Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bug1baby
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

bug1baby , Jun 3, 2015 :
    Same with me. I ordered a Nexus 6 too after my second OPO started having touchscreen issues, really loved the phone but couldn't handle it. Major disappointment is that customer services are trying to claim that the handset was water damaged (yet functioned perfectly in every way apart from the screen) and have not provided any kind of assessment report at all. Previously I would sing the praises of Oneplus and the One but now I can't help but feel let down by what I thought was a great company.

Now to figure out how to get my phone/money back... :(

ionut123 likes this.
  2. idannet
    Eclair Jun 3, 2015

idannet , Jun 3, 2015 :
    I just to stopped 2 friends from buying....

ionut123 likes this.
  3. idannet
    Eclair Jun 3, 2015

idannet , Jun 3, 2015 :
    can you explain, please? what did you do? I ordered the phone, got it, loved it for about 2-3 months and now all these touchscreen issues came up. do I have a claim?

4. attrijitg
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

attrijitg , Jun 3, 2015 :
    Are the touchscreen issues really more prevalent for people using them in warmer regions ? I stay in Phoenix, Arizona where temperatures are pretty high and I have been having similar ghost touch issues where the screen suddenly goes crazy, multiple windows/apps automatically open up and close and the phone is unresponsive to touch. Need to reboot and it works fine for a while before the issues start again. The support team have provided some patches but they dont seem to fix the issue. But now with the discussion around warmer temperatures, I feel the patches would not really help if the core issue is with the phone itself. Any suggestions ???

5. Ulstrand
    Donut Jun 3, 2015

Ulstrand , Jun 3, 2015 :
    That sounds promissing.. Looking foreward.. The One is a fantastic phone. Just got it this week and still explorring.

6. tscouton
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

tscouton , Jun 3, 2015 :
    The problem is we are going on 3 weeks since the last update.

Ulstrand and shoenix like this.
  7. santiberrio
    Donut Jun 3, 2015

santiberrio , Jun 3, 2015 :
    You think I will give display problems 100% sure?

8. chavokhaliz
    Froyo Jun 3, 2015

9. dickpyli
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

10. dickpyli
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

dickpyli , Jun 3, 2015 :
    They have a tutorial in the thread. actually just install it in recovery then you are done

11. luislua
    Donut Jun 3, 2015

luislua , Jun 3, 2015 :
    I had exactly that problem. RMA and in 2 weeks i received a new oneplus.

cheyneh likes this.
  12. luislua
    Donut Jun 3, 2015

luislua , Jun 3, 2015 :
    Had same issue ... Upper zone dead

13. encosion
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

encosion , Jun 3, 2015 :
    I've been running cm-12.1-20150530-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip for a couple days. Hasn't fixed the issues unfortunately. Seem to have spotted a pattern though, the un-responsiveness appears to occur when I'm playing music (FLAC) via the Vanilla Music app with the screen off (i.e. commuting). Could be entirely coincidental. But will explore alternate music players and file formats (although the former shouldn't be a 'solution') before flashing a kernel such as AK.254.OPO.CM12.1+PER-PANEL-FIRMWARE.zip

14. encosion
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

encosion , Jun 3, 2015 :
    Still fixed? If so, I'm going for it... Been dragging my feet because it's a pain in the *** to set the phone up each time! (Need to find a quick / reliable backup solution -- tried Helium but kept timing out before downloading an entire backup to my Mac)

15. Bloodpuke
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2015

Bloodpuke , Jun 3, 2015 :
    Try titanium for your apps and manual backup for media like pictures music etc..

16. martinzorrilla
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2015

17. Dzumar1
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2015

Dzumar1 , Jun 4, 2015 :
    It solved my touchscreen issues completely ( dead areas of screen when warm). It looks to be a Synaptics driver issue. You really can't blame OP for the problem but it is taking them way too long to integrate the fix and push out an OTA update to their customer base.

18. tigobrata
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2015

tigobrata , Jun 4, 2015 :
    bah, root and use twrp backup, works for me, and yes, fixed every touch problem i had

19. Shshank Vishwa
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2015

Shshank Vishwa , Jun 4, 2015 :
    Where's the update... from May 15, no update yet.. what is happening..

20. arunvasudev1996
    Froyo Jun 4, 2015

arunvasudev1996 , Jun 4, 2015 :
    help me do this one please . its urgent