Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

fengfenglee, Aug 8, 2014 :
    you clearly don't know how to run a business if a problem as fatal as this happens, OPO only has 1 product now and it can NOT admit this kind of HW/design flaw issue to the public, they will replace the affected devices while trying to fix the issues under table, that is what all the companies do.

remember the famous Xbox 360 RROD in the early days? Exactly the same issue. How didn't M$ fixed it? Did M$ ever admit to the public that they launched a product with a huge design flaw?

PreRegistracie123 likes this.
  2. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    If a small company like OP knowingly ships defective products and the news gets out, it will go bust anyway.

Better to go down with at least some integrity intact!

lanxinger likes this.
  3. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

what does it matter if OP is a small firm or a big firm?
    point is Oneplus One phone, like the xbox 360 once was, is the only product for the company (in M$'s case their only line of product in game consoles), and admitting such issue (if that is really the case) is NOT an option.

and this has NOTHING to do with integrity, that's is simply how to keep running a business when crisis happens. technically they did NOT lie to anyone, they just didn't admit something that might be their fault.

Oh btw, I don't think OP has any PR anyways.

4. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Comparing OnePlus to Microsoft is just plain silly, as I'm sure you realise.

Microsoft had the money and muscle to dig themselves out of the hole.

OnePlus need to rely on trust. Abuse that trust and ... BOOM! No OnePlus.

5. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

lol dude, if trust is anything then M$ needs it much more than OP.
    Yes M$ had that $ and muscle to pull itself out, but why didn't it?

the concept in both cases are the same, and I hope you realize that

6. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

and Trust is the last thing OP needs now, you realize the guys behind the company are from OPPO right?

if shit really blows up and OP is down, they will simply start up another new company, launch a new phone named plusone let's say, and boom you will see cheapos jumping on it all over again.

7. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Clearly that is not true.

No one trusts Microsoft, but they are still in business. Big, very big, business.

8. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

please, just name me one company that had similar issue and admitted to the public so, you're being delusional if you think companies should admit and apologize for things like these.

the market doesn't forgive and it doesn't forget, once you admit you're done for life.

and no one trusts M$, says who? you?

9. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Funnily enough, OPPO had a problem with on the Find 7a yellow displays on the Find 7a. They admitted to the problem and replaced the faulty units. And they are still going.

I suppose they might get dragged under by OnePlus, though!

10. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    That went a bit wrong and I can't edit it, but you get what I mean...

11. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

proof??

the only thing OPPO "admitted" if you call that "admitting" is to respond the yellow tint problem: they promised to exchange your device if you are not happy with the screen that is "Too yellow"

where is your so-called "admitting"?

12. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

13. Ag_andrea Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

Ag_andrea, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Iphone 4 antenna gate apple gave away bumper for free then changed internal design... iPhone 5 lock button replaced for free after almost 2 years... Lumia 930 purple screen microsoft/nokia admitted and collect back some example to analyze the issue...

There are so many example..

grrremlin likes this.
  14. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

15. PaganRuler Donut Aug 8, 2014

PaganRuler, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Having touch issues over the last few days. Randomly goes totally unresponsive apart from bottom 1cm and a reboot doesn't always fix.

Very frustrated!

CopierColler likes this.
  16. grrremlin Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

grrremlin, Aug 8, 2014 :
    1. Replacing faulty devices for non-faulty ones is sure admission of fault.

2. You are not qualified to diagnose the cause of the fault.

3. End of.

17. lanxinger Froyo Aug 8, 2014

lanxinger, Aug 8, 2014 :
    welcome to the "club"

18. xchris Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2014

xchris, Aug 8, 2014 :
    i don't understand..
    it seems, from what i read, that in the first days everything is ok, than it begins to bad and bad.

Is it maybe for the UV cure for the yellowish band ? (exposure to sun - UV)

19. fengfenglee Froyo Aug 8, 2014

Maybe only the iPhone 4 example here makes a little bit of sense, it was a flaw but it was quickly fixed afterwards and Apple did gave out lots of free cases for initial buyers (myself included). Your other examples aren't even relevant.

20. Ag_andrea Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

Ag_andrea, Aug 8, 2014 :
    Anyway, you got what u were looking for!

grrremlin likes this.