Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. CopierColler Froyo Aug 8, 2014

CopierColler, Aug 8, 2014 :
    I have received an answer to a ticket I sent last week about those issues. They offer me replacement so I said ok as long as they test the phone again.

BadCluster likes this.
  2. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 8, 2014 :
    So a 3.5mm plug won't work as it's short(needs to have a wire) so that ship sailed, only if we cover the back with copper adhesive tape ..we might have a slight chance

..damn, really damn and OnePlus still doesn't recognise this officially

P.S. I talk with one mod and he knows the issue but doesn't bother him :eek: ..no comment on fixing this ?!?!

3. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 8, 2014 :
    I don't think you'll get one "cherry" picked that's working without ghost issues(software related ..probably a kernel fix would be needed) and grounding issues(hardware issue)

P.S. You'll sure lose your time ..and money sending it back. We need OnePlus to recognise this officially and solve this(better-new back cover?)

lanxinger likes this.
  4. Quinnaay Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

Quinnaay, Aug 8, 2014 :
    I'll wait for the next Ota and debate whether or not I return my phone. Main things call volume and ghost swipes for me and the yellow band but that's not going to go

5. lanxinger Froyo Aug 8, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 8, 2014 :
    4 days and I still haven't heard a word from Customer Support after I submitted my ticket. I know it is a startup but that is simply unacceptable. If that is how you guys are treating your fans then you are not going to have a long future.

I see you clearly have enough time to continue your marketing campaign on Facebook and Google Plus praising how good the audio playback is but fail to address the issues experienced by quite a number of people here.

I think you owe us at least an acknowledgment either by replying to all users who reported it or through an official channel.

6. Abhijeet357 Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

Abhijeet357, Aug 8, 2014 :
    They are now in a self destruction mode.

bobby2005 and grrremlin like this.
  7. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 8, 2014 :

I've just posted this:

"
    Waiting for it(on it's way). Any comment on grounding issues? (I mean if you put it on a pillow and try the touch screen the device doesn't recognise more than 4 fingers at best), also there is the issue with the yellow band on the buttom(UV doesn't do anything most say that). Finally there is the ghost issue(input typing lag) and the unresponsive touch screen ..from time to time. FROM ALL the above only the unresponsive touch screen is recognised and CM team is trying to fix(on Jira). What about grounding issue? ..would you replace the back cover in order to fix it(if it can be that easy with a simple-better back cover) - Hopefully you won't delete this post, read the forum we have voice ..listen to us. Regards a customer
    "

On their facebook account

P.S. Also I just send a similar message to one of the reviewers(youtube), it's a good phone alright, it's cheap compared to competition but if it's full of issues then it's not that good. They should address the issues, that's why I've wrote this but also I won't rest until they do something. SPREAD the word WHEREVER you can, on their tweeter(I don't have tweeter account), on google+(I don't use this) or everywhere you can ..let's see if they would do something about these issues!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin and lanxinger like this.
  8. PreRegistracie123 Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

PreRegistracie123, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Come on, guys, I am sure they know about the problem and they are working on it like crazy. They are just pretending that they do not, to get some more time to fix it. If they just came here and officially say OPO has a hardware fault, who would buy the phone? That would actually be a self-destruction! In addition, they for sure have preordered a whole bunch of those faulty digitizers and cannot stop shipping them, because it's been paid already. Otherwise they would go bankrupt...

9. CrAcKeZ Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

CrAcKeZ, Aug 8, 2014 :
    They need to fix this either by masking it with a new cover back(if this is possible) or the word would spread eventually so they won't be an OnePlus Two because no one would buy a bug-full device if there is a rumor that they always have bugs ..H/W+S/W

grrremlin likes this.
  10. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    You are saying that OnePlus are knowingly selling and shipping faulty devices. Dangerous talk from an apologist!

11. PreRegistracie123 Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying!
    There's nothing else they can do.
    Even if they had had a (hardware) solution, it would have taken at least a couple of weeks for it to get into production. But they apparently don't.
    They cannot afford officially admitting the problem before they are able to ship "fixed" devices.

fengfenglee likes this.
  12. lanxinger Froyo Aug 8, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 8, 2014 :
    I would already be happy with a personal answer of any kind if they cannot admit to it officially. But even on that level they failed. 4 days and counting and no answer from their support team.

PreRegistracie123 likes this.
  13. PreRegistracie123 Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

Absolutely agree.
    Maybe the managers are so scared from the growing number of serious problems OPO has that they started to panic. And that's where all the chaos is coming from...

14. nppu Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

nppu, Aug 8, 2014 :

They have admitted it - albeit in a reply to this thread - see post #740 on page 37.
    I have no knowledge of seing a public announcement about it., but that seems normal for OPO

What Andy who is the head of 'support' said in a mail.

''Hi Samuele,

Thanks for the info! We have indeed been able to reproduce the problem, and it becomes resolved by plugging in headphones as well. Unfortunately, this seems to be reproducible on all OnePlus One devices.

We will definitely consider different measures to address this problem, and your suggestions were very welcome! Please give us some time, however, to resolve this, and I'll let you know personally via email when we find a solution. Would this be satisfactory?

Thanks!

- Andy ''

o

Off topic there is some poor user on this forum with user name Andy who has been flooded with pm's since the opo Andy was announced as head of support.

Mjt008 and grrremlin like this.
  15. nppu Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

nppu, Aug 8, 2014 :

16. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

fengfenglee, Aug 8, 2014 :
    lool what he said was so true, yes truth hurts but we are talking about a Chinese company now, things like this happen EVERYDAY in China, just a reality.

17. PreRegistracie123 Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

I am OK with them being Chinese company. Apparently they decided to take the risk of ruining their reputation (if they don't find a solution pretty soon) instead of immediately ruining their entire business. I am not Chinese, but If I were in charge of OP, I would probably do the same :oops:

lanxinger likes this.
  18. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Then you really should be ashamed of yourself!

19. shimi269 Cupcake Aug 8, 2014

shimi269, Aug 8, 2014 :
    With the grounding issue, has anyone tried putting a bit on foil inside of the back cover? Curious if this will fix the issue like it did in the video. Could work as a temporary fix

20. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Or a tin foil hat?;)

Azci likes this.