Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faffns
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2016

faffns , Feb 27, 2016 :
    I have exactly the same problem with the touchscreen as some previous posters are reporting. For example, when I try to write the letter "r" the screen recognises it as two separate touches and that results in the letters "e" and "t" instead of "r". the same way with a number of other letters. This is very annoying indeed. If I flip the phone over and use the keyboard it works fine as far as I've tried.

Troubleshooting done: factory reset both in android aswell as in startup of phone. I've also resetted the cache etc. Number of reboots and it still exists.

I sincerely hope you are looking into this matter as of right now, cause the phone is pretty much useless in the current state.

2. jbouzo
    Froyo Mar 1, 2016

3. thekeytolife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2016

4. jbouzo
    Froyo Mar 1, 2016

5. memeroot
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2016

memeroot , Mar 2, 2016 :
    Yep I'm having touch screen issues now aswell, regarding a small band in the middle of the screen..

wildewood and lucius158 like this.
  6. Alifsandeep
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2016

Alifsandeep , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Still having touch screen issue.. Very disappointed. I am running oxygen os 2.1.4... Please help

7. Alifsandeep
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2016

8. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    307 pages "We hear you" and no comments from staff, maybe it's time to close this thread?
    @gaster @SoniaB @keithnyc or @somemod
    Or is it that thread opend by staff, you won't (can't) close?

9. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 19, 2016

SoniaB , Mar 19, 2016 :
    There are users who may be experiencing this issue still in their device and for that purpose it should remain open.
    As for the no comments from staff, that does not mean that the thread is not still relevant.

keithnyc likes this.
  10. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Really, that's your reason? Staff opened this, staff should pay attention and respond thus "We hear you". Many threads closed for less than this...

11. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 19, 2016 :
    As I said - the thread itself is still relevant and so should remain open for those to be able to post here.
    Many threads which have been dead for a very long time and then pointlessly bumped are closed, but this is not the case here.

Hypothetical: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/movie-sausage-game.317992/ is a thread that you posted in earlier. The thread starter of ^^ was last seen on the forum on 30 September 2015. Should we be closing this thread too as he has not replied in that thread for almost 6 months?

keithnyc likes this.
  12. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Wow spying on me, that's really... I don't know what to say anymore... All of those community chat's should be closed, you're right, so close them and remove all points and posts of them, we will see who's Marshmallow, Lollipop, Kitkat, after that?

13. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Spying on you? Erm no, I pointed out a thread that you posted in as an example that is all. It was fairly easy to do as you are the latest poster in the thread.

I am confused though, you tagged me stating that perhaps this thread should be closed. I replied advising why I believe it should remain open. I am uncertain as to what the community chat section or the levels have to do with your original query. The levels are there for fun. Its not something to be taken seriously.

keithnyc likes this.
  14. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Mar 19, 2016

Rick Manders , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Besides what @SoniaB already mentioned on why it should stay open, basically what you said in your last line said is correct. Threads started by admins or staff are not to be closed by mods.

keithnyc and SoniaB like this.
  15. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    This is what I was talking about, why not then ask this thread to be closed from staff then?
    This thread really has run it's course all ready?
    It's all guestions, no answers...

16. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Mar 19, 2016

Rick Manders , Mar 19, 2016 :
    I don't know if it has run it's course. The latest comments are recent (today) and people still seem to have these issues.

But let me get back to you on if it should remain open. (timezones and weekends)

keithnyc likes this.
  17. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Yes it has questions (issues), but no answers.
    This thread's point was (as I see it, I can be wrong) to send feedback to staff, and staff has not replyed in ages...

18. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    I tagged you because you are Mod, right?
    Well Marshmallow me, for the fun of it? ;):p

19. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Marshmallow, ICS, cupcake, it matters not.
    Ain't nothing wrong with KitKat. My favourite dp was whilst I was KitKat
    upload_2016-3-19_22-51-21.jpeg

keithnyc likes this.
  20. jstepa
    KitKat Mar 19, 2016

jstepa , Mar 19, 2016 :
    Even I don't mind being cupcace, demote me to that, I don't care ;):p
    What I do mind, is these kind of staff made threads that no-one is maintaining anymore...