Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johannesr3
    Froyo May 15, 2015

Johannesr3 , May 15, 2015 :
    I've told them I'm going to wait and see what the update does, because that made the most sense to me. Has the possibility of saving them and me a lot of time :)

2. Johannesr3
    Froyo May 16, 2015

Johannesr3 , May 16, 2015 :
    Yay, i'm being insulted, thanks :) Sheep are actually quite cool, you know? And New Zealand has 10 times more of them than people. But your spelling is better, thank you.

gringoboy and Wekslie like this.
  3. XmechaniX
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

XmechaniX , May 16, 2015 :
    At the moment not

aabesh likes this.
  4. raywdude
    Donut May 16, 2015

raywdude , May 16, 2015 :
    Unfortunately, it did not fix the inconsistent recognition of swipes vs. flings. Gently scrolling through a web page can still result in frustration (i.e. when you meant to do a gentle swipe but the phone interprets this as a fling to the bottom of the page). No issue like this on the Nexus 5. (Or Note 3, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, etc)

But I do think the firmware update improved tap recognition as others have said as well.

And yes, my device has a vendor_id of 2, which means TPK.

vandizzam likes this.
  5. Otana
    Eclair May 16, 2015

Otana , May 16, 2015 :
    1full day with sun, CPU at 60°c, 0 issue. Cm12s (official) + boot.img flashed from twrp.

6. Robbiez
    Cupcake May 16, 2015

Robbiez , May 16, 2015 :
    If it is software, why did i get the problems on kitkat? I went on vacation with a temperature difference and there the problems started. Now the phone is laggy, typing a few letters takes forever. Must restart the phone 2 times to even put in my pincode etc etc. My friends phone is perfect on lollipop but he bought it 6 months later. I dont want a custum rom, im a noob and dont want to study on flashing things. I bought a flagship killer! Not a crappy phone that i need to read 137 posts about issues and do a study about flashing. You oneplus need to fix it and not myself! Ota asap!

Here my opo and my friends one. Both stock, same software.
    Laggy oneplus one:

Touch issue oneplus one:

Rept likes this.
  7. ofive
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

ofive , May 16, 2015 :
    Seems to be fixed by the latest nightly. I'm loving again my phone. I'm happy i didn't flash the fix that support center sent me yesterday. :cool:

8. marhensa
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

marhensa , May 16, 2015 :
    if you want only the kernel with new touch drivers:
    https://goo.gl/KYMUJd

FrancoKernel-Bacon_R43-quickie.zip

it works with CM12S official.

IT F*CKIN' WORKS.

I CAN TYPE WITH SPEED!!
    EVEN WHEN MY PHONE GETS HOT.

Rolodex and pirata_1985 like this.
  9. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 16, 2015

10. mhannigan
    Honeycomb May 16, 2015

mhannigan , May 16, 2015 :
    As it turns out, support has not improved one bit. Their silly obsession with getting videos before they wil even forward it to a tech is absolutely maddening.

If you don't have another camera to take that video, they will send you detailed instructions on how to do a "Screencast" to show your touchscreen issues.

What? How the... I mean... Well I thought... Am I losing it? Am I just failing to understand how, at the moment when your phone id freaking out, you would manage to capture a screen cast? OK, if you manage to do that, WHAT DOES IT SHOW about my touchscreen?

Screencast doesn't hop out of the phone and do an "over the shoulder" perspective does it? Did they do an upgrade that I missed?

stoplok and pirata_1985 like this.
  11. pirata_1985
    Nougat May 16, 2015

12. Bro I Own
    Honeycomb May 16, 2015

Bro I Own , May 16, 2015 :
    Considering how OP give disinformation along with horrible customer service, I hope the supposedly "fix" will make Ones worse, resulting to bankruptcy.

13. mulangot
    Eclair May 16, 2015

mulangot , May 16, 2015 :
    Flashed r43 img and it looks like it did fix my touchscreen issues.
    Almost bought a zenfone 2 because of the problems I'm having with the OnePlus One.

I hope it fixes the issues for good. (Tears streaming down my face)

14. XmechaniX
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

XmechaniX , May 16, 2015 :
    Lads, need to calm down a bit... Damage is done but at least we can use the phone again.

15. seth50k
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

seth50k , May 16, 2015 :
    I was happy when my phone worked for 6 months. Not happy with it broken for an entire month with no resolution and the "appearance" of support.

16. frigginjoe
    Froyo May 16, 2015

frigginjoe , May 16, 2015 :
    Maybe the issue's hardware and the fix is something along the lines of heat recalibration that they have to put in HDD firmware.

17. seth50k
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

seth50k , May 16, 2015 :
    I started my RMA process long before this thread. And guess what, I complied with every request and it's still open, no RMA, no resolution, 1 month later.

Pizzatroll likes this.
  18. menappi
    Froyo May 16, 2015

menappi , May 16, 2015 :

Any chance you could tell me how to get this loaded and if you need to be rooted? I want this touchscreen fix but am running my phone as it came standard, recently upgraded to 12 and don't want to lose any data.

19. marhensa
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

marhensa , May 16, 2015 :
    hm.. it seems you have to deal with OTA.
    wait for the official release.

if you want to try this custom kernel you have to:
    - unlock your bootloader: this will wipe all your internal data/photos/music and apps. then...
    - flash custom recovery: this is needed to flash that flashable zips, just like that custom kernel zip.

20. pirata_1985
    Nougat May 16, 2015