Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarikaRo
    Eclair Sep 23, 2015

MarikaRo , Sep 23, 2015 :

I suffered exactly the same treatment and I want to share with you.
    I sent it back (RMA) after the remote session because the touch screen was not working (I put on the forum links to videos).
    I never damaged with any liquid the phone but they said that there were traces of liquid.
    They held my phone hostage for 2 weeks, then (thanks to an Italian in this forum) they returned me free.
    The phone is turned back ruined. The frame is damaged (I held him very well). I did check the phone to a technician who HAS NOT FOUND TRACES OF OXIDATION ANYWHERE.
    The technician told me that there are two adhesives that become red when they come in contact with liquids (but return white easily - check before sending).
    My problem was (and remains) the touch screen; their report was:
    € 220 to replace the motherboard (not the touch screen).

The assistance has invalidated my guarantee, not because the phone is oxidized, but because these stickers are red.
    Honestly I have no idea how that could happen, but I hope that it is not (as I suspect) a huge scam to not change the touch screen defective!

I'd like to know whether a judge would agree with me or them ... but China is far away and I have no money!

DO NOT BUY MORE 'OnePlus. SPREAD THE VOICE. THE WORLD MUST KNOW.

2. firstburst
    Eclair Sep 30, 2015

firstburst , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Please help directing me in the right location. I recently purchased my OPO last week, and it seems to be bugged with touch sensitivity. Sometimes the capacitive buttons work, and sometimes they don't. I have had to switch to on screen buttons and still some times the screen is unresponsive. Please help. Disappointed after spending $300 for a phone that is already experiencing issues.

3. Razormace
    Donut Sep 30, 2015

Razormace , Sep 30, 2015 :
    When I was sent an invite to buy the OPO all I heard was about how great the product is. Now that I have it I am very disappointed in the way that they support their customer base. I am glad to see that they are trying to address concerns but after an upfront $400 investment there needs to be more care given to the customer. Problems such as the one above ^ are really unacceptable.

4. Cmyrius
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2015

Cmyrius , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Got my phone (OPO) on tuesday after two hours of having it noticed that at the beginning before updates the phone got little bit hot after updates the temperature was normal, however noticed some random glitch occured on the screen like lagged touch so i thought whatever it occured only once. But after an hour of using it started going crazy pressing itself usually on the middle left part of the screen so had to turn on pass lock so it wont call people and so on. Ussualy it starts acting like that when you use it for a few minutes. Is this a huge software bug or should i start praying to gods and hope to try and get a replacement ? :(

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

Pantalon10 likes this.
  5. souvikdas95
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2015

souvikdas95 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    My OnePlus 2 has the touchscreen problem wherein, each time I plug it into the socket using original charger and cable, the screen either malfunctions or stops responding.

6. Pantalon10
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2015

Pantalon10 , Oct 5, 2015 :

Hello,
    I have touchscreen problem with my O+O on CM11s (not rooted) that are less than 1 year old !
    It appaer often and start different app and seting tap itself during a long period...
    At that time, I can't make anything and I try only to restart it more and more till I have the OK button under my finger.
    Sometimes, the beginning of that problem comes with the Home button aren't working also...
    It'ss like the touch part of the phone doesn't work correctly and learn all your touch but not at the correct place on the screan.
    If you restart your phone (one time and sometimes more), in coud be works correctly after till the bug comming back later.
    Any idea ?

Cmyrius likes this.
  7. JustSkilled
    Froyo Oct 8, 2015

JustSkilled , Oct 8, 2015 :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-working-out-of-nowhere.380468/#post-13592259

Charged my phone overnight, woke up to a non-responsive lower half of the touchscreen. Soft touch buttons won't work either. Tried to flash it multiple times with different ROMs, but with the lower half of the touchscreen not working I can't even get further than start screen...

Opened a support ticket, let's see where this goes.

another thread, same problem: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/parts-of-touchscreen-become-unresponsive.311006/

8. JustSkilled
    Froyo Oct 8, 2015

9. Chika
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 8, 2015

Chika , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Oneplus guys are truly here for us.... Thanks guys for your support. Looking forward to the Update.:)

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  10. 0plus0
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

11. Hedgehoged
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

12. menappi
    Froyo Oct 10, 2015

menappi , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Haven't you guys learned? File a claim with PayPal and get rid of that POS and forget about OPO's shady 'customer service'. Paypal refunded me my money and I sent that trash back and haven't looked back. Decided to come pay a visit to the forums today and what do you know, this thread has grown an additional 100 pages since I got rid of my device. Count your losses and move on.

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  13. akshayhudar
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2015

akshayhudar , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Hi.... My oneplus one has started getting yellow tinge on both sides of the screen... The yellow tinge is prominent when the phone is hot... Can you please tell me what can be done for this

14. Piet Leemans
    Donut Oct 10, 2015

Piet Leemans , Oct 10, 2015 :
    It took a while bit One Plus really helped out with my issue, friendly and competent. No complains here.

15. 0plus0
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2015

0plus0 , Oct 11, 2015 :
    Does newer phones (that were manufactured in recent months) have this heat related touch issue?
    If they are fixed by now, there would be no reason to hesitate to buy one.

16. WilderWatz
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2015

17. menappi
    Froyo Oct 14, 2015

menappi , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Read a few pages of this massive thread and then ask yourself would you risk it? Can you see how incompetent their customer support is? You can't trust a company who handles things the way they do. Unless you like throwing money in the trash I wouldn't bother.

only1hammy likes this.
  18. CoachCaroline
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2015

CoachCaroline , Oct 18, 2015 :
    I still can't answer incoming calls, it drives me completely crazy. Phone rings, but nothing appears on my screen or it appears but the screen doesn't react. What to do? I am ready to throw the phone out of the window as it is useless thiss way!!

19. maace
    Eclair Dec 19, 2015

maace , Dec 19, 2015 :
    My oneplus touchscreen is unresponsive whenever I use the middle of it.. it's been like this ever since iv updated to 12.1

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

sskk99 likes this.
  20. sskk99
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2015

sskk99 , Dec 28, 2015 :
    Have the same issue, and I changed nothing, it just happened one day 2 weeks ago. Can't find a solution, hate it.