Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovo
    Gingerbread May 22, 2015

2. MarkVanMiddelkoop
    Cupcake May 22, 2015

MarkVanMiddelkoop , May 22, 2015 :
    These are my experiences so far.

I updated the phone to LP with the OTA. I'm not very technical so that's the reason. After the phone went hot in the sun for 5 minutes the problems started. Ghost touches and everything. It drove me crazy.
    A friend of my rooted the phone for me and flashed Oxygen and the problems were still there. Than I was playing around with the settings and turn of the gestures. Not individually but the hole "menu". That is something you can not do on CM if I remember correctly. And that help my problem a bit. It's not perfect but is an improvement. So it's says to me that's a software problem.

So frustrating. I was shure I found the best phone for me but the happiness was over, fast :(

3. 128sehio
    Cupcake May 22, 2015

128sehio , May 22, 2015 :
    I went to the beach twice in a week and phone started with lag when I use touchscreen, and sometimes doesn't appear letters that I'm typing or buttons that I'm pushing... I think we all have bought a piece of shit...This has no way to be fixed than sending to RMA. Great phone!!

4. sripke
    Donut May 22, 2015

sripke , May 22, 2015 :
    hi all,
    please advice:

after ticket, video and photos AND paypal case they sent me this email (via ticket system, not via paypal):

Hi stephan,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Based on the feedback from our tech support, we could offer you a replacement.

However, could you please close your PayPal case, then we will initiate your RMA request.

Best regards,
    Monica

so first of all no patches or any other requests (besides video and photos). they seem to have learned something.
    Honestly I prefer having my money back, following this thread I don't trust a replacement.
    but: I bought the phone in dec 2014. so claim is outside of this 45 day period, though paypal still let me put that claim in (not escalated yet).
    so if I decide to escalate the paypal claim and don't accept the RMA offer, will paypal initiate the refunding? at least oneplus did offer me a replacement, so technically they reacted properly, no?

I could also do the RMA and sell the phone, but don't want to do that (just doesn't feel right).

thanks for your opinions,
    s.

let me say two words to the overall process:
    - the customer support reacted promptly all the time (having a paypal claim in parallel....)
    - thanks to all you guys! without this thread I wouldn't have been so efficient.

5. 128sehio
    Cupcake May 22, 2015

128sehio , May 22, 2015 :
    I have to add something. I started to experiment fails when I updated to Lollypop version... since then, phone was very hot and that might be the problem that caused all this. Since yesterday, typing is almost impossible with it.

6. Ricktza
    Froyo May 22, 2015

Ricktza , May 22, 2015 :
    From what i can tell the issue is heat related.
    I've had my phone for a couple of months.
    After i use it for 5 minutes or it becomes warm the touchscreen stops working correctly.

7. Bro I Own
    Honeycomb May 22, 2015

Bro I Own , May 22, 2015 :
    Open dispute on paypal and escalate it. Even if OP issued a replacement, it is well known that they are still shipping defective units. Look at posts made in the last few pages to help you out with the process.

8. Wekslie
    Gingerbread May 22, 2015

Wekslie , May 22, 2015 :
    I agree woth bro I own.

Open a PayPal dispute And escalate it. Opo is still shipping defective RMA devices.

My causin got his RMA yesterday. A used phone with same hardware problem.. He will open a PayPal dispute now too.. To get his money back. RMA process is a waste of time. You will get a used refurbished device with used battery.. And same or even worse hardware error.

It is hopeless. Fraud company.

9. crespo80
    Cupcake May 22, 2015

crespo80 , May 22, 2015 :
    I'm also looking forward an official OTA fix, but, at the moment, the latest Synaptics firmware included in the franco kernel is working wonderfully, the touch is perfect and the battery drain is back to normal after disabling double-tap-to-wake, display ambient, adaptive retroillumination, prevent accidental wakeups; I didn't test them one-by-one so I don't know which are effective and which are not (apart from the obvious double-tap-to-wake), but now by battery drain is back to normal, it lasts almost two days as it did before the fix. It noticeably drains more while I'm actively using it (the constant recalibration is at work), but the most important thing is thatbit doesn't suck battery life while idleing in my pocket!
    I have to mention that I had only minor touchscreen problems, some misstyping and some ghost touches that caused a ghost/missed touch every 20, the usual YAMTT x-axis multitouch issue and the paint tester making confusion between the two fingers, the phone was still usable, unlike some of yours. After the fix, all my issues are gone.

Last edited: May 22, 2015

10. peri678
    Eclair May 22, 2015

peri678 , May 22, 2015 :
    the support send my 44S to solve the touch problem ^^
    supoort sucks...
    i told them that i am going to open a dispute on paypal and want a full refund.

how is your Experiences to get a full refund? is it possible? do i have to send at first the opo or do i get the money back at first? how long does these process take?

Wekslie likes this.
  11. splen0
    Honeycomb May 22, 2015

splen0 , May 22, 2015 :
    Nope. In build 0518 CM reverted the "fix" and the touch screen problems are here again.
    from 15th build to 17th you have "fix" but a huge battery drain and you have to choose either touch issues or battery drain ;)

12. king conan
    Eclair May 22, 2015

king conan , May 22, 2015 :
    One more day without a nightly. The last one (without the "fix") was released the 18th.

That's becoming weird.

13. ammyt
    Honeycomb May 22, 2015

ammyt , May 22, 2015 :
    Contrary to a lot of people (don't hate me), my screen originally had the yellow band, and later got plagued by multitouch issues. I raised an RMA ticket and the CS was actually really helpful and swift in their replies and procedures. They did not actually ask me to do a lot of stuff (maybe because I immediately supplied them with all the screencasts and pics of the device from the first message). They just asked me to revert to default stock 33R via a zip file they provided, and then having sending them that this did not fix my issue, they initiated my RMA procedure, DHL collected my phone, and I had a new one back.

The whole process took exactly 13 days.

BUT: Oneplus One phones are just too damn varied in quality it's insane. Please OP invest in some good quality control protocols for @#$%'s sake! For example, my new phone has the screen fixed but the vibrate motor is very impalpable with a god-awful whine noise when it kicks in that sounds more pathetic than an aging hipster. My older one could not light the LED light in yellow. My friend's OPO has extremely dull navigation buttons backlight... see what I'm getting at?

14. HWAM
    Honeycomb May 22, 2015

HWAM , May 22, 2015 :
    I'm using cm12.1 build 05/15 with the same Synaptics firmware. Also disabled all the gestures. But I think it's using more battery with the display on. Nobody is talking about the negative impact about this update with display on because it's difficult to measure. In sleep it's clear, you can detect draining very fast. When the display is on it's difficult to measure. I think it's using more, not only my feeling but also a theory?? What do you think?

15. ohy
    Gingerbread May 22, 2015

ohy , May 22, 2015 :
    Take a hike bro!

16. crespo80
    Cupcake May 22, 2015

crespo80 , May 22, 2015 :
    Yeah, I edited my message just while you were quoting it :D
    I aso noticed the higher battery drain when the screen is ON, because of that constant recalibration everyone is talking about, but it's nothing I worry about, this phone has outstanding battery life anyway.

17. Wekslie
    Gingerbread May 22, 2015

Wekslie , May 22, 2015 :
    easy, just do Paypal claim, escalate it, and 3 days later paypal assign you a refund, they are aware of oppo's sneaky plan and have the proof of the banned customer on this forum who presented then the hardware problem and how to solve it, opo banned him, and continued until today to sell the one plus with same hardware design error(also the rma devices same problem). the solution is simple, replace the bad quality glue that dissolve when device gets warm, by tape, problem solved. opo doesn't do that, and play with us until warranty time is over.. but they forget we all paid with paypal, and paypal changed their policy LOL (180 days!).. 1 dispute and you get your money back. so their strategy (never settle), failed lol.

solution is simple paypal claim = money back, and free ticket to move on to a real brand with real warranty, who not only listen, but also take action (fix the hardware)...

Bro I Own and bombadier like this.
  18. Wekslie
    Gingerbread May 22, 2015

Wekslie , May 22, 2015 :
    the fix is not perfect either, yesterday it was hot in NL, i could barely type.. the fix is good to mask most problem, and bury them at the cost of battery... the real fix is replace the damn bad quality glue by tape, how stupid is oppo..? I feel sorry for the people who have only 45 days paypal.. paypal told me if enough people call them, they will give the people money back one day because it looks like fraud class action.

Luckily I got my money back from paypal, it took me only 1 request, 5 minutes work.

19. peri678
    Eclair May 22, 2015

peri678 , May 22, 2015 :
    So easy? 3 days and i get my money back?
    I bought my opo on November. It is more than 180 days. Is this a Problem?

20. bombadier
    KitKat May 22, 2015

bombadier , May 22, 2015 :
    The fact paypal are receiving a lot of disputes is making them pay attention to what is going on, get a dispute raised, and report back as for some this problem will never be fixed

Wekslie likes this.