Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. rufo99 Gingerbread Dec 1, 2014

rufo99, Dec 1, 2014 :
    I am having these issues with my phone too. Im gonna try getting a RMA

2. ahighfield KitKat Dec 1, 2014

ahighfield, Dec 1, 2014 :
    As shocked as you to find this old thread tucked away in technical support section...

carburano likes this.
  3. Yogi03 Cupcake Dec 2, 2014

Yogi03, Dec 2, 2014 :
    Has anyone experienced massive lag with the capacitive buttons (especially the home button)? I've tried 3 different roms and issue is still apparent. When I press the home key there is a good 2seconds before the screen reacts. This is not the case with the on screen buttons. I have a feeling its due to the glass screen protector, but just checking here before I rip it off as it was quite pricey

4. elioraz Donut Dec 9, 2014

Dimsumm likes this.
  5. wjagodfrey Cupcake Dec 17, 2014

wjagodfrey, Dec 17, 2014 :
    Adding my support. Along with all of the issues mentioned here. EVERY SINGLE ONE, my phone also occasionally just keeps on tapping in the same place for a full minute. With tap-to-wake enabled, it wakes my screen up, then double taps on my home screen and puts it to sleep, etc etc on and on and on.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*** ONE PLUS - this has been an issue for months! 7 months? Just get it fixed already!

6. Dimsumm Froyo Dec 17, 2014

Dimsumm, Dec 17, 2014 :
    Ok so i had this issue where every 3 seconds or so when typing any message anywhere my screen would jump to minimize. I guess this is a reaction of the problem described above.

I wen't searching @ Config > langueage and input > then choose the clickable slider at your active keyboard > scroll all the way down and choose advanced user settings > scroll down again and you will notice a "delay button" option, this will be at 300ms, slide it to 450 or so. I haven't had a problem since no matter how fast i type or touch. Can anyone verify this ?

7. nick__90 Cupcake Dec 28, 2014

nick__90, Dec 28, 2014 :
    hi guys, i'm experiencing the same problem of you since yesterday...tried to flash other roms etc but nothing working..i bought my phone from ebay (hong kong, i live in australia), what can i do? is there a fast way to solve the problem? i can't stay without the phone now, do you think is better if i buy a new one or what? is the problem fixed for the new devices (actually mine has only one month...) thanks

8. yuvy555 Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

9. Ancognito Eclair Jan 19, 2015

Ancognito, Jan 19, 2015 :
    Same problem i'm facing. The phone was awesome for like about 3 months then suddenly the touchscreen problems came out of nowhere... Typing has become almost impossible...really disappointed :(

House_Maniac likes this.
  10. razvant Eclair Jan 19, 2015

razvant, Jan 19, 2015 :
    With OnePlus Two around the corner and more than 8 months passed by since OnePlus One was released, I think it's safe to assume that this issue will never be fixed.
    There are also reports that phones with build dates of December suffer from the same issues. Maybe they'll get it fixed in their OnePlus Two but I won't hold my breath.
    It's a pity.

druhcuur and sqahmad17 like this.
  11. carburano Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2015

carburano, Jan 19, 2015 :
    the worst thing is that they never will never told us the truth... yesterday i filled the survey.... the only thing i need from oneplus is customer service, reliability and sincerity

12. KaranSeth02 Froyo Jan 22, 2015

KaranSeth02, Jan 22, 2015 :

It happened to me in 3 months as well and I was frustrated and annoyed (I also got 1 dead pixel within 1 week). But living in Australia, I can't do much and I always knew I would be losing out on my warranty. However, I tried the steps below for the touch sensitivity issues and it is almost fixed...

U need to have rooted your phone and installed SU prior though... Luckily, the first thing i did on my phone was root and install it so the chances of losing data after using it are slim.

From Phone:
    1. Install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en
    2. Open, type "su". Ensure it says root@A0001 or something like that.
    3. Paste this command in: cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test
    4. Press enter.
    5. Should be done, no need to reboot.

Update - 23/01/2014
    I don't think it worked.. or it is back again.. not sure!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

Ancognito likes this.
  13. Ancognito Eclair Jan 23, 2015

14. mschipperheyn Gingerbread Jan 25, 2015

15. Ridersinc Cupcake Feb 8, 2015

Ridersinc, Feb 8, 2015 :
    I am facing the same issue and if I don't get it resolved I am taking them to consumer court for sure.

16. Cgprada Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

Cgprada, Feb 13, 2015 :
    Hi everyone.

I would like to ask if you still have the same problems with the touch screen despite you have installed the latest operating system update with compilation date of January 28, 2015?

17. MarwiN Gingerbread Feb 14, 2015

MarwiN, Feb 14, 2015 :
    What workaround?

18. fulviods Cupcake Feb 25, 2015

fulviods, Feb 25, 2015 :
    I'm really tired of this issue.... when typing every x seconds the app is automatically minimized ...

19. direwolf Donut Mar 12, 2015

direwolf, Mar 12, 2015 :
    same issue - the touchscreen just goes either dead or completely nuts.
    even rebooting the phone is rather difficult. I noticed it always happens when I use Google Play Music (audio app)

House_Maniac likes this.
  20. Gauravtheonly1 Froyo Mar 22, 2015

Gauravtheonly1, Mar 22, 2015 :
    Facing the same issue after 3 months of Complete peace and happiness. After reading almost all threads I feel it will never be solved, as oneplus team is not even accepting that there is an issue. Pity for all loyalists. I was one too before..