Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willxhunting
    Honeycomb May 9, 2015

Whoisme and Slipshot like this.
  2. grivad
    Froyo May 9, 2015

grivad , May 9, 2015 :
    Gestures are the first thing I turn off. Had them turned off since day one, still experienced the issue.

3. kalali
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

4. grivad
    Froyo May 9, 2015

grivad , May 9, 2015 :
    Probably not. The issues I was talking about in my case were touch issues in general, not specifically multitouch. Terrible typing lag, ghost swipes and taps while typing, inaccurate touch detection, slow scrolling, etc. I rarely have any reason to utilize multitouch in my daily use.

caffeine likes this.
  5. arjanvlek
    Honeycomb May 9, 2015

arjanvlek , May 9, 2015 :
    Just tell them that you have no camera. At purchase time, no one said a camera was required to complete the rma process...

As for remote session, say that your system administrator had blocked the RDP protocol on your computer or something like that. Or that your bandwidth is too low.

6. Knarre
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

Knarre , May 9, 2015 :
    Same here, bought it in October, so it's been cold until now since I live in Sweden. Now the damn phone goes crazy after taking it out my pocket.. I guess I need to get me a day time phone lol..
    Fix it opo.. If it's even possible..

7. grivad
    Froyo May 9, 2015

grivad , May 9, 2015 :
    I agree that it's a software issue, actually. At least in my case.

It seems that there's two camps. Some of us are having issues caused by software (which only started happening only after updating to 5.0.x), and some of us have legitimate hardware problems. In my case, for example, I haven't had any issues like what has been shown in some of the posted videos. Not nearly that bad. Those look like hardware issues.

8. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 9, 2015

SomeSayImHandSome , May 9, 2015 :
    there is no best. you get what you like. its just my opinion

9. ajmorley28
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

ajmorley28 , May 9, 2015 :
    Finally... Does this mean your support staff is going to stop trying to have me download a zip file of a patch to try to fix my phone?

10. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2015

11. ajmorley28
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

And is this going to address the horrible battery life after the update to cm 12s

12. dietrich000
    Froyo May 9, 2015

dietrich000 , May 9, 2015 :
    The CPU is not the only cause. Problems also occur because of the sun or any other heating device.

13. Wekslie
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

Wekslie , May 9, 2015 :
    Its a hardware error. Known proved error. The OS has nothing to do with it. if you experienced this problem after cm12 update, it is because the devices gets warm durring the update, from there it starts to get worse, even if you revert back to older rom. -------HARDWARE PROBLEM-----------

Yes,

they know this problem for a year, what did they do to fix it? continue selling the same device with no hardware modification.

1. they send you couple software fixes (they are not software fixes) its a hardware problem NOT software, they lie allot yes.
    2. they ask you te send pics and videos, just to delay the case, until they write a clever software patch that reset your screen calibration every 5 seconds, which will make it seem like its fixed, but screen still not good in responsiveness.
    3.they lie allot, and treat their customers very bad.
    4. their next device one plus 2 will be a big failure, I lost my 100% support, and faith in this rubbish brand.

5. I'm trying to get my money back, if they refuse, Hell will brake loose, and I'll fight for my rights, on all the forums, Media, and will arrange a paypal ban for the company.
    best regards, It will be my life mission, if they continue this bullshit attitude.

you can see my video here:

One plus shame on you and your customer service, I stop to accept how you treat your customers.

Edit btw, every one plus devices has this hardware problem, there are no exceptions at all, what they try to make us believe. the company will be bankrupt if they have to fix all the devices... mark my words.

Hardware Engineer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.metalev.multitouch.visualizer2&hl=en

***************************************************************************************

ITS PURE MAFFIA PRACTICE
    . INVENT A DEVICE WITH A HARDWARE PROBLEM, FIND OUT ABOUT IT 1 YEAR AGO, BUT STILL DECIDE TO CONTINUE SALES WITHOUT HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS, AND WHY?? THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO ARE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM IS NOT EQUAL TO THE PROFIT THEY MAKE.., NOW THEY SEE THREAT TO THEIR NEW FLAGSHIP ONE PLUS 2, THEY DECIDE TO JUMP IN, AND PRETEND THEY ARE BEHIND US..

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS FIRST CLASS RUBBISH!

I'll do a paypal claim, and go into media, if they do not refund or get back to me within 3 days, its been more than 2 weeks now. I did all the necessary sent them pics, tried their bs protocols, the limit has reached. Company will go bankrupt if they toy with me like this.

a word of angry, disappointed and desperate oneplus owner, who is toyed by one plus customer service.

Edit, Just found an interesting video which proof yet again, HARDWARE PROBLEM for each ONE PLUS ONE, they did not act on time, because they don't care the customers, now the one plus 2 is waiting to be released, and this problem becomes a threat for their new jackpot.. its pure strategy and money game.

14. ajmorley28
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

Why does the heat affect the touch screen like it does? And then usually is fixed with a phone reboot? It doesn't make any sense... I just wished they would listen to us about when the issue comes up while being used

15. shayne77
    Eclair May 9, 2015

shayne77 , May 9, 2015 :
    Proof of purchase regardless of whether eBay, retailer or 7/11 should be all that's required for RMA. Whoever I bought the phone off, bought it from OnePlus down the chain so.... its a legit purchase whatever country you live in and OP should honor the warranty!
    Someone should be going through these threads post by post and counting how many people actually have the problem? (Look for words like "I have the problem too....")
    OP are saying its a small percentage, I say BS!

willxhunting likes this.
  16. dietrich000
    Froyo May 9, 2015

Because the screen calibrates itself everytime you reboot the phone.

17. dietrich000
    Froyo May 9, 2015

Oh and i'm on CM11s for 4 months now without changing a thing. I've never updated, so that is the proof that it is not (only) a software problem.

Slipshot likes this.
  18. alexandre.lewin
    Froyo May 9, 2015

alexandre.lewin , May 9, 2015 :
    Well, if they do to people what they did to me, they'll simply tell you that you damaged your phone when you did not.
    htttp://www.alexandrelewin.com/nopo/?p=5

willxhunting and get2him like this.
  19. guilleml
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

guilleml , May 9, 2015 :
    At the moment I'm setting max CPU freq to 1,7ghz and I have undervolted it, maybe this way the screen works better.

20. grivad
    Froyo May 9, 2015

grivad , May 9, 2015 :
    Just did your test. Zero issues. No ghost swipes or taps, absolutely nothing. Again, I reflashed last night. I'm pretty convinced that, at least in my case, it's a software issue.

Like I said before, I had zero issues for a long time, the entirety of the time I was on KK ROMs, and only this week on Lollipop (Oxygen) after running Oxygen for over a month (flashed on release day).