Touch sensitivity issues: A letter to OnePlus...

1. Airbus Honeycomb Apr 20, 2015

Airbus, Apr 20, 2015 :
    They have been saying that since 33 on cm11s back in July of last year. Always next update. RMA the device if you can.

2. goldenEWSD Donut Apr 20, 2015

goldenEWSD, Apr 20, 2015 :
    mine started doing it from last week, and my opo is practically useless now. cant answer calls, write messages or even unlock the phone. I'm disappointed.

edgehab likes this.
  3. lapfrank Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

lapfrank, Apr 21, 2015 :
    Same thing for me, it just started doing this a week ago and I got the phone a bit more than 2 months ago. Really annoying, impossible to text or write e-mails now. I got friends and family to buy this phone as I was so satisfied with it. I feel bad about it. Now stuck with a buggy phone with zero support or even an acknowledgment of the issue from OnePlus. Extremely disappointing.

4. polvinardell Cupcake Apr 27, 2015

polvinardell, Apr 27, 2015 :
    Here there is the same problem. My case:

The same problem here. And it started after sweating (I had my phone in my pocket... very warm day). I've noticed that this "lag" or "slowly" touchscreen disappeared when I unchecked "adaptive blacklight" on "display & lights" options.

5. KestasKoi Cupcake Apr 28, 2015

KestasKoi, Apr 28, 2015 :
    having touchscreen issues as well, basically if I put it in a jean pocket for 10 minutes the screen doesn't register touches and can even unlock the phone until I reboot it...

6. Hrishikesh Adarsh Cupcake Apr 28, 2015

Hrishikesh Adarsh, Apr 28, 2015 :
    hi
    am experiencing something like ghost touch my play music starts automatically in lock screen and whats app opens when i clear my recent apps... what should i do?

7. demak Donut Apr 28, 2015

8. Sethias Froyo May 3, 2015

Sethias, May 3, 2015 :
    Damn I have the same problem... Very frustrating!!!

Any experience with the kernel mentioned in the 1st post??

9. Pacman2k Donut May 4, 2015

Pacman2k, May 4, 2015 :
    My OPO was working perfectly from 12th January up until this Saturday. I had the phone in my pocket for 2+ hours listening to Spotify. It was a warm sunny day (25°C) and suddenly the OPO got a life of it's own and started doing things by itself. I wasn't able to control the phone because of all the ghost touches.

Finally was able to turn it off and let it cool off a bit.
    After that: Ghost swipes, unrecognized touches, ghost touches. I'm not able to use the keyboard properly anymore. Definitely not a software issue. On Saturday I was on the latest CM11s, switched to CM12s in the meantime. Issue still exists.

luka97 and schiller061 like this.
  10. bakteria1 Cupcake May 4, 2015

bakteria1, May 4, 2015 :
    Going through the exact same process at the moment. Oneplus support does not even read my replies and replies with automated copy/pase messages. I've posted numerous videos with proof of the problem, flashed all their fixes and none have worked.
    I doubt I will ever get a real person answer and that my phone will get RMA'd.
    Your slogan "never settle" mocks me as I write this..

11. Muheb1989 Cupcake May 4, 2015

Muheb1989, May 4, 2015 :
    i need ono how to buy? or

12. schiller061 Cupcake May 5, 2015

schiller061, May 5, 2015 :
    Since a few days typing on my OPO has been an absolute pain. Came totally out of the blue and wasn't fixed by the CM 12s update in any way. Reacts slowly, recognizes touches I've never made or ignores my actual touches, complete disaster. Does anybody have a solution?

13. Pacman2k Donut May 5, 2015

Pacman2k, May 5, 2015 :
    Yes. RMA the device. I'm in the process right now... you will have to provide video evidence of the errors occuring.

14. cmanju88 Donut May 5, 2015

cmanju88, May 5, 2015 :
    I loved this phone in every aspect but the touch sensitivity is very bad. It's like using old Nokia Resistive Touch Screen. Can it be fixed or not? Sound, camera, performance everything is awesome but main function of a touch smartphone which is the touch sensitivity is worst in the phone it is unforgivable. Even Karbonn phones have better touch sensitivity.

15. cmanju88 Donut May 5, 2015

cmanju88, May 5, 2015 :
    I've
    I've the same problem. I think I'll just sell this phone and go buy a branded like Samsung or HTC.

16. idosirodriguez Gingerbread May 5, 2015

idosirodriguez, May 5, 2015 :
    Hi there! From Spain, another user of two OPOs with touchscreen issues. I've tried patches, CM11, CM12, Oxygen... anything worked. So sad.

M7mood.bh likes this.
  17. idosirodriguez Gingerbread May 6, 2015

idosirodriguez, May 6, 2015 :
    Awesome... I just open another ticket, because the replacing phone has also touch screen issues. I explain them that before opening the ticket I have already tried everything. They don't seem to listen as they told me to use the patch. I already did it! It doesn't work! Is it about winning time?

18. Lorenzo1972 Cupcake May 6, 2015

Lorenzo1972, May 6, 2015 :
    Ho solito Problema ogni tanto impazzisce e non si controllano piu 'i tocchi, da Quello che leggo credo Che l'unica Soluzione Sia Comprare un altro telefono Visto Che non risolvono il Problema, GRANDE DELUSIONE DA PARTE MIA

19. wsanchezh Cupcake May 6, 2015

20. GHouse88 Cupcake May 13, 2015

GHouse88, May 13, 2015 :
    Since I got the same problem with Ghost Input and also opened a support ticket demanding an RMA, I wanna share my experience, too.

At first I have to say, they really answered fast, less than 24hours for the first reply. They wanted me to send a video from the issue and the IMEI and order number. so far so good, I did as i was asked.

Next answer also came in: there is a patch which will fix the issue. So i applied the patch to my phone. Since I did this, i think it got a little better, but it isn't fully fixed at all. Especially looking at the "Pointer Location" app from the dev-tools you can still see the ghost input lines...

I told them that the patch didnt fix it and as you can read in these forums, it's rather hardware related than an software issue. So i want to open an RMA.
    Again, fast answer, but one I don't like:
    I should send in photos from every side of the phone (no problem so far) and photos from the back of the phone, but without the sandstone backcase. So i have to take the phone into pieces by myself? Well, that sounds like a pretty solid request, since with "normal" manufacturers you may not lay hands on the phone yourself unless you want to lose the warranty. And last but not least, I have to provide a video from the issue again. but 1) not showing it with "Pointer Location", but while using the phone normally. as if it would be that easy to reproduce the issue on demand. and 2) the video may not be made with screencast. so what? i have to use a camcorder? wtf?

I kind of get the impression that they want to make the RMA process as hard and annoying as possible, so the people wont stick to their demands.
    On the other hand, I think it was pretty obvious from the beginning, that the support may not be as good as you know it from other manufacturers and distributors. you can't expect the same RMA procedure for a 300€ phone as from a 800€? iphone. you could just easily buy another OPO and still pay less than for the iphone, so i think thats the result of buying such a cheap phone from a "noname" manufacturer and a custom-rom: no service...!!!