Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revosftw
    Froyo May 21, 2015

revosftw , May 21, 2015 :
    The saddest part is that people who used Paypal have an opportunity to get the whole money by going through a claim . We Indian users got it from amazon.in and that has no such policy beyond 30days . So its either stick to the whole painful RMA or sell it at ridiculously low price as people . And being a student I maxed out my budget so I wont be able to buy something substantial after selling it off tops @ 200$ . May be only choice is to go back to my old nexus 3 whose WiFi I will need to get fixed.

2. happy2000hk
    Donut May 21, 2015

happy2000hk , May 21, 2015 :
    I've been having this issue for the past week or so ever since Summer heatness came along. However, the temperature in NYC dropped dramatically today, and I'm freezing in an air conditioned building, and the touch is super smooth. This is not a coincidence. Please, either the hardware can't support anything above 60 degrees, or the firmware needs fixing. Either way, I'm having panic attacks not knowing when my phone will work smoothly or when it decides to not even allow me to type a proper text message.

3. Reimer
    Cupcake May 21, 2015

Reimer , May 21, 2015 :
    i've experienced problems since i updated my phone to the lollipop version 5.02. Ever since then, the keyboard touchscreen works a bit less. However, when i start listening to music, the touchscreen barely reacts. I have to attempt numerous times to unlock my phone because it keeps failing to follow my motions to unlock the screen... It only goes away when i have restart it. Is there already a fix for this (on the way)?

4. lukesan
    Honeycomb May 21, 2015

lukesan , May 21, 2015 :
    To actually proof that they play dumb.
    Everything is in the case I provided and then I get the email below. So they don't read emails or it is their task to annoy us so we give up.
    Well for me it is all evidence that will go to PayPal and ECC

Hi xxxxx,
    Thanks for the response. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Would it be okay for you to clarify the concern that you're getting with your phone as of this moment? I'll be more than willing to help in this case.
    Best regards,
    xxxx

5. ThE_MarD85
    Froyo May 21, 2015

ThE_MarD85 , May 21, 2015 :
    Heyyo,

So I flashed the latest CM12.1 nightly on my OnePlus One just out of curiosity to see how it worked out... just to be clear I've never had touchscreen issues on my device on CM11s, CM12s or Exodus 5.0.2 and just wanted to see what Lolipop 5.1.1 is like... and wow it's awesome! Definitely runs a lot smoother than 5.0.2. :)

As for the supposed battery drain issues? I dunno, battery life for me has been great on my work days and I usually end the day with about 30% battery life.

I pushed it a little harder on this cycle just to see what would happen. I left my battery mode on Balanced the whole time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, CM12.1 has an odd issue with the haptic feedback stops working if I change my DPI settings... after another reboot after putting it back to default it's running normally again.

That, and as you can see from the battery settings? The Settings app doesn't have a name lol. :p

I wonder, for the people complaining about battery life on the latest CM12.1... is there a certain app they're using that's wrecking their battery? Maybe one that doesn't like Android 5.1.1?

6. lukesan
    Honeycomb May 21, 2015

lukesan , May 21, 2015 :
    Ok, I don't get this.

So even after a case number .... telling that the phone has arrived in the UK ... rma
    I get this as an answer

@Carl enough of your jokes

Thanks for the response. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Would it be okay for you to provide us with the IMEI of the phone, a video showing the issue of the device as well. I know that it might be a hassle for you but please do understand that this is a part of our process and we're more than happy to assist you with this one. Your cooperation on this one is much appreciated.
    Best regards,

7. only1hammy
    Honeycomb May 21, 2015

only1hammy , May 21, 2015 :
    Yeah, but at least they hear you.. on this one.

ascarlat likes this.
  8. ascarlat
    Froyo May 21, 2015

ascarlat , May 21, 2015 :
    I did a complaint on PayPal, I am within the 180 days, but the case was automatically closed with this reason. And I can't open another one for the same item. LoL.
    The others that did a claim, what reasons did you choose? Because it is clearly stated on PayPal that you have 180 days available to do a dispute.
    Buyer reason(s):
    Internally Damaged
    Status
    This dispute closed because it was opened for more than 45 days after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria.

9. gregb
    Gingerbread May 21, 2015

gregb , May 21, 2015 :
    I think the battery drain is in the no. 15 nightly, the latest no. 18 which i think you installed doesent have battery drain, but it also doesent fix touch screen issues.... I think. I have no. 15 nightly and i see an impact on battery but is not huge and is better than touch screen problems...

10. rhewson
    Donut May 21, 2015

rhewson , May 21, 2015 :
    This may sound like a dumb question to some of you but the May 15th nightly keeps getting refered to as the fix. Do we need to download that specific fix or will one the fixes after that date include what we need.
    Thx

11. gregb
    Gingerbread May 21, 2015

12. XmechaniX
    Gingerbread May 21, 2015

XmechaniX , May 21, 2015 :
    Latest nightly with the fix 20150517... No battery drain here whatsoever

13. revosftw
    Froyo May 21, 2015

revosftw , May 21, 2015 :
    only 15 has it , they have reverted the fix due to huge battery loss issues, this is what i gather from the forum i dont have my phone to try it now :p

14. Andoenay
    Gingerbread May 21, 2015

Andoenay , May 21, 2015 :
    Starting getting touch screen issues now. Scrolling is super slow. Wth, never had this issue before. What's going on?

tim31 likes this.
  15. rrainwater
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2015

rrainwater , May 21, 2015 :
    Scrolling being slow has nothing to do with the touchscreen issue being discussed here.

16. ascarlat
    Froyo May 21, 2015

Looks like you've been "blessed" with the same issue. Dude, I'm sorry for you, but what can I say more than: You're not alone!

Raise a support ticket and submit a PayPal complaint. ASAP!

Cheers!

Bro I Own likes this.
  17. avimit
    Froyo May 21, 2015

avimit , May 21, 2015 :
    You are probably right, but this is a little bit sad. I liked the idea of the 1+1, and this phone is still nice to hold & look at ; they made some right choices, like keeping the (beautiful) screen at normal HD, thus gaining fantastic battery life; I prefer CM over OEM skins, and even over Google's Android; specs & price were obviously good.

If only they could be more honest & open, or at least say something. Something like:
    - "We have a hardware problem in our devices. The problem is this. It can be fixed in software. The price is some battery hit"
    - or "This is a problem with the drivers, and it's purely software. Will be fixed soon"
    - or "The OTA will come in days/weeks/months". Something.

With their lack of communication, they are forcing me to press for a refund.
    They got me thinking again about a real flagship with a real flagship price...

Pizzatroll and Wekslie like this.
  18. Onnovh
    Gingerbread May 21, 2015

Onnovh , May 21, 2015 :
    And so I bought myself a nice little USB desk fridge. My OPO works like a charm now.

I'm thinkig about creating some kind of slim fan-cover to cool my OPO.

Okay, without joking. It sucks. Waiting for Firmware, probably a workaround, made an appointment for remote session (like thats gonna work), waiting for CS to response.

Well I'm still within the 180 PayPal days so... FIX THE DAMN PHONE AND LET US "TRUST" OP AGAIN... Or maybe not, whatever. Just getting frustrated of this.

19. ascarlat
    Froyo May 21, 2015

What if during the remote session your phone will work flawlessly? Will they wait some time and hope it will start happening? Or start many apps and let the phone heat up?

I have just posted the photos with removed back cover, so I guess the remote session will hit me pretty soon.

20. MichaelJacksonKingOfPop
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2015