Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth50k
    Gingerbread May 20, 2015

seth50k , May 20, 2015 :
    If OnePlus was intelligent, his order number would be associated with the IMEI they shipped him. Systematic traceability is not difficult in this day and age.

deblacksin, vinay.k.21 and ahighfield like this.
  2. nicky3
    Froyo May 20, 2015

nicky3 , May 20, 2015 :
    I know man, I just ask, to wait or to flash, he said flash, and done. I don't ask him for ETA. "Some patience", I can't use my phone, and I've promised to myself, " I will nefer flash again", what can I do...

3. fire4hire
    Gingerbread May 20, 2015

fire4hire , May 20, 2015 :
    I think a more effective campaign would be where effected users record videos destroying the phone in creative ways.

It worked wonders in getting Apple's attention when it happened to them.

4. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2015

vinay.k.21 , May 20, 2015 :
    Looks like they are just trying to avoid servicing our phones...

5. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2015

vinay.k.21 , May 20, 2015 :
    Oh... that one... I wonder if the team is alive today... Not a single word from them even after so many tags, threads etc etc asking them to update us on whats happening

6. Sami Dessuky
    Cupcake May 20, 2015

7. Sami Dessuky
    Cupcake May 20, 2015

Sami Dessuky , May 20, 2015 :
    Lately my phones screen goes complete unresponsive and the phone will open random apps by on its own. Eventually it does stop but not until I power my phone off. What do I do?

8. Skidr0w
    Donut May 20, 2015

Skidr0w , May 20, 2015 :
    I've done it, it is not so difficult as you can think.
    I'm just a 21yrs old boy with a standard screen tools kit and a hairdryer.
    If you want to do that you just have to be patience.
    See a full disassembling video before and than do it youserlf step by step.
    The most difficult thing is to remove the screen, it will take you just a little bit of time because you have to heat the glue under the screen and then try to pull it off.
    I think that anyone could do the same I did.
    Just have patience and maybe don't do it alone it's useful to have many people watching what you're doing :)

Last edited: May 20, 2015

9. Erajk
    Froyo May 20, 2015

Erajk , May 20, 2015 :
    I dont have this problem anymore after doing this:
    ( As long as it works I won´t touch any more setting :D )

Turned off "Dubble tap to wake"
    Turned off "Automatic lightning" and set the light on the screen manually.
    Turned off "graphic password" and now have a pin with "fast unlock"

Solved the problem for me with "dead" zones on the touchscreen & ghosting.

Good luck !

10. lukesan
    Honeycomb May 20, 2015

lukesan , May 20, 2015 :
    You can get it off easily!

1) Do not watch the instructions they sent you

2) remove simtray

3) Stick the nail from your thumb, probably stronger than the other ones and less flexible, between the metal part and the area of the simtray, where the plastic is thinner. You'll hear the first click.
    Now gently go around with your nail without, and I stress on that, pulling the cover.
    If you have done 3/4th you can slightly aid the removal by taking the cover and pulling it back halve a centimetre (1/4 inch) or so.
    No force needed and if you use your nail the plastic won't damage.
    Watching their video and trying I felt very uncomfy. Doing it with the nail ... no sweat.

11. king conan
    Eclair May 20, 2015

king conan , May 20, 2015 :
    Guys,

to share some hope here. I've been ususing C12 nightlies (may 15th one, so five days now) and disabling the double tap to wake the battery drain is under control. Perfectly usable, no dramatic bugs and ghost touch never happened in these five days.

And I had the same problem as many here. If the weather gets hot or I have the phone in my pocket the screen goes crazy.

Now it does not, and thats a reality. You can say whatever you want "not a true fix" "masking a hardware problem", etc. The truth is what I see with my eyes and experience using it. The ghost touch is gone with the new driver in my phone. I can say it about mine because it's true. GONE. 100% responsive and fast typing possible whatever the temperature outside (I live in Spain).

My phone works better with this nightly than with official C12S, and I can live without the double touch to wake while I wait for a more mature driver. The battery lasts one day, it's not a friking drama.

There is hope guys.

rivimont and only1hammy like this.
  12. marcos82
    Donut May 20, 2015

marcos82 , May 20, 2015 :
    After six month of use without any problem, I am experiencing problem with touchscreen.

What happens is that I can see touches on the screen that are not really performed by me, so I can see applications closing while using, I cannot write any text message in a proper way, and I hear "tick" n the screen also when I am doing nothing at all. From one day to another, my phone becomes unusable.

Is my problem called "invisible finger" (as I read on some forums)? I don't have problems about touchscreen area (I read that someone cannot touch the screen near the border).

Is C12 nightlies a solultion also for me? Can anyone tell me where can I download it and how can I flash it (I never rooted the phone)? Also links to articles, posts and step-by-steps guides are appreciated. ***** EDIT: I found this link https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-touchscreen-issues-fix-india.311079/ I think is enough *****

Thank you.

13. Coen3108
    Donut May 20, 2015

Coen3108 , May 20, 2015 :
    I'm using a 5 year old HTC desire z and my touchscreen doesnt react at least once an hour. I could really use the oneplus one!

14. FadeToGray
    Froyo May 20, 2015

FadeToGray , May 20, 2015 :
    Once again guys, I'll repost both of my threads.
    One that follows my odissey with the tech support about the touchscreen issue:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/video-proof-of-my-faulty-touchscreen.310584/

Another one talking about a "FIX" that doesn't work that as been given to me directly by a technician:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/nerd_help-touchscreen-fix-provided-by-tech-support.311687/

Please participate here too. We all need to work toghether on this.
    I'm about to break and sell the ******* phone.

HWAM likes this.
  15. martvogel
    Cupcake May 20, 2015

martvogel , May 20, 2015 :
    After second lollipop update I started to experience touchscreen lag. Typing and scrolling was hell.

Yesterday I upgraded to 12.1 nighties. So far so good. Touchscreen issues seem gone, but it requires some more testing. Disabled double tap to wake.

16. claesoc
    Donut May 20, 2015

claesoc , May 20, 2015 :
    :( don't worked for me :(

Need f*c*i*g update OnePlus :mad:

It all started after update to CM12/ lollipop

17. djbenny1
    Gingerbread May 20, 2015

djbenny1 , May 20, 2015 :
    I haven't been following the thread for the last few days - I'm assuming the latest CM12.1 nightlies still have the touchscreen fix removed?

They haven't released a more battery-friendly version of the fix yet?

Lionel Tarrit likes this.
  18. FredZed
    Froyo May 20, 2015

FredZed , May 20, 2015 :
    All we need is a simple no nonsense upgrade, cut the crap load that runs in the background and 99% of the endusers don't need.

19. king conan
    Eclair May 20, 2015

king conan , May 20, 2015 :
    Actually at this moment there are no nightlies available for 19th and 20th. Let's hope it's because they are tuning the new screen driver.

djbenny1 likes this.
  20. evil.affy
    Cupcake May 20, 2015

evil.affy , May 20, 2015 :
    its on warranty but currently i am living in asia and and there is no authorized opo store here