Touchscreen latency.

1. G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz , Jun 7, 2017 :
    You know whats the worst part about using this phone ? When you're are promised that your problems will be fixed and yet the op5 is coming out soon but your phone's touchscreen latency hasn't been fixed yet. Sad. It has always been there from the beginning and its so annoying. Carl pei tweeted that the touchscreen latency has been fixed and now they are looking for adding more features to the alert slider. Well we are not sure yet whether he meant that they found the fixed or they fixed it. If they did fix it, well i am still facing this problem and its so disappointing because op5 is being released soon and then of course just like op2 users, op3 users will be ignored too. Please if there is a fix for this let me know. Oneplus support is bullshit, they replied me once about touchscreen latency, asking about a screenshot of my "about phone" and that's it. No need to be rude, it's just that its frustrating.

2. Android450
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2017

Android450 , Jun 7, 2017 :
    It has been fixed, if you flashed the beta. If not then wait for 4.1.5 which is around the corner.

3. at0mixX
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

at0mixX , Jun 7, 2017 :
    You know what's the worst part about coming to this forum? It's reading about the same topic over and over and listen to people whine because they have no patience. I rather wait a little longer and have a stable update than a rushed update full of bugs. Touch latency is blown out of proportion. I doubt most people wouldn't notice any latency issue if it wasn't mentioned. Also, would you rather have Oneplus not mention any fixes at all? They never set a date for a fix, but they at least acknowledge the problem and said they are working on it. So sit tight and just wait. No need to create a new thread over it.

omerkirat, Ritvik G, lukas391 and 5 others like this.
  4. Android450
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2017

If people can't wait less than two months I don't know how they would survive with other OEMs

5. at0mixX
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

at0mixX , Jun 7, 2017 :
    What he said. If you want a fix now. Get the beta build. Guys like me will wait for the stable release.

6. G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

Omg, its almost the end of an year for this phone and its successor is coming out soon. How long do we have to wait for this to be fixed. We have been waiting for almost over an year. Are you telling me to wait a bit longer, just like op2 users are doing ?

Daniel Hee likes this.
  7. G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

It has almost been over a year! How long ? Oneplus 5 is coming out. Thats the worst part.

Daniel Hee likes this.
  8. G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

Touchscreen latency has been there from the beginning, its just that people noticed it later. FYI it is going to be almost over a year with this problem and of course listening to oneplus support telling us that they will fix it. One year !

Daniel Hee likes this.
  9. Android450
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2017

The fact that you spelled it out right there. Their next device is coming out in about two weeks of course the ROM team (not the BETA team) is being stretched thin, it was never even that big of a deal. The phone just doesn't suddenly die because of very slight touch latency (most users didn't notice until it was all over the blogs. P.S. I never noticed)

bpwest80 likes this.
  10. G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2017

But i did.

11. Android450
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2017

And I bet you didn't notice it until someone said something. Flash the beta if it bothers you so much. I'mon the beta and I never even noticed it

Heisenberg_009 and at0mixX like this.
  12. G_shanu_abdul_majeed_ERV
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2017

G_shanu_abdul_majeed_ERV , Jun 7, 2017 :
    still the date not decided!!!

13. exorcer
    Eclair Jun 7, 2017

exorcer , Jun 7, 2017 :
    You know fixing touch latency when there are a million other bugs and "requests" that they need to consider is still really hard for any OEM with running Android. In all honesty you should feel blessed to have a company who even if are using 3T owners as feature testers for the 5, are still giving out beta updates consistently with the latest security and all the goody features you ask. So stop complaining about stuff you don't have if you haven't tried every possible way. These guys are Apple, and they don't have the same amount of staff as Apple as well, give them a break you got a damn good phone for a damn good price that should be good enough for you.

14. Tommy6860
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2017

Tommy6860 , Jun 7, 2017 :
    My phone is awesome, perhaps you're being just a bit *touchy* over nothing.

15. Ballymakaveli
    Donut Jun 7, 2017

Ballymakaveli , Jun 7, 2017 :
    just got my 3t 2 weeks back and am on 4.1.3 stable ..no touch latency issues at all for me

Android450 likes this.
  16. F_Sachin_Sachu_Nair_Ecnh
    Donut Jun 7, 2017

17. kevonn95
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2017

kevonn95 , Jun 7, 2017 :
    Literally around the corner :p:p

Android450 likes this.
  18. Android450
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2017

19. G_Jawahar_(Java)_JUsd
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

G_Jawahar_(Java)_JUsd , Jul 5, 2017 :
    I have touch screen problem while Mobile is charging...
    the keypad wont work properly...if we press one key,it takes some other...the problem is only while charging...
    anybody facing same problem???

20. ichi3772
    Donut Jul 6, 2017

ichi3772 , Jul 6, 2017 :
    As of 4.1.6 it has not been fixed or at least not completely, but I have to say it has never really bothered me. It might be annoying in some games but not when you're say texting or doing anything else than gaming.