Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sushiljacksparrow
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2016

sushiljacksparrow , Jan 7, 2016 :
    I have been using my oneplus one for over an year. For past one week, I have noticed that almost a thumb sized left top part of my screen would not respond to taps. This issue would fix once I reboot my phone. I was using oxygen os but switched to cm12.1 thinking that it may fix the problem. I haven't noticed any particular action after restart which would trigger this screen issue.the dead zone on screen is at a crucial position and the phone can not be used once it happens. Has anyone faced this problem?

2. sushiljacksparrow
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2016

sushiljacksparrow , Jan 7, 2016 :
    Have you figured something for your touch screen issue? I have the same problem. Thumb size top left part of screen would not respond to taps. Let me know if you have found out anything .

3. sriramgopalan
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

sriramgopalan , Jan 8, 2016 :
    The OPO that I got for my wife was fine until today (Jan 7 2016) when she updated to the latest system updates. Ever since then, the top half of the screen is not responding to touches, only the bottom half :(

It was fine until the update so this has to be a software issue.

Anyone else have this issue? Or similar? What are my options here. I believe my phone is less than a year old.

4. Astireloth
    Donut Jan 8, 2016

Astireloth , Jan 8, 2016 :
    My OPO started acting up, too. Yesterday during texting, a small area of left side of the screen started to register my one touch as two separate touches. This makes typing quite hard. For example, if I press letter "R", phone recognizes it as two taps and writes letters "E" and "T". Same happens if I try to press "F" or "X". Any ideas?

Edit: I attached a screenshot. It shows clearly that one part of the screen doesn't register anything when touched. So, most likely this is a hardware problem?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

5. makmax
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2016

makmax , Jan 8, 2016 :
    Touch freezes.problem from last 8 days.update didn't helped.please guide.

6. juza1
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

juza1 , Jan 9, 2016 :
    I have exact same problem as ''Astireloth'' but on the right side of the screen. I tap L for example when writing a message on my opo, and it takes the letters on the sides of L... This is so annoying and i can't use my phone properly.. how to fix???...

7. csa7mdm
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

csa7mdm , Jan 9, 2016 :
    i have a problem with my touch a part of the screen lost sense of touch, what should i do

8. sriramgopalan
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2016

sriramgopalan , Jan 10, 2016 :
    Mine was purchased less than a year ago and I have filed a ticket with customer service. They've asked for video and I gave that. Let's see.

9. musicmakesmesmile
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2016

musicmakesmesmile , Jan 14, 2016 :
    I'm on CM 12.1.1-YOG7DS2K1 and I have a ridiculous ghost touch issue. It's almost become too difficult to use the phone. Any idea for fixing this?

10. Stefs
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2016

Stefs , Jan 14, 2016 :
    my one developed ghost touches as well with newest update and massive battery drain on top of that! :(

11. musicmakesmesmile
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2016

musicmakesmesmile , Jan 14, 2016 :
    My battery life is mostly fine other than the screen constantly being turned on for no reason

12. Stefs
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2016

Stefs , Jan 14, 2016 :
    yea I get the same issue too! Does anybody know how to fix this?

13. Jcespite
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2016

Jcespite , Jan 14, 2016 :

What about the Two, my finger id/home button just died after 3 months! Still waiting for support to get back to me... I was proactive, tested finger id, failed, deleted cache, failed, let battery run down, failed, reset to stock Phone, failed, latest OS and so on. Never dropped, protective soft case and glass screen. Put in pictures and provided all this info in ticket and Support asked me to provide or do all this info without reading my email.

14. Adrià Subirana
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2016

Adrià Subirana , Jan 14, 2016 :
    Thanks for hear us, recently my touchscreen didn't work at all, and I was about to backup my files and the touchscreen doesn't works at all and I wanna know how can I use the phone without the touchscreen so I can do my backup and wipe the cache partition safely.
    Someone said me to noavigate it with an adaptator for the mouse but actually I don't have one.
    Thankyou for your help.

15. Dobso8
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2016

16. Sapthagirish Balaji
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2016

Sapthagirish Balaji , Jan 21, 2016 :

17. Brkini
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2016

Brkini , Feb 15, 2016 :
    Hello. Regarding all of your updates I still have big problems with the touchscreen. They are so big that I am thinking to change the phone. I can't use my apps, can't write....the phone begins to open apps as he wants....this is not what I expected from a phone this expensive - opo is worst than all others I had in the past....with every update I hope that it will be better, but it is not. And your advise? None or reboot?!

18. mohiniPatil
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

mohiniPatil , Feb 17, 2016 :
    After around 9.5 months of usage, I am facing the touch screen issue now.
    I bought OPO in April 2015. Now, bottom half of my screen is not responding to touch screen. OP support team asked me to try wiping cache partition, that didn't solve the problem.
    Can you help me what I should be doing?

19. nuryaki
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

nuryaki , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Hello. I just flash a rom on my android phone.
    The old one was full of "xxx" stuffs...
    After the new rom was up, i discovered some problem.
    I got a 5" display. Bottom half is working fine.
    The problem is on top.
    My top part is somehow "touching" the middle part and the middle part is "touching" top one.
    What can i do?

In the image I've uploaded, the RED parts are working fine.
    The pink parts are switched between.

20. nuryaki
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

nuryaki , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Hello. I just flash a rom on my android phone.
    The old one was full of "xxx" stuffs...
    After the new rom was up, i discovered some problem.
    I got a 5" display. Bottom half is working fine.
    The problem is on top.
    My top part is somehow "touching" the middle part and the middle part is "touching" top one.
    What can i do?

In the image I've uploaded, the RED parts are working fine.
    The pink parts are switched between. 845454317_31c0380fa0-b2bf726961dc5bf4.jpg

Attached Files: