom touches, a bit extreme and I think laughable.

bobby2005, lanxinger and grrremlin like this.
  16. mrus Eclair Aug 7, 2014

mrus, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Regarding the grounding issue: It's funny, I just tested it on the OPPO Find 7 and is has exactly the same issue. It looks like grounding is being done through the frame, so as long as your other hand touches it, multitouch works just fine. But as soon as you put it down on the table, multitouch stops working with the third of fourth finger.

When plugging in headphones, this issue disappears on the OPPO. It looks like One Plus simply copied *everything* from OPPO's hardware design plans, even the malfunctions, and built a new appearance around the bare hardware.

However, I haven't experienced any ghost touches with the OPPO Find 7 (running a CyanogenMod Nightly) yet. Nor did the screen had any other glitches, like yellow hues. Looks like One Plus implemented a few new issues while copying the old ones...

Abhijeet357 and crisgen like this.
  17. damian_44 Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

damian_44, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Get LG G3, Nexus 5/6, HTC M8, Xperia Z2 or something else.
    P.S. Expansys( at least the U.S. site is ) is selling last year's Play Edition phones for $400.00.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

18. pi3point142 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2014

pi3point142, Aug 8, 2014 :
    I'm kind of glad my purchase fell through when I had my invite a month or so ago. I've been keeping an eye on the forum to see how things develop with the OPO, in case I purchase one later, but things aren't looking too good at the moment.

Not seeing an easy solution to this grounding issue at the moment.

19. oneplusedgar Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

oneplusedgar, Aug 8, 2014 :
    I'm not trying to play down this issue at all because my phone does the same thing and has the yellow screen. But for me the ghost touch issue is way worse then not being able to but all fingers down on some app that will never be used. Before you say that the app proves that something is wrong with the touch screen, I get it. But I feel like we forget about the fact that my phone randomly selects shit all the time. Not to mention I can not text anything correct.

grrremlin, Quinnaay, xchris and 2 others like this.
  20. deuse Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

deuse, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Still no fix as yet then. Wonder how many pay pal disputes will start soon?

grrremlin, Quinnaay and Azci like this.